Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The apologists have been quick to point out the awful prospect of JFK getting the job if Pardew went, but that's no longer a prospect.

It wasn't really a major reason, it was just an example of the successor dilemma.

We can worry about the successor dilemma when there is one. Until the time comes it's just speculation that it will be another backward appointment.

Wha? But I mean, if you think the successor is likely to be worse then surely you would take that into account before sacking the bloke you've got?

Or you could do what Sunderland did - sack a bad manager and appoint one from the lower leagues who has a growing reputation. Something that was scoffed at on here a year ago but now looks to have been exactly the right move - assuming Ashley won't spend what's required to hire a proven manager.

If Di Canio had Sunderland 8th, do you think he would have been sacked ???

He was sacked because Short could see the writing on the wall. We should have seen it after the first 3-0 Sunderland thrashing followed by the 6-0 one against Liverpool. Now we've been given a reminder this week that those results weren't one-offs but point to a major flaw in Pardew's tactical nous.

In the main the results up to this weekend would suggest different tbh

The apologists have been quick to point out the awful prospect of JFK getting the job if Pardew went, but that's no longer a prospect.

It wasn't really a major reason, it was just an example of the successor dilemma.

We can worry about the successor dilemma when there is one. Until the time comes it's just speculation that it will be another backward appointment.

Wha? But I mean, if you think the successor is likely to be worse then surely you would take that into account before sacking the bloke you've got?

Or you could do what Sunderland did - sack a bad manager and appoint one from the lower leagues who has a growing reputation. Something that was scoffed at on here a year ago but now looks to have been exactly the right move - assuming Ashley won't spend what's required to hire a proven manager.

Di Canio was appointed as a manager from the lower leagues with a growing reputation as well.

In 13 games Di Canio won 12 points.  Poyet managed 13 points in his first 13.

This past month for Poyet could prove to be as "flukey" as Pardew's November.

Di Canio was appointed as a manager from the lower leagues with a growing reputation as well.

It could, but don't expect me to agree with you since I was of the opinion we should have gone for Poyet over a year ago. That was based on I liked how his team was set up, not on stats particularly.

No, first you jump out of the plane...then you check for a parachute.

Did no harm when we ended up with Souness.

Ok. You jump out of the plane knowing if you jump and you haven't got a parachute you'll die  :lol:

You're point about Souness is churlish. You denigrate from your sensible posts with nonsense like this.

It could be that we bring in a better manager, one who is happy to work with Ashley, but who is also happy to slag him off consistently when we have f*** ups like the last transfer window.  That's a must to keep the fans happy with him, but he'll also require enough of a twinkle in his eye that Ashley loves him to bits and is happy to take the criticism and such ability that he can play attractive, attacking football against all opponents with Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson as starters.

It could be that they start offering blowjobs and bacon butties with every ticket as well.

History suggests neither of those are likely and we'll have a t*** of a manager, unsucked cocks and empty bellies as long as we have this t*** of an owner.

Stick to graphs.

If the team was getting the right results no one would give a toss what he said. His comments are just another stick to beat him with.

'Attacking football against all opponents' I don't think we have to play Shola, Taylor and Williamson against all opponents. The three of them shouldn't have been on the pitch together in the Derby for a start and that's when we are on our bare bones.

It could, but don't expect me to agree with you since I was of the opinion we should have gone for Poyet over a year ago. That was based on I liked how his team was set up, not on stats particularly.

Just as well, Sunderland's next league games are Hull at home then City, Arsenal and Liverpool away, if they are still outside of the bottom 3 after that, all credit to them and the way they are set up.

No, first you jump out of the plane...then you check for a parachute.

Did no harm when we ended up with Souness.

Ok. You jump out of the plane knowing if you jump and you haven't got a parachute you'll die  :lol:

You're point about Souness is churlish. You denigrate from your sensible posts with nonsense like this.

It could be that we bring in a better manager, one who is happy to work with Ashley, but who is also happy to slag him off consistently when we have f*** ups like the last transfer window.  That's a must to keep the fans happy with him, but he'll also require enough of a twinkle in his eye that Ashley loves him to bits and is happy to take the criticism and such ability that he can play attractive, attacking football against all opponents with Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson as starters.

It could be that they start offering blowjobs and bacon butties with every ticket as well.

History suggests neither of those are likely and we'll have a t*** of a manager, unsucked cocks and empty bellies as long as we have this t*** of an owner.

Stick to graphs.

If the team was getting the right results no one would give a toss what he said. His comments are just another stick to beat him with.

'Attacking football against all opponents' I don't think we have to play Shola, Taylor and Williamson against all opponents. The three of them shouldn't have been on the pitch together in the Derby for a start and that's when we are on our bare bones.

:lol: :lol: We're 8th right now, that's more right results than wronguns !!

Just as well, Sunderland's next league games are Hull at home then City, Arsenal and Liverpool away, if they are still outside of the bottom 3 after that, all credit to them and the way they are set up.

How does a short set of games prove anything one way or another? This is just more selective stat manipulation. If Sunderland avoid relegation at the end of the season (which I think they will) then he'll have done a great job considering they had one point after 7 games.

I'd take my chances if it meant Pardew gone!

This. I don't think there's any guarantees in football with managers, you could get a highly respectable manager who just can't cut it here or someone who's scoffed at who really kicks on with a club of our size. It's always a gamble getting in a new manager, whatever the credentials. Worrying that you might get worse than what you have is short termism IMO if the current manager can't do his job properly.

This. I don't think there's any guarantees in football with managers, you could get a highly respectable manager who just can't cut it here or someone who's scoffed at who really kicks on with a club of our size. It's always a gamble getting in a new manager, whatever the credentials. Worrying that you might get worse than what you have is short termism IMO if the current manager can't do his job properly.

In the current circumstances at the club, I'm not sure we can truly judge that.

I do think he was absolutely culpable for Saturday btw.

Guest bimpy474

In the current circumstances at the club, I'm not sure we can truly judge that.

I do think he was absolutely culpable for Saturday btw.

Like fuck we cant. He's a manager who after 3 years still reverts to hoofball when the going gets tough. That tells you all you need to know about his ability when under pressure.

Sticking with him would be mental imo.

It's not as black and white as people judge him on is the problem, yes we're 8th, yes we've won a few "unwinable" games but the manner in which we play, the negative tactics, the hoofball, it's fucking unwatchable. I'll take my chances thanks, I hate this Pardball we're playing and I hate the fact we bottle it at home against weaker opposition. I could go on..

Anyone who could wins derby would be nice

I'd trade a derby win for beating Man U every season, forever, tbh.

Why?

I'd rather beat one of the game's really big teams than an average also ran any day of any week.

I'm actually surprised that everyone doesn't feel that way tbh.

It's not as black and white as people judge him on is the problem, yes we're 8th, yes we've won a few "unwinable" games but the manner in which we play, the negative tactics, the hoofball, it's f***ing unwatchable. I'll take my chances thanks, I hate this Pardball we're playing and I hate the fact we bottle it at home against weaker opposition. I could go on..

One game, the stats would say. I thought we played some truly lovely stuff against Norwich, why he abandoned it against Sunderland I can't comprehend mind.

Why?

I'd rather beat one of the game's really big teams than an average also ran any day of any week.

What in the absolute fuck :lol:

Why?

And then they say foreign footballers don't understand what the local derby means to the fans :lol:

Why?

I'm not from the area but I have an adopted hatred for Sunlun (Not just for my love of NUFC but because of some clown I used to work with who was canned for being a scrote!) and even I know the importance of beating the great unwashed over the (not so) mighty Man U. To suggest otherwise is insane, that match is not just about the football and has more meaning than just points and league position ffs.

Why?

where do you live?

Guest bimpy474

It's not as black and white as people judge him on is the problem, yes we're 8th, yes we've won a few "unwinable" games but the manner in which we play, the negative tactics, the hoofball, it's f***ing unwatchable. I'll take my chances thanks, I hate this Pardball we're playing and I hate the fact we bottle it at home against weaker opposition. I could go on..

One game, the stats would say. I thought we played some truly lovely stuff against Norwich, why he abandoned it against Sunderland I can't comprehend mind.

I think Dave said something similar to this, Pardew is limited so when he lost Cabaye before Norwich, he stuck with the same team (with an addition for Cabaye) and tactics because it was so close to the game. Rather like last season with Cisse on the wing after he lost Ba before a game.

But the Derby gave him time to think and we all saw what he cme up with. And that mate is why i hate the bloke, he is a fucking retard who thinks twatting forward early will work. In all his time here, it hasn't and will not work. Playing football nicely as we have at times this season is what works.

But fuckbrain thinks launch ball is what we need just because we lost Cabaye. He's a fucking meatbag of shit.

Well done for trying to pick a hole in one point and ignoring the rest. 1 full game granted, but it's his go-to tactic when he's under pressure, Shola on... Hoof!