Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Thanks Bimpy :aww:

No worries mate. Just fwiw, whatever i put if i disagree with you (and i try not to be too insulting) it's never personal, not ever  ;)

Don't roll that s*** on me. Best overall poster... nearly smashed my works computer when i seen you were nominated in top 3  :lol:

If you're more than 10 years old, I'll be very surprised.

Don't roll that s*** on me. Best overall poster... nearly smashed my works computer when i seen you were nominated in top 3  :lol:

If you're more than 10 years old, I'll be very surprised.

Let your hair down on Saturday Mick and play out with the forum...you might have a good time you miserable old git  :aww:

Honestly, i don't know where people get the confidence from that Ashley will sign some European manager that will completley transform the football we play. He couldn't give a shit about how we play, not in the slightest. As long as results are half decent, he'll be happy. Minimal wages, long contract, top 10, agrees with his policies and spins things in the media, this fucker is going along swimmingly as far as Ashley is concerned. He's a million miles away from questioning the style of football and looking to upgrade it.

Balls. Not that anyone really knows but it was reported at the time that one of the main reasons, beyond the closeness to relegation, for Pardew getting dragged in for the inquest in the summer was Ashleys annoyance at the shit football we were producing last season.

Honestly, i don't know where people get the confidence from that Ashley will sign some European manager that will completley transform the football we play. He couldn't give a s*** about how we play, not in the slightest. As long as results are half decent, he'll be happy. Minimal wages, long contract, top 10, agrees with his policies and spins things in the media, this f***er is going along swimmingly as far as Ashley is concerned. He's a million miles away from questioning the style of football and looking to upgrade it.

Balls. Not that anyone really knows but it was reported at the time that one of the main reasons, beyond the closeness to relegation, for Pardew getting dragged in for the inquest in the summer was Ashleys annoyance at the s*** football we were producing last season.

I think that was mainly due to the fact he nearly relegated the club rather than the fact the football was poor. Top 8 Ashley is buying Alan a pint regardless of what football is served up. No doubt. Why would he care how he makes the money?

I know people on here like to excuse Pardew on account that his hands are tied because of Ashley, but that's bollocks. I'll be very surprised if Pardew ever gets to work with this calibre of club or team squad again. I actually would far rather have Ashley as an owner than the vast majority that currently own premier clubs. In fact the major blot on Ashley's copy book so far has been hiring Pardew then allowing Llambias to persuade him that an 8 year contract was a good idea. Hopefully Llambias falling on his own sword in the summer will allow us to sack this clueless patter merchant sooner rather than later.

I know people on here like to excuse Pardew on account that his hands are tied because of Ashley, but that's bollocks. I'll be very surprised if Pardew ever gets to work with this calibre of club or team squad again. I actually would far rather have Ashley as an owner than the vast majority that currently own premier clubs. In fact the major blot on Ashley's copy book so far has been hiring Pardew then allowing Llambias to persuade him that an 8 year contract was a good idea. Hopefully Llambias falling on his own sword in the summer will allow us to sack this clueless patter merchant sooner rather than later.

If Llambias' departure was to have any effect on Pardew's position here, surely he would've gone at the same time - especially given the shite season we had.

Have absolutely zero faith in Ashley sacking Pardew, unless we're in real danger of relegation.

Isn't it a bit strange to accept Ashley as owner and then dislike Pardew so much? I mean, Pardew is average but Ashley has made some actual horrible decisions. I guess if your argument is just with our style of play rather than our results or ambition then fair enough.

Isn't it a bit strange to accept Ashley as owner and then dislike Pardew so much? I mean, Pardew is average but Ashley has made some actual horrible decisions. I guess if your argument is just with our style of play rather than our results or ambition then fair enough.

That is my argument tbh. I've said plenty of times that I can accept a budget manager as long as his football principles are sound. I don't have that much of a problem with Ashley's cheapskate squad building as we've improved the quality by some in the last few years. But the appointment of both Pardew and Kinnear were horrendous, and that's down to Ashley.

That is my argument tbh. I've said plenty of times that I can accept a budget manager as long as his football principles are sound. I don't have that much of a problem with Ashley's cheapskate squad building as we've improved the quality by some in the last few years. But the appointment of both Pardew and Kinnear were horrendous, and that's down to Ashley.

Ah right, fair points. I don't love his style of football either.

Which Newcastle managers ''style of football'' have you liked?

There aren't many to choose from are there? Keegan obviously, Bobby as well. I guess Gullit never really got a chance to show his. We haven't really had any other likeable managers in my lifetime.

TBF to Pardew it's mainly his preference for solid players over technical ones that I dislike.