Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On Rob Lee's article - I agree that it's an unusual and serious incident, because Pardew failed to restrain himself in public, and a head butt is a rather yobbo-ish gesture.

But there are examples of things getting physical in the dressing room. Sir Bob himself was involved in a fist fight with a couple of players in his early days as Ipswich manager.

Excuse the pun , there really shouldn't be a "but" in this post. Behind closed doors is a completely different kettle of fish n'est ce pas?

I thought my post made it clear that there was a difference between the two types of incident.

The second part of my comment is in response to this statement by Rob Lee -

'I’ve seen managers throw things and make some serious threats in a dressing room. They don’t tend to go through with them.

I have been thinking about this. I honestly can’t remember any manager actually grabbing hold of a player.

Managers back in the day, when things were different, could turn the air blue with their language.

They could talk of hitting someone in the middle of a massive argument, but they have all managed to reign themselves back in before things got silly.'

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew could receive a TOTAL ban from football for headbutting David Meyler

The Newcastle boss might not just be banned from the touchline, he could be banned from having any involvement until the end of the season

Alan Pardew faces a total ban from football – but Toon owner Mike Ashley has vowed to stand by him.

The Newcastle boss will be hauled before an FA disciplinary commission this week after being charged with misconduct for headbutting Hull’s David Meyler last weekend.

Ashley has assured Pardew he will continue to back him as manager and is expected to appoint a new managing director to the club’s board, with Pardew’s blessing, to take some of the weight from the manager’s shoulders.

Pardew has accepted an FA misconduct charge but has hired a QC to speak on his behalf at a personal hearing in a bid to limit the punishment handed out.

And Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that one of the sanctions used by the FA in similar cases has been to hand down a suspension that prevents a manager from doing all aspects of his job.

A precedent was set in 2007 when Rushden & Diamonds manager Garry Hill was charged by both the FA and the police after headbutting Salisbury City coach Tommy Widdrington.

Widdrington, a former striker with Southampton, Grimsby, Port Vale and Hartlepool, suffered a broken nose after a touchline bust-up at the end of a Blue Square Premier League game that had also seen two players sent off following a 21-man brawl.

Hill was banned from having any involvement in football for two weeks and was also hit with a 10-match touchline ban and £500 fine.

He was also found guilty of ABH at Salisbury Magistrates Court and had to pay a £1,500 fine and £1,000 in compensation – and Hill did keep his job with Rushden and Diamonds.

But Ashley is said to believe that Pardew has been left too isolated since the resignation of Derek Llambias as Newcastle’s managing director last summer.

It is felt that Pardew has not been helped by being the club’s lone spokesman and that a transfer negotiator is also needed for the summer market, following Joe Kinnear’s brief and bizarre spell as director of football, which only muddied the waters.

Pardew’s legal team will claim that the case of former Kidderminster manager Mark Yates, who head-butted an Exeter City manager immediately after a Conference game against Exeter in 2007, sets a precedent for such cases.

Yates, now Cheltenham Town boss, received only a four-match touchline ban and a £350 fine for his assault on Exeter’s Lee Elam – which, it will be argued, was a far more obvious head-butt than Pardew, who continues to claim he was attempting to push Meyler away with his head.

Pardew was, though, given a two-match touchline ban for pushing linesman Peter Kirkup during a match against Tottenham in 2012 and the FA also reminded him of his responsibilities following a foul-mouthed rant at Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini in January.

But he is unlikely to get any leniency when he appears before the FA despite requesting a personal hearing.

If he is hit by a total ban from football that will mean he can have no involvement in any of his day-to-day duties.

And while Newcastle are sat safely in mid-table and have no cup commitments, having to operate without their manager would cause the club major problems.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-headbutt-newcastle-boss-3221684

Looks like fat Ash is going to appoint new managing director in the summer.

At any decent club, Pardew would have been fired last season following our near-miss with relegation - even fairly moderate clubs would have sacked him after this latest breach of discipline on top of the other recent examples. The fact that Ashley is keeping him shows 1) How pathetically little Ashley knows about football and 2) he doesn't give a toss about the club's reputation or how we are viewed around the world.

The man is beyond belief.

Guest bimpy474

People just want him fired, that's fair enough. But the near-relegation wasn't enough justification in itself.

It was more the bullshit and crap football for me. But mainly the crap football.

People just want him fired, that's fair enough. But the near-relegation wasn't enough justification in itself.

Yes it is.  Then you have the various thumpings off the mackems, the shite home performances (Liverpool?), the shocking football, the lack of any kind of game plan or direction, the regression of talented footballers, the touchline bullshit, the stupid and baffling substitutions, the tactical incompetence, the excuses, the negativity towards the club from him and the fact he's a total cock.  Plus Brett's reaction would be mint.

It was the fact that his problems from the season before were still abundant and he clearly struggled (and still does) to nip them in the bud quickly enough for them to not have been utterly disastrous for me. I can sort of accept boring football if it isn't both boring and counterintuitive.

People have had his cards marked since he started dropping Ben Arfa (played a blinder) in his second season in favour of trying to rigidly defend us out of a rut. He hasn't changed at all since then.

i disagree with this entirely tbh - while there were some mitigating circumstances for our predicament pardew exposed himself far too openly and laid out all of his horrendous failings publicly for all to see

i still stand by it as the worst managerial performance in my 20+ years watching NUFC, he had absolutely nothing in the fight man; no ideas, no tactical changes, no positional changes, no way to get the players to fight for the club, nothing whatsoever except complaining about europe and wanting more players in janaury

he was exposed for what he is, an absolute fucking fraud, and should have been sacked countless times that season

Should Everton have sacked Moyes when they nearly went down?

How much money had Moyes been able to spend when Everton were in trouble..?

Remind me again, HOW much did NUFC have to spend to bail out Pardew in January last year and even after that, we just missed going down by ONE point..??

What sort of record for being sacked did Moyes have compared to Pardew before they joined their respective clubs..?

Has Moyes been involved in as many controversial incidents as Pardew..??

You are just a Pardew apologist .