Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People would take Moyes over Martinez given the choice?

Madness! :lol:

Nah, what's madness is to laugh off the choice like you just have. This is Martinez' first big job, he's done absolutely nothing wrong so far but it's still only 1 season. Although I think he looks a better manager than Moyes he's hardly proven it yet.

Nah, what's madness is to laugh off the choice like you just have. This is Martinez' first big job, he's done absolutely nothing wrong so far but it's still only 1 season. Although I think he looks a better manager than Moyes he's hardly proven it yet.

He's done nothing so far? I agree that you can't laugh off choices, but are you seriously trying to tell yourself he's done nothing so far? In his first season he's close to doing what Moyes did as his best during his tenure at Everton.

He's done nothing so far? I agree that you can't laugh off choices, but are you seriously trying to tell yourself he's done nothing so far? In his first season he's close to doing what Moyes did as his best during his tenure at Everton.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jesus f***ing Christ.

:lol:

Yeah. It's to early. Just woke up. Sorry about that :lol:

Aye, it is very early days for Martinez. Looks like he's going to get a 5th place finish, just needs to win manager of the year and he'll be on a par with Pardew...

"Better" is subjective. Moyes does some things better, Martinez does others better. If I could have either tomorrow, it would be the latter 100% but that doesn't mean I don't think Moyes is very capable.

Personally I've had it with managers that take an overly cautious approach to the game. After 3 years of Pardew's dross, I need to be excited, I want to look forward to watching us again. Life's too short.

"Better" is subjective. Moyes does some things better, Martinez does others better. If I could have either tomorrow, it would be the latter 100% but that doesn't mean I don't think Moyes is very capable.

Personally I've had it with managers that take an overly cautious approach to the game. After 3 years of Pardew's dross, I need to be excited, I want to look forward to watching us again. Life's too short.

My feeling exactly :thup:

Nah, if you prefer Moyes over Martinez, you're off your nut, like. Doesn't even need a second thought. 11 days he had to prepare for that match on Sunday and his players didn't have the first clue what to do. Managed to make Rooney/Mata/Kagawa look like a laughing stock.

Purely depends on what you want for the manager. I'd quite like to see this club actually build itself up into something consistently good, I'd have far more confidence in Moyes creating that platform for us in our current state than Martinez. If I was basing it on more short-term stuff and wanting instantly entertaining football, I'd choose Martinez.

I'd take anything right now, I could take cautious football if it meant we had someone good at the helm.

This whole Moyes vs Martinez debate isn't really a viable one is it? We talking about Martinez in hindsight? Or if we would take him now that he's at Everton? I think should Martinez leave Everton any time soon, he'll have much bigger fish to fry unfortunately. I reckon he'll be there a while, and at this juncture, leaving Everton to come to NUFC would be a sideways step unless we get a multi-billionaire owner.

Realistically speaking, it would be Moyes over Martinez simply because Moyes would look to build the club back up again. Ethos, philosophy, discipline, passion and understanding of the fan base. Martinez would be here 2 minutes, play some good football, then be off to one of the "elite".

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Martinez would play the more exciting attractive football, but that's not a pressing priority at the moment IMO. The club is so fucking rotten from within that I'd take a year or two of seeing us compete, seeing players in their right positions, players starting matches on merit, honest communication between club and fans without hyperbole and cliches...etc..

Guest chopey

Bit odd and random that for Noel G like...not saying he knows owt just seems a bit out of context whilst talking about Man City.

What did he say.

Bit odd and random that for Noel G like...not saying he knows owt just seems a bit out of context whilst talking about Man City.

What did he say.

Asked about Pelegrini getting the boot, host on TS said 'David Moyes might be available', then NG say's 'Moyes will end up at Newcastle, trust me.'

:lol: They're talking about Moyes, whether he'll go to City if Pellegrini is sacked, so no, not out of context.