Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now I have a chequered relationship with Alan stretching back to my time at West Ham. I had lost my father and was going through a divorce so it was incredibly difficult time for me personally and he didn’t give me permission to go to his funeral.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/don-hutchison-gives-view-tyne-wear-6670477

Evil bastard

Alan is a coward and a yes man....afraid to loose his job or whatever...

Starting Shola on top is SO FUKING DISGUSTING. He have had more chances the anybody else in the squad and he have not played a good full game for years...still we have to watch this donkey as our only/lone striker, jesus how fuking stupid can you be. He can't run or control the ball....he is pathetic, i almost feels sorry for him. How can pardew not see this....is he building our entire game on a loose ball falls in front of this big donkey and it somehow shovel it in....great tactics.

that is a huge joke which i can´t believe isn´t being laughed at more in the media....maybe it is i have not seen it!

Ashley is a huge C*unt but pardew does not have any excuses for playing Shola. I would rather he played obertan on top (for example)

1 have left 2 to go

phew, I'm feeling better already!

Guest reefatoon

I hope the reporters carry on making him squirm in interviews and conferences. Loved that last one, hope they carry on. I have a feeling he would break in no time at all.

I hope the reporters carry on making him squirm in interviews and conferences. Loved that last one, hope they carry on. I have a feeling he would break in no time at all.

"Alan, now that you're in charge of transfers, how do you plan to replace Cabaye with the £45m in transfer profit that the club has made over the past 5 years?"

Guest reefatoon

"Alan, now that you're in charge of transfers, how do you plan to replace Cabaye with the £45m in transfer profit that the club has made over the past 5 years?"

I wouldn't want to hear the answer to that.

Don't be daft.

I'm deadly serious. If we plummet down the table there will be pressure on Pardew and Ashley to do something. Whether it would result in him being sacked remains to be seen but it's better than drifting.

Better than drifting? I wouldnt be so sure. Its hard to imagine us appointing a manager who everyone could get behind under Ashley. I have no faith in him getting anyone better. At least Kinnear is now, surely, out of the reckoning.

That's right. Now Kinnear is out of the reckoning that's one less excuse to stick with Pardew. The apologists have been quick to point out the awful prospect of JFK getting the job if Pardew went, but that's no longer a prospect.

Perfect for Pardew, the timing of this, he can, quite rightly IMO, point to the fact that for a year his hands have been tied behind his back and being 8th despite all that is no small beer.

Whatever happens between now and end of the season, he can also plausibly blame the Kinnear debacle.

He's going nowhere folks.

The apologists have been quick to point out the awful prospect of JFK getting the job if Pardew went, but that's no longer a prospect.

It wasn't really a major reason, it was just an example of the successor dilemma.

We can worry about the successor dilemma when there is one. Until the time comes it's just speculation that it will be another backward appointment.

The apologists have been quick to point out the awful prospect of JFK getting the job if Pardew went, but that's no longer a prospect.

It wasn't really a major reason, it was just an example of the successor dilemma.

We can worry about the successor dilemma when there is one. Until the time comes it's just speculation that it will be another backward appointment.

Wha? But I mean, if you think the successor is likely to be worse then surely you would take that into account before sacking the bloke you've got?

Wha? But I mean, if you think the successor is likely to be worse then surely you would take that into account before sacking the bloke you've got?

No, first you jump out of the plane...then you check for a parachute.

Did no harm when we ended up with Souness.

Or you could do what Sunderland did - sack a bad manager and appoint one from the lower leagues who has a growing reputation. Something that was scoffed at on here a year ago but now looks to have been exactly the right move - assuming Ashley won't spend what's required to hire a proven manager.

Ok. You jump out of the plane knowing if you jump and you haven't got a parachute you'll die  :lol:

You're point about Souness is churlish. You denigrate from your sensible posts with nonsense like this.

Or you could do what Sunderland did - sack a bad manager and appoint one from the lower leagues who has a growing reputation. Something that was scoffed at on here a year ago but now looks to have been exactly the right move - assuming Ashley won't spend what's required to hire a proven manager.

If Di Canio had Sunderland 8th, do you think he would have been sacked ???

If Di Canio had Sunderland 8th, do you think he would have been sacked ???

He was sacked because Short could see the writing on the wall. We should have seen it after the first 3-0 Sunderland thrashing followed by the 6-0 one against Liverpool. Now we've been given a reminder this week that those results weren't one-offs but point to a major flaw in Pardew's tactical nous.

Course you could, that would be great. But that's not what we were arguing about. We were discussing whether you should take into account the likelihood of the successor being better before sacking the guy in charge.

Course you could, that would be great. But that's not what we were arguing about. We were discussing whether you should take into account the likelihood of the successor being better before sacking the guy in charge.

How can you take into account the likelihood he will be better? Can you tell me the likelihood that he will be worse?

How can you take into account the likelihood he will be better? Can you tell me the likelihood that he will be worse?

I can tell you the likelihood (in my opinion) that Mike Ashley is capable of selecting a promising manager who will do a better job, it's extremely doubtful. As we said initially, it's not the only factor in deciding whether to sack Pardew, but it is an important one.

I can tell you the likelihood (in my opinion) that Mike Ashley is capable of selecting a promising manager who will do a better job, it's extremely doubtful. As we said initially, it's not the only factor in deciding whether to sack Pardew, but it is an important one.

I would like to think that Ashley, clueless as he is about football, would learn from experience. He did learn from the Wise and Jiminez fiasco after all. In any case, if he's deliberately hiring inferior managers as yes men, then all the more reason to hope it fails, hence my arguing that I don't mind if we plummet down the table. Like I said, we aren't getting relegated so what do I care if we finish 8th or 15th? Those positions mean nothing to me unless there is a sign of progress and while Pardew's here I don't see that.

Ok. You jump out of the plane knowing if you jump and you haven't got a parachute you'll die  :lol:

You're point about Souness is churlish. You denigrate from your sensible posts with nonsense like this.

It could be that we bring in a better manager, one who is happy to work with Ashley, but who is also happy to slag him off consistently when we have fuck ups like the last transfer window.  That's a must to keep the fans happy with him, but he'll also require enough of a twinkle in his eye that Ashley loves him to bits and is happy to take the criticism and such ability that he can play attractive, attacking football against all opponents with Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson as starters.

It could be that they start offering blowjobs and bacon butties with every ticket as well.

History suggests neither of those are likely and we'll have a twat of a manager, unsucked cocks and empty bellies as long as we have this twat of an owner.