Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sure the point's been made on here before but Martinez has inherited an absolutely fantastic spine and foundation that was laid by Moyes, particularly defensively.

This has become very overplayed like.

Look at Everton's team this season. No one outside the back 5 was a regular(for a few years) under Moyes, no one.

The back 5 - yeah sure they are a good unit. 2 decent CB's and GK with Jags, Distan and Howard and two quality attacking full backs.

So a decent foundation there for sure. Not a "fantastic spine" though.

Without some very, very shrewd loan-signings and promotion of Barkley by Martinez ,Moyes' squad was looking pretty fucking shit after the sale of Fellaini.

I'm sure the point's been made on here before but Martinez has inherited an absolutely fantastic spine and foundation that was laid by Moyes, particularly defensively.

This has become very overplayed like.

Look at Everton's team this season. No one outside the back 5 was a regular(for a few years) under Moyes, no one.

The back 5 - yeah sure they are a good unit. 2 decent CB's and GK with Jags, Distan and Howard and two quality attacking full backs.

So a decent foundation there for sure. Not a "fantastic spine" though.

Without some very, very shrewd loan-signings and promotion of Barkley by Martinez ,Moyes' squad was looking pretty f***ing s*** after the sale of Fellaini.

Fair enough, 'spine' is probably the wrong term for it. I'd say the defensive foundations he laid and the legacy he left, particularly in terms of attitude, were fantastic and about as good as Martinez could have inherited.

I think that players in that back 5 will orchestrate a lot of the on-field defensive stuff. They've got some proper leaders back there as well as defenders.

That's it.  I'm going to self immolate outside The Strawberry if this c***'s still here in June.

Does this not count as one of those drink-my-own-p*ss promises?

Just asking.

I've got that pencilled in as my avoiding-death-by-fire celebration. 

Would snap my own hands off for Moyes, to be honest. He's a better manager than Martinez, in my book, who's still got a lot to prove.

I remember hearing those arguments against Brendan Rodgers a couple of seasons back. That Liverpool thread would be worth a re-visit from the first post to the last.

I f***ing hate Pardew, like. I don't think I wish him any harm, think there's been a few harsh posts along those lines over the past few days. But I know one thing for sure.

We're s***, it's his fault.

I don't either but I would probably accept it if that's what it takes to rid us of him.

I would take Sherwood just out of a need for change. I'd take Moyes because he's proven to be a very good manager.

I wouldn't accept either because they are failures in English football. If they haven't succeeded here what does that tell you about their standing beyond some second rate club in London and a flop in Manchester?

I would take Sherwood just out of a need for change. I'd take Moyes because he's proven to be a very good manager.

I wouldn't accept either because they are failures in English football. If they haven't succeeded here what does that tell you about their standing beyond some second rate club in London and a flop in Manchester?

wot?