Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

14 hours ago, gbandit said:

No idea about that one, the only bears I have time for are Superted, Rupert and Pooh gets a look in as well

Rupert can fuck right off

If there was ever an animated character that voted Tory it's that smug, checked trouser wearing fucker

3 minutes ago, Elbel1 said:

Rupert can fuck right off

If there was ever an animated character that voted Tory it's that smug, checked trouser wearing fucker

Howay man, put some respect on his name. He was a top class bear. Just read about the creators and they were a couple who didn’t have kids and travelled all the time from place to place. Doesn’t scream Tory to me

2 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Sub-editor of the Daily express Herbert Toutel does. Probably a nonce, that's why they didn't have kids. 

Heartbreaking stuff, no one’s ruining Rupert the Bear for me 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

And Newcastle? 

Winning when nowhere near our best. Usually a very good sign. Just beat a very good Spurs team who'll be top 6 again this season. Happy with our start. 5th with 7 points from 9. I'll take that.

12 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Winning when nowhere near our best. Usually a very good sign.

Given we've won two trophies in two years when nowhere near our best, I'll be expecting the treble soon.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Was it easy for them? They didn't have a shot until Casemiro gifted them a goal. Maybe a bit easier for them once we're chasing the game.

Didn't TAA have a goal disallowed for a marginal offside prior to the first goal? 

4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Didn't TAA have a goal disallowed for a marginal offside prior to the first goal? 

... yes? We'd have won the league if it wasn't for marginal offsides last year. Offside is offside.

Don't get Ten Hag started about Garnacho vs. Arsenal again.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

... yes? We'd have won the league if it wasn't for marginal offsides last year. Offside is offside.

Don't get Ten Hag started about Garnacho vs. Arsenal again.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to discount that incident from your thinking. They were literally an inch away from scoring on what must have been their first attack, offside or not offside. It paints a different picture of the game prior to the goal than the one you're giving. 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Howe's spending has matched Ten Hag's up until the previous window, and given your bids on Olise, Guehi etc., you would have spent more had you not been turned down/priced out.

So if you take away the window where ETH has spent the most he's spent the same.

If we take away the window in which  Howe has spent the most ETH has spent £180m more.

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Arsenal picked the correct manager and gave him time and $.

Man Utd picked the wrong one.

There were plenty of people on here and elsewhere laughing at Arteta in his earlier seasons. He was given no credit for the FA Cup win as he took over halfway through the season, and he finished 8th and 5th in his first two years. Now because they're competitve in his 4th and 5th season, people changed their tune. 

Ten Hag's first season we finished 3rd and won the league cup. Arteta took over halfway through the season and finished 8th and won the FA Cup. In Ten Hag's first season he won more, lost less, scored more and conceded less than Arteta. 14 points better off.

In Ten Hag's second season, we finished 8th and won the FA Cup. Arteta finished 5th and won nothing. Arsenal won 4 more games, and lost 1 less. We scored more goals, but conceded a lot more, due to the fact we had the most defensive injuries of any side ever in the league. Felt like Arsenal had everyone fit bar Jesus nearly the whole season.

Ten Hag has his team now. Dalot is a good enough full back where no Shaw is no excuse. He has the international break to get Ugarte up to speed, and him instead of Casemiro in the midfield will make a lot of difference.

Mark my words, we're winning our next 5 games. We'll beat Spurs without conceding 20 shots and 66% possession at home as well.

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Mark my words, we're winning our next 5 games. We'll beat Spurs without conceding 20 shots and 66% possession at home as well.

Quoted. Just in case :lol:

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

20 shots with a xGA of basically 0. The shot volume was by design, I'll take that any day. Possession was a problem but not unexpected when you look at our back four + Pope.

In any case, I am actually surprised that you are betting everything on ETH. There is nothing that I've seen to date that would suggest he will come good. But you are closer to it and you watch them closely and at the end it's your team, IDGAF. 

I doubt you win 5 on the bounce. You may beat Spurs because that defense is just shite. 

10 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

20 shots with a xGA of basically 0. The shot volume was by design, I'll take that any day. Possession was a problem but not unexpected when you look at our back four + Pope.

In any case, I am actually surprised that you are betting everything on ETH. There is nothing that I've seen to date that would suggest he will come good. But you are closer to it and you watch them closely and at the end it's your team, IDGAF. 

I doubt you win 5 on the bounce. You may beat Spurs because that defense is just shite. 

Southampton, Barsnley, Palace, Twente and Spurs.

Then the glory days are back baby. Erik ten Trophies incoming.

42 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There were plenty of people on here and elsewhere laughing at Arteta in his earlier seasons. He was given no credit for the FA Cup win as he took over halfway through the season, and he finished 8th and 5th in his first two years. Now because they're competitve in his 4th and 5th season, people changed their tune. 

Ten Hag's first season we finished 3rd and won the league cup. Arteta took over halfway through the season and finished 8th and won the FA Cup. In Ten Hag's first season he won more, lost less, scored more and conceded less than Arteta. 14 points better off.

In Ten Hag's second season, we finished 8th and won the FA Cup. Arteta finished 5th and won nothing. Arsenal won 4 more games, and lost 1 less. We scored more goals, but conceded a lot more, due to the fact we had the most defensive injuries of any side ever in the league. Felt like Arsenal had everyone fit bar Jesus nearly the whole season.

Ten Hag has his team now. Dalot is a good enough full back where no Shaw is no excuse. He has the international break to get Ugarte up to speed, and him instead of Casemiro in the midfield will make a lot of difference.

Do you think Arteta and Ten Hag picked up teams who were comparable at that point? Genuine question.  It is quite magnificent for ETH to win two major cup trophies in his first two seasons, all things taken into account, but he has also guided you to your lowest ever PL finish. Finishing position this season will be critical to his potential of having a 4th  yet alone 5th season. 

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Southampton, Barsnley, Palace, Twente and Spurs.

Then the glory days are back baby. Erik ten Trophies incoming.

Love your confidence. I'll be way more interested in checking how man u are doing now you've made this bet! Good luck to you.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

All very true to be fair.  I think the thing with Arteta is he's instantly dislikeable, he's made to the top of the managerial hated list with his antics on the line, and just his general and immense ability to be a raving cock. 

Ten Hag is actually OK, it's just the club he manages is an immense raving cock.  No idea where this fits in the conversation, but feck it.

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Do you think Arteta and Ten Hag picked up teams who were comparable at that point? Genuine question.  It is quite magnificent for ETH to win two major cup trophies in his first two seasons, all things taken into account, but he has also guided you to your lowest ever PL finish. Finishing position this season will be critical to his potential of having a 4th  yet alone 5th season. 

You don't? Arsenal finished 5th the year before Arteta took over with 70 points. We finished 6th the year before ETH took over with 58 points. 

Also, if Ten Hag doesn't get top four this season he's gone. I think he and everyone else at the club knows this.

5 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Love your confidence. I'll be way more interested in checking how man u are doing now you've made this bet! Good luck to you.

Just trying to keep things fresh. ;)

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Ten Hag is actually OK, it's just the club he manages is an immense raving cock.  No idea where this fits in the conversation, but feck it.

:lol: Tell us how you really feel Bimps.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You don't? Arsenal finished 5th the year before Arteta took over with 70 points. We finished 6th the year before ETH took over with 58 points. 

Also, if Ten Hag doesn't get top four this season he's gone. I think he and everyone else at the club knows this.

Just trying to keep things fresh. ;)

:lol: Tell us how you really feel Bimps.

Always mate, it's why I like you, you do the same, with a hint more sarcasm than I :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Arsenal finished 5th the year before Arteta took over with 70 points. We finished 6th the year before ETH took over with 58 points. 

Also, if Ten Hag doesn't get top four this season he's gone. I think he and everyone else at the club knows this

Fair enough, Arsenal finished 5th (Emery), 6th and 5th (Wenger’s last two seasons) in the three years before Arteta’s first season. 
Manchester United finished 6th (Rangnick), 2nd and 3rd (Solskjaer). Not as different as I imagined. 
Ten Hag’s 3rd and 8th looks worse than Mourinho’s 2nd and 6th and possibly comparable to van Gaal’s 5th and 4th before him. 
It’s funny but I still think of Manchester United as a top three side but checking the facts it feels a long time since Ferguson’s side finished no lower than 3rd in the 21 seasons since he first won the PL. No wonder you have a lot of disgruntled fans given how many probably started supporting a club who won the league 13 times in that period. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

3 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Sub-editor of the Daily express Herbert Toutel does. Probably a nonce, that's why they didn't have kids. 

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

I feel the best cartoon bear isn't even being discussed in amongst all this other nonsense.