Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Says Aarons will be "on, in, and around the squad" this season.

What a weird turn of phrase.

Genuinely would love to give him a grammar test.

I've got intermediate level students from Brazil and Venezuela that I think would give him a run for his grammatical money.

Says Aarons will be "on, in, and around the squad" this season.

What a weird turn of phrase.

Genuinely would love to give him a grammar test.

I've got intermediate level students from Brazil and Venezuela that I think would give him a run for his grammatical money.

Think there's quite a few people out there grateful that grammar's not a big factor in a career in football.

@NUFC

REACTION: Alan Pardew tells nufcTV: "We've encouraged the players to be braver with the passing. In two thirds of the pitch we were great."

I didn't think we were "great" in any area of the pitch.

f*** all in his nufcTV interview, but I transcribed some of it anyway.

- On the performance:

"Can't fault the players for their application today, we have come here and dominated the game - and they are off the back of a win away from home, so that's all positive"

- On the defence:

"Back four were really good, squeezed the pitch great, we had two or three offsides where they might have had chances last year, but we have drilled that back four and they were good today. It's a shame Willo got sent off, because he was a top performer."

- On Tuesdays game

"It will be [a tricky test in the cup], and I know that stadium well as an ex-Charlton and Palace player, ex-manager at Chalrton, it's a difficult place and the atmosphere will be red hot, they are a physical team but we are going to need a win. I will be taking the same squad as here, so a strong squad going there and hopefully we will get a win"

Guest firetotheworks

What was the consensus on why he perseveres with such bullshit? My theory is that he's always worried about the counter attack and in his mind a floated ball to the back post is less likely to end up rebounding  to the opposition high up the pitch than a fast, whipped in ball. As if he believes in defence being the best form of attack, rather than the more popular and more correct, opposite version.

What was the consensus on why he perseveres with such bullshit? My theory is that he's always worried about the counter attack and in his mind a floated ball to the back post is less likely to end up rebounding  to the opposition high up the pitch than a fast, whipped in ball. As if he believes in defence being the best form of attack, rather than the more popular and more correct, opposite version.

I think he just wants us to aim for our tallest player, as simple as that

He's useless and hasn't got a clue how to attack or break against other teams so he can't get something through to the players that he doesn't understand himself.  It's a bit like me trying to tell my wife how to use the oven, the dish washer, the washing machine, the kettle.  I don't know how to use them so I couldn't tell her how to use them either.  I just tell her to wash the dishes and make meals etc. without going in to detail, he will do the same.

@NUFC

REACTION: Alan Pardew tells nufcTV: "We've encouraged the players to be braver with the passing. In two thirds of the pitch we were great."

It doesn't fucking matter how good you are in two thirds of the pitch you fucking idiot

He's useless and hasn't got a clue how to attack or break against other teams so he can't get something through to the players that he doesn't understand himself.  It's a bit like me trying to tell my wife how to use the oven, the dish washer, the washing machine, the kettle.  I don't know how to use them so I couldn't tell her how to use them either.  I just tell her to wash the dishes and make meals etc. without going in to detail, he will do the same.

:lol: