Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfortunately, Remy might play and we might score/win.

I can't believe I'm at the stage of actively wanting us to lose in the hope that the pressure might become unbearable-and I've been that way since the mackem game (and not even sure if I mean this season or last season!). Sadly, you just know that one win will have some of the c***s who follow us asking for  wave and telling people who still want him out to f**k off and leave the team to the 'proper' supporters.  :idiot2:

I think a player revolt is more likely than a fan revolt. There's too many apathetic SJP fans that just shrug their shoulders and continue their Saturday p*ss up. If Coloccini did have a go at him, I think that it wont be long until the others follow (except Shola, Elliot & Taylor).

Unfortunately, Remy might play and we might score/win.

Seems to be some sort of split in the dressing room if certain players are happy where we are, how we play and against Ben Arfa playing etc whilst  Colo Ben Arfa and whoever else on the other side of the coin having a pop at Pardew for how we set up, style of play and suchlike.

Maybe this is what will force him out though more likely the players that Pardew has lost will be out the door before he is.

If any players in Europe have been paying any attention, they'll have seen the destruction of certain international careers recently. Players like Krul, Anita, MYM, Santon, Ben Arfa were either close to, or in the international set-up, at some point in or just before their Newcastle career. Now they're all completely out in the cold right before a World Cup.

That's going to make finding good talent in places like France much more difficult. Moving to the Premier League's meant to solidify your international career, not ruin it.

Really good point, Wullie.

I think quite a few of our potential targets share the same agent.  Either Grenier or Cabella have the same agent as Remy so agents will actually know what is going on behind the scenes rather than what the club tells them.  If a player has a number of options, I would expect the agent to recommend those ahead of us.

Cabaye did improve but he did say one of the reasons he signed for us was because he was told that the club were aiming for the Champions League and we all now know that is no longer their intent.

Wonder what goes through the minds of some of our players when they see and hear the Pardew Out messages.

Players like Elliot will just think 'ungrateful c***s' whilst players with any shred of talent will think 'I'm with you, lads'.

Actually, 'shred' is quite apposite given that that's what Pardew does to their talent.

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder when the "You were playing in the championship only 4 years ago" rears its ugly head. Need a quick put down ready so that I don't have to explain in great detail just how wrong it is to set your expectations by the fear or failure rather than the love for success.

Did Cabaye improve? He was absolute quality when we bought him and the same when he left (with a big slump in the middle).

Was he better this season than when we came 5th? Not convinced.

Guest firetotheworks

Did Cabaye improve? He was absolute quality when we bought him and the same when he left (with a big slump in the middle).

I think this season was his peak tbh. During the 5th season he was class, but I think this season he was outstanding.

I think this season was his peak tbh. During the 5th season he was class, but I think this season he was outstanding.

Back half of 5th placed season and this season were his best.

I absolutely agree with this. Cabaye looked bemused for most of  last season, and even this season, it's his fantastic end product which got him so many accolades. I don't really see what that had to do with him improving, if anything under a better coaching set up I think he could look far more impressive.

Guest firetotheworks

I seem to recall Cabaye being imperious at Villa Park early on.

He was amazing that day, but Given was as well unfortunately.

I think the move towards passing football, however half baked, also helped immensely. It took 3 years for this simple realisation to dawn on Pardew's thick head, but obviously a player like Cabaye will look a lot better for it.

Back half of 5th placed season and this season were his best.

Agree. I also didn't say he improved in terms of ability, I said his reputation improved in his time with us, which I think is true.

I'm firmly of the opinion that shit-for-brains held back Cabaye's footballing development and we only saw the real Cabaye in the brief periods of better football Pardew happened upon. In the defensive, functional Pardew utopia cabs still looked a cut above because he is.