Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But can Man Utd afford a transition/bedding in season for Moyes (if it means missing on CL footy) ?

Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Fabio are all out of contract this summer

Rooney, Anderson  :lol: , Carrick , Fletcher, Valencia and Cleverly will all have only one year left in their contract come this summer.

RVP may not like being without CL.

I know some of those listed players are past it and shite, but they make up a large number of this squad. They're risking losing them for free/under their market price, and it'll be harder to re-invest to replace them. It's a big risk if they miss out in CL. That'd mean basically replacing the 2/3rd of their squad within 2 seasons, and it'll take a lot of money to do it. Not to mention there are a lot of leaders/veterans in that list...we could be seeing a very new Man Utd side in a couple of years. Now, that'd be a real transition.

But can Man Utd afford a transition/bedding in season for Moyes (if it means missing on CL footy) ?

Rooney, Anderson  :lol: , Carrick , Fletcher, Valencia and Cleverly will all have only one year left in their contract come this summer.

I know some of those listed players are past it and shite, but they make up a large number of this squad. They're risking losing them for free/under their market price, and it'll be harder to re-invest to replace them. It's a big risk if they miss out in CL. That'd mean basically replacing the 2/3rd of their squad within 2 seasons, and it'll take a lot of money to do it. Not to mention there are a lot of leaders/veterans in that list...we could be seeing a very new Man Utd side in a couple of years. Now, that'd be a real transition.

They need 5 world class/international type players within the next year or so...:lol:

I know some of those listed players are past it and s****, but they make up a large number of this squad. They're risking losing them for free/under their market price, and it'll be harder to re-invest to replace them. It's a big risk if they miss out in CL. That'd mean basically replacing the 2/3rd of their squad within 2 seasons, and it'll take a lot of money to do it. Not to mention there are a lot of leaders/veterans in that list...we could be seeing a very new Man Utd side in a couple of years. Now, that'd be a real transition.

They need 5 world class/international type players within the next year or so...:lol:

At the exact time when they won't be interested in coming. Had to be done last season, prior to this meltdown.

The only chance they have attracting the players they will need is with a top manager, with an unquestionable record of success, who is charismatic, and who they deem to be able to turn things around.

Man U with no champions league and a dejected depressed Moyes in charge? Not attractive at all.

Any competition from other teams in the Champions League, and they won't stand a chance.

This tirade against refs is classless from Moyes and reeks of desperation. He's cooked.

Its great. Two decades of getting their own way, they really don't like it up em

SSN did a bit earlier where they showed Evans and Cleverleys fouls from last night, and Moyes reaction. He's lost the plot like! :lol:

This tirade against refs is classless from Moyes and reeks of desperation. He's cooked.

Its great. Two decades of getting their own way, they really don't like it up em

78 matches since they last conceded a penalty in the league. Refs are totally against them though, definitely.

I don't really ever watch Man Utd unless we are playing against them but is Fabio any good? Someone mentioned above that his contract ends this summer. I think I've never seen him play and I haven't heard about any clubs sniffing around as his contract is running up.

A lot of the players should take a long, hard look at themselves anyway. Fletcher has been busting his balls since he came back while a lot of the other senior players have been utter shite and have no fight at all. The only players I actually can't criticise in terms of effort are De Gea, Vidic, Januzaj and Rooney.

SAF let Pogba go for free...Probably one of the finest midfield prospects in euro football. Paid 25m for RVP who was nearly 30.

Problems have been building up for a while...Then drop Gollum into the minefield. :lol:

SAF let Pogba go for free...Probably one of the finest midfield prospects in euro football. Paid 25m for RVP who was nearly 30.

Problems have been building up for a while...Then drop Gollum into the minefield. :lol:

Van Persie has been injured the majority of every season bar the last one, it was almost a miracle.

All that hard running for Moyes has done him in once again though.

What a beautiful mess.

Fergie did not want to let Pogba go. That's pretty clear. When Pogba was at us though he was not as good as Scholes. It's as simple as that. It's annoying how good he has become but the original case remains.

Had Pogba waited, he'd have been starting every game now. I don't blame him for not wanting to wait though. Fair play to him for becoming as good as he has.

Fergie spent 24m on RVP sure, but that's what won the league last year. Justified.

Van Persie has been injured the majority of every season bar the last one, it was almost a miracle.

All that hard running for Moyes has done him in once again though.

What a beautiful mess.

Not true. Van Persie does have a history of injuries, but his record isn't anywhere near as bad as people seem to think. I think during his career he's averaged 35 games a season.

Oh btw, to make it clear, Moyes was certainly not this classless for us. He had the odd whinge - as does every single manager - but the vast majority of the time conducted himself very well indeed. I actually thought the way he handled the media was one of his biggest strengths.

The consistent finger-pointing at referees reeks of desperation.

Oh btw, to make it clear, Moyes was certainly not this classless for us. He had the odd whinge - as does every single manager - but the vast majority of the time conducted himself very well indeed. I actually thought the way he handled the media was one of his biggest strengths.

The consistent finger-pointing at referees reeks of desperation.

In his early years at Everton he was known as the 'ginger whinged'. He got better as the years went by and his teams became better and the pressure wasn't on him as much.

Now the pressure is on he's reverting to his old tricks, I also think it's an attempt by him to pressure the referee's into staying on Man Utd's side instead of being more willing to give decision against them unlike when SAF was in charge.