Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't remember Moyes being called negative or shit on here after the times he took his Everton side to SJP and deservedly won. Or when he took Keegan's side to the cleaners with Anichebe and Yakubu up front.

Ferguson was an absolute miracle worker, I said it umpteen times during his reign.

Anything but admit they should've gone with Mourinho huh?

Don't remember Moyes being called negative or shit on here after the times he took his Everton side to SJP and deservedly won. Or when he took Keegan's side to the cleaners with Anichebe and Yakubu up front.

Ferguson was an absolute miracle worker, I said it umpteen times during his reign.

Wasn't that "Keegan side" badly depleted that day?

Checked to satisfy my curiosity: Harper; Beye, Taylor, Faye, Enrique; Smith, Butt, N'Zogbia; Owen, Duff, Carroll.

Forster, Cacapa, Ramage, Tozer and Lua Lua on the bench.

I make that just the 5 first team players missing from his favoured selection during that run, but carry on.

I just think it's bloody rich that posters are lining up to crucify him as a manager despite the fact that he'd be absolutely worshipped on here if he'd been our manager for 11 years instead of Everton's. Posters who think Chris Hughton's a top manager.

He's having a poor season with a squad who've been on the way down for a while.

Man U? They should've appointed Ancelotti or Guardiola.

Mourinho would never have worked at Man U. Chelsea are an excuse for a football club who've been blessed with infinite money and great players. They're a perfect fit for Mourinho.

Moyes is struggling to beat the likes of Fulham with Mata, Rooney and Van Persie in his team, and we keep being told it's because the squad is on it's way down, and Ferguson was a miracle worker. No way!

It's not so much "miracle worker", but the influence Ferguson had over that club was unparalleled, it's impossible to measure in psychological terms the drop off that will have occurred with his departure. Moyes may have been the wrong man simply because he wasn't a big enough name, it's surely the hardest act to follow in football?

I've seen them a fair bit this season and the only time they've hit the heights was Fulham (a), really.

Wow ... okay. It's practically March, and despite all the expectations being dumbed down, and all the support for Moyes, the team still doesn't look right, never mind winning games. Yet it's still the Ferguson effect. Okay.

Don't remember Moyes being called negative or s*** on here after the times he took his Everton side to SJP and deservedly won. Or when he took Keegan's side to the cleaners with Anichebe and Yakubu up front.

Ronaldo still trying to defend his view that Moyes' appointment was correct. Next you will say that Fergie is god himself. Give it up man, it was a horrible appointment and he is the wrong man for this job. The evidence are staring in your face.

He's obviously having a torrid time of things and seeing a vile club fail is always hilarious, but the Moyes criticism is starting to veer towards the extreme. Needs to be given a couple of seasons at least to start his own DYNASTY.

They were wonderfully awful tonight though. Long may it continue.

It's pretty simple

Moyes at Everton = Meh

Moyes at Man Utd = Twat

Moyes at [insert club here] = Meh

Fuck off like. :lol: You're a clown when it comes to Moyes.

:lol: what did he achieve at Everton then? Nowt. Never won a derby in 11 years iirc. Spent some decent wedge too over the years which people like to forget. Net result, reasonable I guess. Fair to middling . Didn't rip up any trees

That's what you're getting now, no trees being uprooted.

Man U? They should've appointed Ancelotti or Guardiola.

Mourinho would never have worked at Man U. Chelsea are an excuse for a football club who've been blessed with infinite money and great players. They're a perfect fit for Mourinho.

they should have thrown the world at Klopp imho, once it became clear Guardiola was off to Bayern

I've some sympathy for Moyes tbh, players blatently don't give a s***.

How come that never happened under Ferguson?

I'm not saying Moyes is blameless but it's hard to win over another managers players etc. Moyes is no Ferguson but he is better than this. They really needed to let him rebuild the whole squad in the summer, and Moyes surely should have demanded it more.

He inherited the League Champions. They were the best squad in the country in May.

He may have need to tweak things here and there but he's got a fucking great set of players there but he just can't get them playing for shit tbh.

the man utd squad never looked as good as their immediate rivals (on paper at least) in Chelsea and Man City their central midfield is basically a steaming pile of crap. Carricks the best of the lot and he wouldn't get near Citys or Chelsea's first teams. And lets not get into the rest of the midfield. Defense was good (well except rb) but age and apathy has caught up with them, Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand are all on the downhill slope plus they've won everything already where's the hunger and motivation to succeed now? Fergie could instill it but he was one of a kind. Throw in the planned replacements in Smalling and Jones being nowhere near the standards required to compete at the highest level (god only knows what position is actually Phil Jones's one because he doesn't look like a cb or cm to me). Rooney and RVP really don't look like they ever want to play with each other. Almost seem to avoid passing to each other at times.

Long story short the league title last season was down to the unique brilliance of Fergie, the ridiculous failings of rivals (City and Chelsea decided to implode instead of compete) and massively papered over the cracks.

It's pretty simple

Moyes at Everton = Meh

Moyes at Man Utd = Twat

Moyes at [insert club here] = Meh

Fuck off like. :lol: You're a clown when it comes to Moyes.

:lol: what did he achieve at Everton then? Nowt. Never won a derby in 11 years iirc. Spent some decent wedge too over the years which people like to forget. Net result, reasonable I guess. Fair to middling . Didn't rip up any trees

That's what you're getting now, no trees being uprooted.

Took a side from relegation trouble to mid table solidarity to European challengers, even achieving European qualification.

To be fair, I thought you were Kaka when I quote the post. I didn't mean to call you a clown. Kaka is a clown when it comes to Moyes. :lol:

Eh?  :lol:

Moyes is an okay manager, but very limited.

He will never do well with your Mata's, Van Persies and Rooneys all in one team.

Deep down he fantasizes about Rooney and Fellaini up top with Welbeck coming in from the left, as an additional wide target man.

He must give in to this, and endure the initial wrath from the fans, in order to ultimately succeed.

:razz:

The full Van Persie quote:

"My teammates are in some of the areas where I want to play. This makes it difficult for me," he was quoted as saying by ITV Sport.

v"Then I have to change my tactics to suit my teammates, and play outside my zone. That's a pity. I won't point fingers, because I'm not like that."

They were so brilliantly bad tonight.

Long may it continue.

The Man Utd fan on my team at work is having a right old moan about things. I understand that things are all relative, but seeing them complain about 6th place and a Champions League last 16 defeat (they may well even get through the tie yet) as though it's the end of the world is hilarious. Hopefully their demise properly kicks up a notch so they really do have something to complain about.