Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nah it won't require surgery by the looks of things but he is looking at another couple of weeks out. It'll probably be the Chelsea game before he plays again and I doubt he'll even be fit. If he isn't fit Moyes should not play him. He played Van Persie for the full 90 mins in desperation against Newcastle when he was still struggling and that could have been catastrophic.

If your prediction is right, things will be rosy for approximately one week. :lol: In a way I'm glad it's Chelsea and not City. If we went to the Etihad in this state it would be a Norwich-esque result. Chelsea don't strike fear into me at all though.

Honestly don't think we'll buy this month either. Players are available, but not what we need. I could possibly see another attempt being made for Herrera, but I reckon we'll be waiting until the summer.

Nah it won't require surgery by the looks of things but he is looking at another couple of weeks out. It'll probably be the Chelsea game before he plays again and I doubt he'll even be fit. If he isn't fit Moyes should not play him. He played Van Persie for the full 90 mins in desperation against Newcastle when he was still struggling and that could have been catastrophic.

If your prediction is right, things will be rosy for approximately one week. :lol: In a way I'm glad it's Chelsea and not City. If we went to the Etihad in this state it would be a Norwich-esque result. Chelsea don't strike fear into me at all though.

Honestly don't think we'll buy this month either. Players are available, but not what we need. I could possibly see another attempt being made for Herrera, but I reckon we'll be waiting until the summer.

Where do you think you'll finish Froggy?

5th is my prediction, and it'll see the end of rooney and/or rvp. Think they'll back Moyes heavily in summer though and he'll build his team.

It's over. 5th will be a miracle.

Rooney and Rvp are on the slide...Both too much footy from young ages and especially Rooney who will always have a weight problem and was playing competitive footy at 17.

These kinds of players fade faster, the toll on his body will start to show over the next couple of seasons - more injuries and so on...

Gonna have to spend like 200m to ever win the league again. Think they will change manager in the summer and a big name will have to come in and buy a new team.

I think it'll take a massive uplift in fortunes for this not to end in tears with them cutting their losses next summer.  Man Utd fan at my work feels similar.

Can't see how he will survive if they lose 9/10 home games.

I think we'll get fourth, but it'll go to the last day of the season. I think Rooney will be gone in the summer as well but I really hope not.

You high again Parky by the way? Rooney on the slide? He has been absolutely immense this season in both scoring and creating. He has another few years left at the very top but he'll be an effective footballer 'til he dies.

200m is crazy talk but we do need a sizable investment. A central midfielder is imperative. 35m is what it's going to take to get a suitable one.

A new winger is required and two of the current crop need shipped out. Young and Nani could bring in just shy of 20m IMO. Zaha needs more gametime as well.

Could do with a left back, but I don't want Baines. Too much money for a player with not many prime years left.

Another centre back will be needed shortly as well. Vidic only has a couple of years left and I've a feeling Rio will call it a day this year. Evans, Smalling and Jones are all good players, but we could do with another one in there.

Everyone knows what we need but it's who can we get that is the main question? I wouldn't be surprised to see Herrera and Fellaini as our starting midfield pair next season, though Herrera won't be coming with no Champions League I'd imagine.

It's over. 5th will be a miracle.

Rooney and Rvp are on the slide...Both too much footy from young ages and especially Rooney who will always have a weight problem and was playing competitive footy at 17.

These kinds of players fade faster, the toll on his body will start to show over the next couple of seasons - more injuries and so on...

Gonna have to spend like 200m to ever win the league again. Think they will change manager in the summer and a big name will have to come in and buy a new team.

Harsh on Rooney, despite the shit he's been surrounded by he's still been very good this season IMO.

As for Van Persie he's been injured for most of it, could come back past it and not the same like Vidic or he might be good still who knows really.

I think we'll get fourth, but it'll go to the last day of the season. I think Rooney will be gone in the summer as well but I really hope not.

You high again Parky by the way? Rooney on the slide? He has been absolutely immense this season in both scoring and creating. He has another few years left at the very top but he'll be an effective footballer 'til he dies.

200m is crazy talk but we do need a sizable investment. A central midfielder is imperative. 35m is what it's going to take to get a suitable one.

A new winger is required and two of the current crop need shipped out. Young and Nani could bring in just shy of 20m IMO. Zaha needs more gametime as well.

Could do with a left back, but I don't want Baines. Too much money for a player with not many prime years left.

Another centre back will be needed shortly as well. Vidic only has a couple of years left and I've a feeling Rio will call it a day this year. Evans, Smalling and Jones are all good players, but we could do with another one in there.

Everyone knows what we need but it's who can we get that is the main question? I wouldn't be surprised to see Herrera and Fellaini as our starting midfield pair next season, though Herrera won't be coming with no Champions League I'd imagine.

Think you'll do well to get fourth, thing is with you lot though, you can never write you off (or you certainly couldnt write fergies teams off, yet to be seen with moyes I guess).

Rooneys immense seasons are almost always followed by mediocrity though. I dont think I've ever seen a player who goes from world beater to pub player to such extremes. There's no in the middle with him.

Finishing outside the CL places would be bad obviously, but it would take years on years of failure to have a significant effect on their fortunes. They're so big it's ridiculous, in fact UEFA would probably invent some new way for them to qualify they'd want them back in it so badly.

You need/or will need soon a world class CB, you need a new midfield, you need fullbacks, you need at least one world class forward to take the pressure of Rooney and RVP and or one might leave...I still think the keeper is dodgy, the manager is out of his depth...As I said 5th will be a miracle. Everton, Liverpool and one out of the pack will come for 4th...There aren't any quick fixes right now for you and it will take a couple of season to get back to challenging for big trophies again...And that if all goes to plan.

Finishing outside the CL places would be bad obviously, but it would take years on years of failure to have a significant effect on their fortunes. They're so big it's ridiculous, in fact UEFA would probably invent some new way for them to qualify they'd want them back in it so badly.

Isn't debt 800m or summink? If they start to fade, money starts going out the window fast. Financing debt is 70m a year or thereabouts.

Aye, some bloke on Sky mentioned it earlier that its time for them to spend at their level.

Which sounds ridiculous but when you think about how big of a global brand they are, they could easily spend on Madrid/Bayern/Barca levels.

They just didn't need to with Fergie, they will likely need to do so now though.

The worry about finishing outside of CL positions is the ability to attract the very best. Every sane fan would accept not being in Europe as long as the necessary steps are taken to progress the club.

A summer like last would be truly terrible. If we finish the season as poorly as we started it and were then flopping about in the market making laughable bids for midfielders without actually getting anybody, then I'd be terrified for next season.

Our chief executive worries me. He was clearly out of his depth last summer and isn't fit to lace David Gills boots. He has a lot to prove this year as well. A massive portion of the blame for last year goes to him.

The worry about finishing outside of CL positions is the ability to attract the very best. Every sane fan would accept not being in Europe as long as the necessary steps are taken to progress the club.

A summer like last would be truly terrible. If we finish the season as poorly as we started it and were then flopping about in the market making laughable bids for midfielders without actually getting anybody, then I'd be terrified for next season.

Our chief executive worries me. He was clearly out of his depth last summer and isn't fit to lace David Gills boots. He has a lot to prove this year as well. A massive portion of the blame for last year goes to him.

It was insane changing up so much of the background stuff and like you say Gill.

He really, really fucked up during the summer. Was essential to strengthen heavily and didn't, left yous and Moyes in a shite starting position. Good laugh for the rest of us though.  O0

It wasn't by choice. Gill joined the board of the FA and then stepped down from us.

Also in response to the question about debt up above, it has gone from 800m to 390m in 7 years. It isn't a concern. It's going to take many years of mediocrity for the club to take a real financial hit.

Man Utd's home fixtures in second half of the season look fairly straight forward, so they should really looking forward to win every single one of them, except the game vs. City and Liverpool which could go either way. There are a few tricky away games at SB, Emirates, Goodison Park, SJP, St Mary's and Britannia and  Ferguson was the master of going there and winning when he really needed them (He won at SB, Anfield and Etihad last year)...be interesting to see how Moyes approaches those games.

We've got all bottom half away from home, and all top half at home. It could be interpreted as both positive or negative. More Hull-like performances away from home will mean no 4th for us, so no time to slip up. Read Sturridge will be back for the game vs. Stoke next week, which is a massive boost. I, too, reckon it'll go until the last couple of weeks of the season.

Spurs and Everton are firmly there as well, though I can see Spurs running out of gas in March.

Last year we won those games you mentioned but Liverpool were robbed against us. Against ten men for a large portion and required a penalty IIRC. In the City game we threw away a two goal lead with an abject second half performance. We only won because of a deflected free kick from RVP.

The result papers over what happens a lot of the time. Fergie got lucky on both those occasions.

Watching ManU's decline has been much less satisfying than I had expected. First off, now that he's gone I realise that a great deal of my hatred toward them was actually against SAF for always getting one over us in the league as well as cup games. He always made a point of showing us who was in control by taking his games against us as serious as title contenders no matter where we were In terms of actual quality... Which led to plenty of thumpings.

The thing that most disturbs me though is the difference between success and failure... Meaning not much. I remember SAF saying we would have won the title in '02 if Bellamy didn't get injured and I thought he was just doing his usual flattery mind games (that he was so fucking good at). But now looking back I think he was right.

Currently, there is no real difference between the two clubs in terms of results and this is driving many of us mad. Because most of the time the seemingly small difference between success and failure is a fucking massive uncrossable chasm for us. I think this is one of the driving reasons that this Forum is (on the whole) so vitriolic against Pardew. I would suspect that if he was appointed after Souness he would actually be held in higher regard on here.

A real opportunity is being lost here, there is going to be a massive realignment of the top teams and we are not going to take advantage of it.