Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul

Debuchy            Colo                        MyM                  Santon

Tiote

Anita                    Sissoko

Ben Arfa                                                                      Gouffran

Remy

Krul

Tiote

Ben Arfa                                                                      Gouffran

Remy

Thats the best we have

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Tiote

Remy

Good team, in no way reflects the selection our fuckwit of a manager will pick though.

I have just realised i dropped tiote in my formation, which is tremendously harsh as I've liked him a lot this season. I'd probably switch him and Anita depending on the situation (or for Sissoko)

that team does look nice, but I do think De Jong may be valuable for holding up the ball.

Krul

Tiote

Remy

dear god not the Colo MYM combo idea again.

That team is far from perfect like, but its not as if we have a raft of players to replace those selected with. There's a chronic lack of creativity in the middle, and Colo/MyM isn't great, but what can be expected with such a limited squad that is starved of investment?

tiote - marv -anita combo has to be tried again imo. The worry with integrating marv again is that we need to complement him with 2 more defensive midfielders and we'd end up very defensive, a sissoko - anita - tiote mid may be more aggressive.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/10/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-manchester-united

Alan Pardew celebrated in front of his TV when Darren Bent scored Fulham's injury-time equaliser at Old Trafford on Sunday. "Manchester United's result cheered me up," said Newcastle United's manager as he prepared for his game against Tottenham at St James' Park on Wednesday night.

"It gives us a chance to try and catch them and, if we finish above Manchester United that would be a hell of an achievement for this club, regardless of anything else. That's the immediate incentive for us and then we'll see where that takes us."

Pardew's side currently stand eighth, one place and four points behind David Moyes' team, although their hopes of beating Spurs have been dented by a lengthy injury list. "I haven't picked Manchester United out because of David, who is a big pal of mine and handling that situation very well," said Pardew who is annoyed by the notion that Newcastle are simply content to tread water. "It's because they happen to be the team directly in front of us.

"But of course it would be quite a scalp to finish above them. People are saying we have no incentive [for the rest of the season] but they are insulting our professionalism. I don't like that. As manager of Newcastle United, it irritates me. There's always an incentive in football."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/10/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-manchester-united

Alan Pardew celebrated in front of his TV when Darren Bent scored Fulham's injury-time equaliser at Old Trafford on Sunday. "Manchester United's result cheered me up," said Newcastle United's manager as he prepared for his game against Tottenham at St James' Park on Wednesday night.

"It gives us a chance to try and catch them and, if we finish above Manchester United that would be a hell of an achievement for this club, regardless of anything else. That's the immediate incentive for us and then we'll see where that takes us."

Pardew's side currently stand eighth, one place and four points behind David Moyes' team, although their hopes of beating Spurs have been dented by a lengthy injury list. "I haven't picked Manchester United out because of David, who is a big pal of mine and handling that situation very well," said Pardew who is annoyed by the notion that Newcastle are simply content to tread water. "It's because they happen to be the team directly in front of us.

"But of course it would be quite a scalp to finish above them. People are saying we have no incentive [for the rest of the season] but they are insulting our professionalism. I don't like that. As manager of Newcastle United, it irritates me. There's always an incentive in football."

what a fucking joker.

he contradicts himself with every interview.

Hate the lying, smarmy, patsy cunt.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Krul

Tiote

Remy

I'd like to see what we can do with both De Jong and Remy in the lineup. 

Krul

Debuchy            Willo                        MyM                  Dummett

Tiote

Sissoko                Gouffran

Ben Arfa                                                                      Remy

De Jong

4 strikers  :notbad:

More quotes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2556291/Alan-Pardew-aiming-finish-Manchester-United-Newcastle-United-boss-insists-season-isnt-yet.html

Pardew said: ‘People say our season is over which is an insult to our professionalism. I do expect we will have all our bodies who matter to us for Aston Villa in a fortnight. We have one game to knuckle down and see if we can get a win.

'You are never safe from relegation until you have 40 points so we are not safe and we have professional pride. The Manchester United-Fulham result cheered me up because it gives us a chance to catch them. Finishing above them would be a hell of an achievement, so that is the incentive for us.

‘They’re directly above us, that’s why I’ve picked them out, not because of what is happening David Moyes, who is a big pal of mine. He’s handling that situation very well. They happen to be the team directly in front of us.

‘It would be quite a scalp for us. People say we have no incentive, but we have a professional incentive and I don’t like to hear it. It irritates me as manager of Newcastle.

‘When we finished fifth that season what was the incentive then? Was it Champions League? There was a point in that season, in January, February when everyone had written us off saying the season was over. Then we went on that amazing run, and I’m not saying we’re going to do that again, but at the minute it’s a little bit premature to write us off.

‘We have to stoke the fans’ passions with results. When we’ve got all our players available, we’re a tough nut to crack and we’ve proved that against Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham this year.

‘This is a job that the passion from the fans can’t help but inspire you. I have enjoyed 90 per cent of my time here but I have lost some emotional games like Sunderland and the cup games which is tough to take at a club desperate to win a trophy.

‘There is pride in doing a good job and we have played some fantastic football and achieved some unbelievable results. By the time I reach my next landmark, which is 200, hopefully we will have the trophy the fans are so desperate to win.’