Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I totally accept i'm in the wrong here cause nobody agrees with me, but i honestly don't think the "headbutt" was that bad.

Obviously he's in the wrong, he's a prat, but the way folk are going on you'd think Pardew had bent the lad over and bummed him.

I think most people just hate him and will use any opportunity to call for his head.

Especially me.

Guest BenArfa10

The media know he's not getting sacked by the club now after the warning and fine. They'll be going with the line that he should resign to keep his integrity intact. I'm sure they are going to try and shame him into resigning over the next few weeks. He's going to get a touchline ban from the 'angels' at the FA (not like they never done anything wrong), that's for definite so it might do him a favour with regards to keeping his job because he'll be out of the firing line. If he was still on the touchline and we had a few consecutive losses it'd be hell for him. They'll hate him after this and fans up and down the country are going to give him a lot of abuse. I'm sure deep down he probably thinks he has done nothing wrong despite his repentant child act.

All wishful thinking of binning him aside, I actually don't think the club have done too badly with this. Dealt with it pretty quickly, and a very notable fine and warning (though as mentioned it would be nice if the money was going to somewhere worthwhile) is about as much damage limitation as could be expected. I certainly didn't anticipate the tone of that statement.

I totally accept i'm in the wrong here cause nobody agrees with me, but i honestly don't think the "headbutt" was that bad.

Obviously he's in the wrong, he's a prat, but the way folk are going on you'd think Pardew had bent the lad over and bummed him.

Vanquishing that last taboo of open homosexuality in football...First, Fast, Now on Sky. Go Pards! Moral/equality crusader!

They've definitely thought about the timing of that statement being released.

Of course they have. Stops SSN, Sunday Supplement, the tabloids for Monday etc, speculating about him being sacked. Too late for tomorrow's papers but nips it in the bud straight away.

If the ref saw it and gave him a red card is that not the end of it. It is if a player is sent off, and I don't think the rules are any different with managers.

Also, as hasbeen mentioned earlier here,. If The Fat Controller really wanted shot of him, this was his chance, instead its a £100,000 fine, and a last warning.

At least that confirms once and for all that all reports of tension between Ashley and Pardew are bullshit. Doing a perfect job as far as Ashley is concerned and it is unlikely he will go until Ashley does (possibly barring us looking like we will be relegated).

This was his chance to act.

Exactly along the lines of what I was going to post, the biggest club statement made tonight was Ashley's public backing of Pardew, if ever there was a get-out clause to that 8 year contract it was this. The fact he hasn't taken action or even thought about it longer speaks deafening volumes of Ashley's acceptance of Pardew.