Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really think we will go down next season with him in charge unless he's carried over the line by new signings. He'll not get this team playing well enough for 40pts IMO, not without Cabaye & Remy.

I was saying this same thing to my neighbour  yesterday and he agreed and started getting really angry ,jacked his season ticket after the last renewal and said would never go back till Ashley is gone ,team rebuild in summer ffs half will jump ship and rest not good enough .Imho relegation a definite sadly :'(

I look at this 'team' and it's not been built to stay together. It's a shop window to advertise goods, they leave and the next goods go on display. That's all we are these days. We have attracted those kind of players as well just like the last regime attracted players looking for their last payday living off former glories.

I kind of agree with that but where this "plan" falls down is that the players are supposed to improve and thereby increase in value.  With the exception of Cabaye that is not happening and at best there will only be a modest profit.  Ben Arfa was supposed to be the "crown jewels" but they will be lucky to get their money back on him now.  And with Pardew making it clear we want rid, any buying club knows they can drive the price down.

Guest firetotheworks

Next time there's a phone in, one of us should phone in instead of complaining. I'll do it if I'm about like.

A complete list of Pardew's failures for reference would be good.

Anyone that counters with "there were no complaints about him when he got us to 5th" can simply reply with

"So if he got the plaudits then, why isn't he getting the criticism now? You can't applaud only the manager and criticise only the players."

Really think we will go down next season with him in charge unless he's carried over the line by new signings. He'll not get this team playing well enough for 40pts IMO, not without Cabaye & Remy.

I was saying this same thing to my neighbour  yesterday and he agreed and started getting really angry ,jacked his season ticket after the last renewal and said would never go back till Ashley is gone ,team rebuild in summer ffs half will jump ship and rest not good enough .Imho relegation a definite sadly :'(

I look at this 'team' and it's not been built to stay together. It's a shop window to advertise goods, they leave and the next goods go on display. That's all we are these days. We have attracted those kind of players as well just like the last regime attracted players looking for their last payday living off former glories.

I kind of agree with that but where this "plan" falls down is that the players are supposed to improve and thereby increase in value.  With the exception of Cabaye that is not happening and at best there will only be a modest profit.  Ben Arfa was supposed to be the "crown jewels" but they will be lucky to get their money back on him now.  And with Pardew making it clear we want rid, any buying club knows they can drive the price down.

However our only hope may well be that Ashley takes his head out of his arse and realises that these players that he's invested in for whatever reason are regressing under Pardew's tutelage and the profit he expected to make on transfers of these players won't be happening.

From the BBC live feed:

Tom in Kent: I once met Alan Pardew in a car park near Highbury, a man asked for an autograph and he obliged - only after being given a £50 note for it though! Saving up for players maybe?

Forgive me for being ott, but a lot of problems would be solved if he just f***ing died. People die every day, it may as well be him. I think that's probably the only way we'd get rid of him as well.

At least then players will be free to bring their WAG's to the clubs Xmas party without them being tapped up.

You should think before you post.

Forgive me for being ott, but a lot of problems would be solved if he just f***ing died. People die every day, it may as well be him. I think that's probably the only way we'd get rid of him as well.

:lol:

remember last year when he broke the record books with that losing run, can anyone remember just how bad it was and how far away he is from it again this season?

was just looking at last seasons shit run and i think if you take away the european games we can't be far off being just as bad this season - was looking at .com though and it was murder

EDIT: looks like from the west ham game up to reading it was P13 W2 D1 L10

CURRENT P14 W4 D1 L9

remember last year when he broke the record books with that losing run, can anyone remember just how bad it was and how far away he is from it again this season?

was just looking at last seasons s*** run and i think if you take away the european games we can't be far off being just as bad this season - was looking at .com though and it was murder

CURRENT P14 W4 D1 L9

Only scored in 5 of those games as well  :anguish:

was just looking at last seasons s*** run and i think if you take away the european games we can't be far off being just as bad this season - was looking at .com though and it was murder

CURRENT P14 W4 D1 L9

Only scored in 5 of those games as well  :anguish:

no doubt in my mind % wise he's going break the record again this season like

Good to hear that he might be starting to crumble. We've seen this before but the next two fixtures look like bankers for the opposition whereas amongst the batterings at the end of last season, there were a couple of away draws that he spun as being fantastic results. If Man United give us another kicking... Probably wishful thinking but it's all I've got to keep me going.

The club had every right and every opportunity to sack him for the headbutt but they, and very unlike them, back him that night no matter what the outcome from the FA.

The only way he's leaving is:

1: Ashley dies or sells up.

2: Pardew dies.

Not even a relegation would see him gone, no chance and if we went down Ashley would try and sell us again.

That's it folks, two ways out, both unlikely.

It's true, like. Unless we're rock bottom of the table at some point, health reasons are the only thing that would force Pardew from the job. Even with the threat of relegation, he's more likely to be given cash to spend than to be replaced himself. Even though sacking him would be significantly more cost-effective for Ashley, than buying another squad a la January '13.

Maybe Remy and Debuchy will help get a result from somewhere but I could see us losing every game from now on even the supposed home bankers against Swansea (starting to play well again) and Cardiff (have some attitude and may already be down so could play with some freedom especially knowing they have already beaten us at home this season).

I think we will finish 10th at best but there is a good chance, we could drop below that.

Often the teams that have a really poor second half of the season continue that form into the next season as well.

I am just hoping that Pardew is reading too much into Ashley's reappearances at the matches and he is lulling him into a false sense of security and come the day after the Liverpool match, he will get his marching orders.

Often the teams that have a really poor second half of the season continue that form into the next season as well.

This is my worry, you're absolutely right.  Especially since we desperately need to add goals to the side just to stand still, and goalscorers cost money we don't like spending.

Safe to say with this shitbag at the helm, next season is going to depend solely on whichever new players (if any) we sign in the summer. Massive ask since they'll more than likely be untried in English football.

Safe to say with this shitbag at the helm, next season is going to depend solely on whichever new players (if any) we sign in the summer. Massive ask since they'll more than likely be untried in English football.

Take at least 25% off any expectations based on previous performances once he's had his grubby mitts on them as well.