Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's my post after that, I'm still the same now tbh:

I knew he could "turn things around", I thought we'd finish 8th at the start of the season and we might actually surpass that. It'll have been a decent season with our squad if things stay as they are imo, nothing more. That isn't my gripe with Pardew though, we all know what he's capable of and I don't believe his 5th place finish was a fluke, I never have done although I do think it's the height of his managerial ability. Not a 5th place finish, that is entirely dependent on the league, but the way he went about getting there, winning games with grafting wingers and players putting their bodies on the line, there's a "glass ceiling" there for how well your squad is capable of playing.

I've seen with my own eyes the more dramatic problems he has as a manager too, like his inability to have a proper footballing identity stamped on his squad, not just his starting XI, which has shown in the cups and when we're a few men short. He takes far too long to sort it out too. He may have changed and he may continue to change, I hope he has and does, but all I can show an opinion on is what he's done and what he appears to be continuing to do.

In short, happy to have him; wouldn't sack him for just anyone whilst he's doing well; would get rid for someone like Martinez, Laudrup or Pochettino in a heartbeat.

Thing is, my view is pretty much that. I just don't get swayed or change that opinion on the poor runs or awful performances. I'll continue to back him for the job until like you say someone of a higher order is being touted to come in, then if it's nailed on, he can fuck in an instant.

I get frustrated on here with the comments leading up to the Hull as people saying we are putting 10 men behind the ball, we can't counter attack, we've hardly played well this season...these sort of things build up then we blow all those things out the water, not for the first time this season either then people come on and moan when i say i told you so. Which is childish, but they aren't the ones who have taken the stick during the week being called 'clueless' only for me to be proved right...not for the first time either  :shifty: It's like i should just accept the stick i get in the build up to a match then give nothing back after it? Hardly seems fair, like :lol:

Anyways, had my rant, blame the idiot who created a second Pardew thread. I've done well to last till Wednesday without ruining it. Over and out .....for now  :pow:

I just don't get swayed or change that opinion on the poor runs or awful performances.

so you don't let little things like him breaking every single "worst" record we've just about ever had (including our transformation into the mackems whipping boys) have an influence on your opinion of him performing his job?

the only thing that matters is what, finishing top of the league in 8th?  everything else be damned

Guest bimpy474

I just don't get swayed or change that opinion on the poor runs or awful performances.

so you don't let little things like him breaking every single "worst" record we've just about ever had (including our transformation into the mackems whipping boys) have an influence on your opinion of him performing his job?

the only thing that matters is what, finishing top of the league in 8th?  everything else be damned

That's why when Brett says he would have him replaced i think Brett is talking shite.

Brett rates him, it really is as simple at that imo.

I'm just aware we'll have our bad runs like Jan/Feb but we'll come out and have our good run again. During that spell everyone was saying 9th/10th even some relegation battle. Whilst prasing Southampton (surprise surprise) because they have put a few good wins together. I said i still fancy us to come back ad over take them, Southampton will have their bad spell again and we'll come back to our good spell. The derby results are f***ing horrendous, like. He's a coward for them, no doubt about it but there is a bigger picture than that. I'm not one of them who would rather beat Sunderland twice a season and nothing else matters. Much rather have our current position than theres.

He's got horrible records to his name but he's also got some excellent records to his name. He has had a rollercoaster of a time here to say the least with some very high points and some very low points. I said finish top 8 then put the pressure again on Ashley to invest in the summer, put the ball in his court so the fans can't look at you and say you're not putting us in the position to challenge. He's on course to do that then it's up to Ashely once again just like it was when we finished 5th.

That's why when Brett says he would have him replaced i think Brett is talking s****.

Brett rates him, it really is as simple at that imo.

Like saying you rate Ashley because you think he'll appoint a class manager like Laudrup next. Really that simple isn't it, Bimps :lol:

while i agree in part with what you're saying he himself has been complicit in making our seasons about nothing other than the mackems games because he won't shoot for the europa league anymore and he won't shoot for the cups 'cause he's been told they don't matter

what's left?  we've got 8th to play for, and games against the mackems, that's it - he's basically said it a million times during his campaign to reduce fan expectations to nothingness

while i agree in part with what you're saying he himself has been complicit in making our seasons about nothing other than the mackems games because he won't shoot for the europa league anymore and he won't shoot for the cups 'cause he's been told they don't matter

what's left?  we've got 8th to play for, and games against the mackems, that's it - he's basically said it a million times during his campaign to reduce fan expectations to nothingness

This is what i heard prior to Villa that players didn't care, Pardew only wants the win to save his job. We got the win with excellent team spirit and hit the 40 mark. Then build up to Hull was even worse criticism for Pardew and the players. They are safe now, don't want Europe, no need for us to win now we won last week, Pardew will be scared of them, 10 men behind the ball. Then we fucking trounced them.

When does the belief come that we can give it a go...and more importantly are giving it a go?Could have been easy to go to Hull and put a half hearted performance in to a side in good form but we didn't, was the total opposite. Everton are hardly firing on all clylinders at the moment either and we all know Man Utd are prone to a canny fuck up lately. Just keep winning our matches and see where it takes us.

i don't know how to respond to you any more tbh brett

People get caught up in soundbytes in clubs statements in how cups and europe aren't financially worth targeting or whatever s**** they said. End of the day though, they aren't on the pitch to stop the players from giving it a go. Yes we've had some dire cup performances, and last season million miles from Europe in the league but as far as i can see right now, the players/manager are going all out for highest possible position. I couldn't have been anymore pleased with how they handled themselves on the pitch at Hull. So p*ssed off that this headbutt has totally taken the shine of the players and even Pardew's own tactics to an extent. He’s let everyone down by his actions and he’ll know it.

Even with that headbutt though, everyone left Hull with a belief we can get into Europe this season and we are still very much alive and kicking. You didn't leave the stadium thinking what a waste of time, we are done for, players have packed up their cases for the summer hols and we've nothing left to play for. Instead they did us proud and showed there's still life in this season yet, what more could you ask of them?

Guest reefatoon

A couple of wins and everything gets swept under the carpet.

It normally only takes one win for Brett to come out with his Churchill'esque speech.  The king of prattle is back with a bang.

A couple of wins and everything gets swept under the carpet.

There's nothing to sweep under carpet? We went on a bad run, a very bad run. Nothing we haven't been through before but we've bounced back from them. We lost our best player, we had key players missing and things were looking bleak. A few on here were saying when we get Taylor out the side and few players back, our performance will be upped. Since that, its 2 from 2, it's not coincidental tbh.

People get caught up in soundbytes in clubs statements in how cups and europe aren't financially worth targeting or whatever s**** they said. End of the day though, they aren't on the pitch to stop the players from giving it a go. Yes we've had some dire cup performances, and last season million miles from Europe in the league but as far as i can see right now, the players/manager are going all out for highest possible position. I couldn't have been anymore pleased with how they handled themselves on the pitch at Hull. So p*ssed off that this headbutt has totally taken the shine of the players and even Pardew's own tactics to an extent. He’s let everyone down by his actions and he’ll know it.

Even with that headbutt though, everyone left Hull with a belief we can get into Europe this season and we are still very much alive and kicking. You didn't leave the stadium thinking what a waste of time, we are done for, players have packed up their cases for the summer hols and we've nothing left to play for. Instead they did us proud and showed there's still life in this season yet, what more could you ask of them?

Any timeframe for when they decide?  Is this going to be like the Anelka thing where they dick about for ages?  Just roll some dice, ban the t*** for that many games and get it over with.

Swift FA action this as well. Tomorrow is the date for something...

Probably because Brett is, in fact, spot on.

Keith Barrett has been posting his e-mails with the Hull Chief Inspector on Facebook - some very valid points indeed;

I have today e mailed Chief Inspector Richie Kirven of Humberside Police asking him a simple question. I see no reason to keep it private so here is a copy for ...any football fans that may be interested .

Dear Chief Inspector Kirven,

I note with great interest that you as Chief Inspector for Humberside Police have decided to take no further action against Mr. Alan Pardew, manager of Newcastle United Football Club after he head butted a Hull City player in the KC Stadium Kingston Upon Hull on Saturday 1st March 2014. An incident shown and witnessed by millions on television.

I was involved in an incident myself at the KC Stadium on 3rd January 2009 which resulted in a 3 year banning order from all football stadiums in Great Britain, and a £1500 fine, I still have the video evidence of the incident as I am sure you do, I think most witness's would agree there is no difference in the level of violence used in both incidents.

I appeared twice at Hull Magistrstes Court and I funded my own appeal at Hull Crown Court, I remember very clearly how this point was made to me by the magistrate, '

Mr.Barrett, you must remember where this act of violence took place, inside a football stadium, anyone, (anyone, Chief Inspector) who commits an act of violence at the KC Stadium will be punished by an automatic 3 year banning order, we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in the City of Hull'

I quote below the Government statute for issuing football banning orders,

'Civil' Football Banning Orders - s. 14 B - on Complaint

From the 6th April 2007 prosecutors are able to apply for a 'civil' football banning order. The court must make an order if satisfied that the respondent has at any time caused or contributed to any violence or disorder in the UK or elsewhere and that there are reasonable grounds to believe that it would help to prevent violence or disorder at or in connection with any regulated football matches.

For s.14 (A) and (B), "violence" means violence against persons or property and includes threatening violence and doing anything which endangers the life of any person.

Also, disorder includes:

stirring up hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins, or against an individual as a member of such a group,

using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour,

displaying any writing or other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting.

Most importantly, the terms "violence" and "disorder" are not limited to violence or disorder in connection with football.

The courts are given a wide discretion of what to take into account in making a s. 14B Football Banning Order; this includes decisions of foreign courts, evidence of deportation back to the UK, removal from football matches wherever this occurred and conduct recorded visually - e.g. CCTV.

The court can look at the conduct of the responded for up to ten years before the application for the making of an order.

If one is unable to proceed to a conviction for a (football) relevant offence in all circumstances, it may still be possible to apply for an order under s.14 (B). Prosecutors should discuss this with police officers prior to the hearing.

I think the first paragraph is extremely relevant in Mr. Pardew's case considering his track record for violent incidents inside football stadiums.

So, In summary Chief Inspector, I was wondering if you could answer this simple question,

Why are you not prosecuting Mr. Pardew for his act of violence at the KC Stadium ?

Yours Sincerely,

Keith Barrett

For those interested, Chief Inspector Kirven had replied to my e mail...

Keith,

Thank you for your E mail, I don't know the circumstances of your banning order so I am unable to compare the two incidents to rationalize my decision making in this case.

From what you have outlined there are clear differences within the circumstances of each incident, the first being that Mr Pardew is a member of the playing staff and that you were at the football match as a supporter.

In the case of Mr Pardew there are other options for dealing with his behaviour other than through the criminal courts, this presumably wasn't the case for you, these options include his club and the Football Association.

I know that both have already taken action against Mr Pardew, the club giving Mr Pardew a significant fine and the FA charging him with an offence which I'm sure when sentenced will have significant implications on his ability to manage his team in the near future.

As part of my decision making I have discussed the option of a criminal investigation with both the Football Association and Hull City Football club. Neither supported a criminal investigation and were content for the matter to be dealt with through the FA as they felt that this was both appropriate and proportionate.

Having looked at the full circumstances of this incident, I have to say am s in agreement with the other parties and believe that allowing the FA to sanction Mr Pardew is the proportionate way to deal with this regrettable incident.

regards

Rich Kirven

T/Superintendent Operations

Clough Road Police Station

Kingston upon Hull

Reply yesterday afternoon

I have replied to the Chief Inspector.

Chief Inspector Kirven,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I appreciate that Mr. Pardew makes his living in a different way to me, I can not see what difference that makes.

I am not particularly looking for retribution against Mr.Pardew as an individual, the point I am making is that everyone should be treated and judged by the same criteria. In my case I made slight physical contact in a violent manner and so did Mr. Pardew, why should he be treated differently to me ?

Your own Hull magistrate, I do not have his name to hand, made a big point and specific statement in court that a violent act committed in the KC Stadium would automatically be punished by a three year banning order, as this sort of behaviour would not be tolerated in the City of Hull.

I do not feel my question has been fully answered. In fact I feel your reply has actually raised other questions.

Is an act of violence within a football stadium when committed by a member of club staff different to that committed by a football supporter ?

I have looked, and can not find that outlined in The Criminal Justice Act 1968.

You say there were different punishment options for Mr. Pardew compared to those available in my case, I would say the court could of doubled my fine and not issued the banning order, that would of been one option available, although it would contradict the magistrate who clearly stated that ANY act of violence would be punished by a three year banning order .

So Chief Inspector can we assume that the next football supporter who is involved in a passionate, spur of the moment, violent altercation inside the KC Stadium will NOT be punished by a banning order ?

I would appreciate answers to those questions.

In short Chief Inspector your reply stinks of double standards.

I will leave you for the time being with this quote from Mahatma Gandhi

'There is a higher court than the court of justice, and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts'

Yours Sincerely

Keith Barrett

Another reply this morning

For football fans that are interested following on from the previous...

Chief Inspector Kirven

Having digested your reply and slept on it, I wondered if you might clarify one or two points for the benefit of football supporters in general.

I feel football supporters in this country should know what to expect if by chance, like me, they were to be provoked and goaded into an altercation inside the KC Stadium.

In your first paragraph of your email you state you do not know the circumstances of my case, I'm sure you have records of my case, you could look it up and familiarise yourself which might help you to reach a fairer decision on wether Mr. Pardew should be treated the same as any other human being committing a violent act inside the KC Stadium.

I have already addressed the point you raise in your second paragraph, I do not see the relevance of Mr. Pardew's occupation whilst committing a violent act, perhaps you could enlighten the general public as to which occupations are allowed to be violent inside the KC Stadium ?

In your third paragraph you state 'there are other options to deal with his behaviour' does it not clearly state in The Criminal Justice Act 1968

'If there are reasonable grounds to believe that making such an order would help to prevent violence or disorder at or in connection with any regulated football matches then the court MUST make such an order' ?

In Mr. Pardew's case with his previous record that paragraph of The Criminal Justice Act would be extremely relevant, so I ask why Mr. Pardew is not being prosecuted in the manner of any other human being ?

In your fourth paragraph you talk about punishment by the club and the Football Association, what is the relevance of this ?

I ask again, Why is Mr. Pardew not being prosecuted in the same manner as any one else committing the same offence inside the KC Stadium ?

In your fifth paragraph you state you have discussed the matter with The Football Association and Hull City Football Club and neither support a criminal investigation.

Why would that be Chief Inspector ? Why would someone not be prosecuted for committing a criminal act inside the KC Stadium and yet another person would be ? I can not see the difference, perhaps you could explain it ?

In your last paragraph you say you agree with this decision, why ?

Why would a man in your position, a Chief Inspector, agree to prosecuting one person and letting another person off Scott free for committing the same offence ? I think to most people that would seem unfair, discriminatory even.

I have shared our correspondence on social media Chief Inspector as I feel the general public and certainly football fans in this country should be made fully aware of what treatment they might expect when visiting The KC Stadium depending on what they do for a living.

Just be truthful Chief Inspector, that's all I ask, everyone can see what is going on here.

Yours Sincerely

Keith Barrett