Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

What are you on about man?

I'm not saying he needs to say, "aye, we'll win nee bother."

He just doesn't need to say stuff like, "get spurs game out the way" and "8th is top of the league for us"

Those were from just this week.

I don't know what he says in private to the players your right, but based on their recent performances, every single one of them have given up now and are on holiday.

He doesn't have to say we'll win, that's stupid. He could show some sort of confidence or positivity though that might filter through to the fans and his players.

Recent performances have been shit. He needs to stop the rot pretty quickly here. But approximately 0% of it has anything to do with anything he's ever said in a press conference.

Pardew sees the players every day. Unless something said in a press conference relates to one of them personally then I'm certain it does fuck all to affect them.

I think the only solution is to analyse his pre-match comments more closely than currently, and Ian W frowns on that.  Bit of a catch-22.

As previously stated, I frequently watch our games and am reminded of his pre-match comments, it seems to seep through to the players - whether that's because they take notice of the media or it generally resembles what he's saying in training/on match days, we'll never know.  So yes, it has an effect if that's the case and my mind's not playing tricks.  The only real example I can remember recently of that not being the case was when he said it was a terrible time to play Man Utd as they'd just been beaten by Everton.  Fair do's we won that game and played well, so the theory didn't really ring true in that instance.

As I say, I'll start keeping a record of it if you like - pre-match comments vs the subsequent performance.  You'll have to ask Ian W though.

Not worth the bother.

Even if there is a correlation it doesn't mean hedging = loss.  We're on a losing streak. When your side is struggling for confidence it makes even more sense than usual to downplay their chances and take the pressure off. It can just as easily mean losses = hedging.

A correlation between the two doesn't doesn't mean anything he's saying publicly affects their morale. There's not necessarily any causation there.

It's disgusting how he seems to be under no threat at all in the press either.

Again, the national media don't give a shit about who's managing Newcastle United. Did they put pressure Laudrup before he was sacked for poor performances? Nope.

They'll only pounce on a bad run if it's a club that matters like Man United.

Biggest home defeat since 1925

First time Sunderland have won since 1920s

7 blanks in 8 games

9 defeats out 11 league games last season (2 wins in 13)

I could do a better job in the cups

4 losses consecutively, first time in decades.

Fucking record breaking cunt, not his fault though...obvs.

There's so many others, too. For example this was Spurs' first win here in a decade and their biggest win here since the 50s.

We went about two years without coming from behind to win as well. Only done it once this season.

7 blanks in 8 games

There's so many others, too. For example this was Spurs' first win here in a decade and their biggest win here since the 50s.

We went about two years without coming from behind to win as well. Only done it once this season.

Summat about corners too.

Again, the national media don't give a s*** about who's managing Newcastle United. Did they put pressure Laudrup before he was sacked for poor performances? Nope.

What about the local press? They seem to spend their time concentrating on their Ashley vendetta but this bloke gets off scot free.

Again, the national media don't give a shit about who's managing Newcastle United. Did they put pressure Laudrup before he was sacked for poor performances? Nope.

Just tonight the commentators were going on about how they "felt sorry for Pards" (genuine quote). Beggars belief, like.

7 blanks in 8 games

Yes, and that was because Stoke went down to 9 men.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  36m

Pardew: "The performance wasn’t good enough, we were dominated from start to finish and we lost 4-0. That really sums it up." #NUFC

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  31m

Pardew: "made my views v clear in dressing room … (won't elaborate) other than to give a message to our fans that it wasn’t good enough."

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  30m

Pardew: "as manager you expect life & limb on the pitch … that’s what I expect my players to give, in every moment, in every game." #NUFD

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  3m

Pardew: “I don’t want to stand there on my 150th game & watch a performance like that. I don’t care about how good Tottenham were." #NUFC

It's because they don't like you, Alan.

Just tonight the commentators were going on about how they "felt sorry for Pards" (genuine quote). Beggars belief, like.

It's worse for commentators because they're all part of the same fraternity of English ex-footballers. They'll never badmouth one another.

Pardew: "The performance wasn’t good enough, we were dominated from start to finish and we lost 4-0. That really sums it up." #NUFC

Pardew: "made my views v clear in dressing room … (won't elaborate) other than to give a message to our fans that it wasn’t good enough."

Pardew: "as manager you expect life & limb on the pitch … that’s what I expect my players to give, in every moment, in every game." #NUFD

Pardew: “I don’t want to stand there on my 150th game & watch a performance like that. I don’t care about how good Tottenham were." #NUFC

I don't give a shit if it's your 150th game or not, your performance as a manager and resulting in the players performance was disgraceful no matter which match it is.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I was more upset about the performance. That wasn't an honest display from us. I mentioned a few things in the dressing room that I hope hits home - I won't mention them to the media.

You just did Alan. I'm sure the players will appreciate it.

150th game in charge tonight. How far have we came?

Insanely enough, we'll probably finish higher this season than we did when he took over.

Progress :yao:

Wow, de ja vue there, also the feeling extends to him being sacked in the next few moments. Let's see shall we?

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

What are you on about man?

I'm not saying he needs to say, "aye, we'll win nee bother."

He just doesn't need to say stuff like, "get spurs game out the way" and "8th is top of the league for us"

Those were from just this week.

I don't know what he says in private to the players your right, but based on their recent performances, every single one of them have given up now and are on holiday.

He doesn't have to say we'll win, that's stupid. He could show some sort of confidence or positivity though that might filter through to the fans and his players.

Recent performances have been shit. He needs to stop the rot pretty quickly here. But approximately 0% of it has anything to do with anything he's ever said in a press conference.

Pardew sees the players every day. Unless something said in a press conference relates to one of them personally then I'm certain it does fuck all to affect them.

I think the only solution is to analyse his pre-match comments more closely than currently, and Ian W frowns on that.  Bit of a catch-22.

As previously stated, I frequently watch our games and am reminded of his pre-match comments, it seems to seep through to the players - whether that's because they take notice of the media or it generally resembles what he's saying in training/on match days, we'll never know.  So yes, it has an effect if that's the case and my mind's not playing tricks.  The only real example I can remember recently of that not being the case was when he said it was a terrible time to play Man Utd as they'd just been beaten by Everton.  Fair do's we won that game and played well, so the theory didn't really ring true in that instance.

As I say, I'll start keeping a record of it if you like - pre-match comments vs the subsequent performance.  You'll have to ask Ian W though.

Not worth the bother.

Even if there is a correlation it doesn't mean hedging = loss.  We're on a losing streak. When your side is struggling for confidence it makes even more sense than usual to downplay their chances and take the pressure off. It can just as easily mean losses = hedging.

A correlation between the two doesn't doesn't mean anything he's saying publicly affects their morale. There's not necessarily any causation there.

Fair enough, you don't want me to do it - you can stick with your hunch and I'll stick with mine.

Inspired decision to stick with the 4-4-2 and hoof that worked so successfully in our last home game and last season generally btw. Love to know his thinking behind that, not that he ever speaks a word of troof

Perhaps whacking one off over the fact we only lost 3-0 against Chelsea sent them the wrong message, cunt?

I still feel the "club" is like 5 people total.

It is. Multi-million pound organisation.

And in case you think I'm joking:

http://i.imgur.com/es7brpQ.png

Non-execs don't do anything, so 'the club' is Ashley, two directors, two people who talk (or don't) to the press and the bloke who runs the club shops. For a company that turns over £100m annually. :thup: