Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Ian just likes to look opinionated by always going against the grain. Just can't help himself.

Guest reefatoon

Ian just likes to look opinionated by always going against the grain. Just can't help himself.

What a load of bollocks.

See

Pardew feels Taylor – who had been fielded as the left centre-half – is more comfortable on the right, the position occupied by Williamson since late September.

“I took Mapou over Steven because I think Steven is a little bit uncomfortable on the left,” he said. “He prefers Willo’s channel.

“So I made the decision after the Spurs game that – Mapou and Colo on the left side, and Willo and Tayls will contest the right side.

Hallelujah! :lol:

Nearly unlocked the thread to post the exact same thing earlier :laugh:

He's catching on, you know?

That has been so obvious.  Taylor looked so uncomfortable on the left-side and MYM looks uncomfortable on the right side.  When MYM played left-back, he did OK but struggles at right back.  The partnership has to be one of Colo/MYM or Willo/Taylor unless injuries dictate otherwise.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/tactics-bored-clever-pardew-witted-hull-142238244.html

HULL CITY 1-4 NEWCASTLE - ALAN PARDEW HEADS FOR VICTORY

It was Steve Bruce who released an autobiography when he was still playing for Manchester United, called ‘Heading For Victory,’ and it seems that the keen psychologer Alan Pardew had done his research on his opposite number, and the opposing team.

Pardew is a student of the game, and is happy to use esoteric approaches to analysis to get an edge on the opposition. He knew that a team like Stoke, for instance, would have to perform their rage throughout the team to intimidate the opposition, as shown above. Pardew thought laterally, befitting his thoughtful demeanor, and so took it upon himself to headbutt a Hull City player, as shown below:

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FIsNHecF7snRKdtZ5JphAg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/blogs/early-doors/headbut.jpg

As a result, City players would have thought at that point, ‘If their manager is willing to assault us, I don’t even want to think what their players are capable of,’ and thus quickly slumped to a comprehensive 4-1 defeat.

:lol:

I think the Mapou & Colo partnership could work in certain situations.

Obviously Everton(with Lukaku) was an example of when it absolutely didn't.

However there have been a few other occasions where I remember it working perfectly. Fulham at home, anzhi away? Even Villa away but for the corner we conceded which may have been unrelated to the fact it was Colo and Mapou.

I feel against small, quick teams or teams we are likely to dominate possession against, particularly at home. Would suit those two perfectly.

The FA have already said they consider it much worse than the Ince debacle so expect a higher punishment than that. A full stadium ban means he's not allowed in or around the stadium for an hour before, up until an hour after the match. This will be the telltale sign of how we can play without his input, and yes he's not allowed any contact with anyone at the game for that duration also. As to whether he'll find a way remains to be seen.

If he did remain away from the game completely though it would be interesting to see how we fare and if there would be a negative or positive effect to our game.

Guest bimpy474

The FA have already said they consider it much worse than the Ince debacle so expect a higher punishment than that. A full stadium ban means he's not allowed in or around the stadium for an hour before, up until an hour after the match. This will be the telltale sign of how we can play without his input, and yes he's not allowed any contact with anyone at the game for that duration also. As to whether he'll find a way remains to be seen.

If he did remain away from the game completely though it would be interesting to see how we fare and if there would be a negative or positive effect to our game.

It wont make that much difference, he'll still set up the team, the tactics and how we approach the games. The half time team talk without him will be a bonus but i cant see it being too much different tbh.

It wont make that much difference, he'll still set up the team, the tactics and how we approach the games. The half time team talk without him will be a bonus but i cant see it being too much different tbh.

We won't have him screaming from the touch line, no more goals, demanding players get back or don't go forward, maybe given the opportunity they may venture forward more without him breathing down their necks? I've got a feeling that although he does still do all the prematch work that come match day, without his input, things could hopefully be a little different, or am I clutching at straws?? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

We won't have him screaming from the touch line, no more goals, demanding players get back or don't go forward, maybe given the opportunity they may venture forward more without him breathing down their necks? I've got a feeling that although he does still do all the prematch work that come match day, without his input, things could hopefully be a little different, or am I clutching at straws?? :lol:

Funny one this because i've seen a lot of players say they dont really hear what a manager shouts. The things he affects can be a positional or formation change during a game.

Actually not having the idiot change the formation 3 times a match might be helpful like :lol:

Pardew feels Taylor – who had been fielded as the left centre-half – is more comfortable on the right, the position occupied by Williamson since late September.

“I took Mapou over Steven because I think Steven is a little bit uncomfortable on the left,” he said. “He prefers Willo’s channel.

“So I made the decision after the Spurs game that – Mapou and Colo on the left side, and Willo and Tayls will contest the right side.

Hallelujah! :lol:

:kasper: does this mean we won't see our 2 best CBs at the same time?

what an idiot.

Yanga and colo should be our CBs. That would probably be my favourite CB partnership ever for NUFC.

That partnership does not work, and is destined to be broken up at the end of the season.

:thup:

Season is over anyways so I'd bench Colo for MBiwa so he gets a run of games alongside Williamson. I really hope we're looking to bring in a new defender in the summer.

Is it? we are 5 points off Everton and 2 points off Man Yoo we could still snag a European spot provided a CL team wins the FA Cup.

Seems unlikely i know, but i wouldn't say its "over".

None the less i agree with the notion of blooding Mapou alongside Williamson and hopefully the idiots do the right thing and sign a dominating centre back.

Isn't Pardew scared of EL?

At first he was afraid, now he's petrified

Thinking how he'd get along without Yohan by his side

:coat: