Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Ten Hag: ”Manchester United have told me that they spoke with Tuchel, but they eventually came to the conclusion that they already have the best manager.”

And they weren't wrong. 

Fp9FYAfaAAAcgU9.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.3d336658645bb5e6e43832296197b11c.jpg

skysports-ten-hag-manchester-united_6565887.thumb.jpg.a9ede3b820e4e825c2efc854613ff405.jpg

Ten Hag Win GIF by Manchester United

Slag him off all we like, 2 trophies later that we'd give our hearts for.  As much as a shambles his team looked last season, he wins trophies.

A quote attributed to Napoleon, which is disputed by the way.   'I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good'  And Ten Hag is certainly a lucky fecker.

Edited by Bimpy474

31 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Slag him off all we like, 2 trophies later that we'd give our hearts for.  As much as a shambles his team looked last season, he wins trophies.

A quote attributed to Napoleon, which is disputed by the way.   'I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good'  And Ten Hag is certainy a lucky fecker.

My old work colleague always used to say “better to be lucky than good” and now I know it’s origins. Bless him!

Can't argue with the fact he's won 2 trophies in 2 years but I'm not sure the likes of Man City & Arsenal will be devastated with this news.

If they'd not won the FA Cup he'd have probably got the chop, although there wasn't a great number of standout candidates - especially with the jobs available this summer. All of which would have been perceived more attractive, btw.

Huge club so never more than 3 games away from a crisis, so I'd be shocked if he's manager come the end of the season. Hopefully he is.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

And they weren't wrong. 

Fp9FYAfaAAAcgU9.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.3d336658645bb5e6e43832296197b11c.jpg

skysports-ten-hag-manchester-united_6565887.thumb.jpg.a9ede3b820e4e825c2efc854613ff405.jpg

Glad you’re becoming diffused with our United’s expectations. We all would have loved a cup. Thought you’d be raging over your lowest ever PL finish. Well done that man. Welcome to the real world of football mediocrity. 

On 04/07/2024 at 12:52, SweMag said:

Ten Hag: ”Manchester United have told me that they spoke with Tuchel, but they eventually came to the conclusion that they already have the best manager.”

I'm a sucker for obnoxiously confident people with below average self reflection like Mourinho, Bendtner and Zlatan. He's gone up in my estimation after this statement. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'm a sucker for obnoxiously confident people with below average self reflection like Mourinho, Bendtner and Zlatan. He's gone up in my estimation after this statement. :lol:

Yeah, the mother in law telling you the Mrs has been going out for dinner with other guys but it’s all good because she now knows you were the best company all along and it’s all you from now on! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

I also think Ten Hag is a capable manager. I think if you threw Pep into that mess he wouldn’t have fared much better, even took him a few seasons with City to sort them out.

They will improve but there’s enough holes in ETH’s consistency, same as Howe that you’ll never see them dominate, so can’t see any league success but he can certainly put out a team to compete with the best on a given day.

Whether Brexit Jimbo and his toxic approach seeps into the first team is another matter.