Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

van Persie is overrated, he is a top player but Rooney has been and still is a better player.

That said, Rooney is nowhere near as good as he once was and has diminished quite badly as a player these days.

The Rooney that scored that wonder goal against Arsenal, the Rooney who played us at SJP in the league cup, the Rooney of Euro 2004 was something else. Moving to Man Utd has won him lots of medals and made him filthy rich, but as a player he has regressed quite badly bar one stellar season.

I can see him doing quite well in a deeper role though, his vision, range of passing and ability to get involved in a game is still of a high standard when he is in form.

Guest Howaythetoon

I f***ing love van Gaal, his Ajax side man. He is tactically the best in the league. I still think he will flop though for some reason.

Polar opposite for me. Not a big fan, but think he'll do well.

He's arrogant and such, but he plays the game the right way. He's Dutch man, what is there not to like.

I think the best thing for Rooney as he gets older is to play as an out and out target man type striker. I know he's not tall but I don't see any reason he couldn't score lots of goals and bring the right players into the game in the final third like Shearer did post-injury. He's such a brilliant attacker and striker of the ball but too often he's on the edge of the box waiting for the second ball.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the best thing for Rooney as he gets older is to play as an out and out target man type striker. I know he's not tall but I don't see any reason he couldn't score lots of goals and bring the right players into the game in the final third like Shearer did post-injury. He's such a brilliant attacker and striker of the ball but too often he's on the edge of the box waiting for the second ball.

He doesn't have the 'sniff of goal' attitude/ability if you like to be as prolific in that role nor would he settle to basically being a specific type player. He likes to roam and likes to pretty much run around getting involved. He's no target man, he's too good a footballer in terms of vision, creativity and passing to play right up there.

van Persie is overrated, he is a top player but Rooney has been and still is a better player.

That said, Rooney is nowhere near as good as he once was and has diminished quite badly as a player these days.

The Rooney that scored that wonder goal against Arsenal, the Rooney who played us at SJP in the league cup, the Rooney of Euro 2004 was something else. Moving to Man Utd has won him lots of medals and made him filthy rich, but as a player he has regressed quite badly bar one stellar season.

I can see him doing quite well in a deeper role though, his vision, range of passing and ability to get involved in a game is still of a high standard when he is in form.

I'm not sure Rooney would do great in midfield. He seems to always try the Hollywood pass when he plays deep instead of mixing it up with short simple passes more. I don't think he ever should have been moved from being a main striker

He doesn't have the 'sniff of goal' attitude/ability if you like to be as prolific in that role nor would he settle to basically being a specific type player. He likes to roam and likes to pretty much run around getting involved. He's no target man, he's too good a footballer in terms of vision, creativity and passing to play right up there.

He's got to stop roaming, though. He roamed far less in 09-10 and scored 40 goals.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's got to stop roaming, though. He roamed far less in 09-10 and scored 40 goals.

Freak season for him and I agree he has to stop roaming more, but is it in his nature? One of my biggest criticisms of him as a player is he would tire himself chasing lost causes or going after players others could pick up. Its admirable and won him lots of plaudits but I want my top players to play higher up and to conserve their energy where possible.

New kit sponsorship deal announced today - £75 million per season from Adidas.

The gulf between the Champs League clubs and everyone else is reaching monumental levels.

Just been reading the BBC artice about it.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444

-Nike has been paying United £23.5m a year, and the new deal is worth a world record-breaking £75m

-Champions League winner Real Madrid's £31m-a-year deal with Adidas was previously the biggest club deal.

-The huge sum involved is only £40m less than the Glazer family paid for the club in 2005.

Something stinks here. Why would a sponsorship deal increase by 250% over previous highest global figure. And does this impact upon Financial Fairplay Rules?

The gulf between the Champs League clubs and everyone else is reaching monumental levels.

Just been reading the BBC artice about it.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444

-Nike has been paying United £23.5m a year, and the new deal is worth a world record-breaking £75m

-Champions League winner Real Madrid's £31m-a-year deal with Adidas was previously the biggest club deal.

-The huge sum involved is only £40m less than the Glazer family paid for the club in 2005.

Something stinks here. Why would a sponsorship deal increase by 250% over previous highest global figure. And does this impact upon Financial Fairplay Rules?

It's just a sign of the times as well. Our Chevrolet one is 53m a year too.

I guess we'll never know but I reckon the £75mil per season has a huge champions league clause attached.

It's exactly what it was, but either way piping in with "Really fucking hate Man Utd" out of the blue is probably why we have arrogant fans.

Moving on though. This happens every month.