Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I knew this would happen, says Moyes

MANCHESTER United manager David Moyes said the team’s dismal form is the sort of thing that happens to him all the time.

Moyes told friends, family and ‘anyone who would listen’ that something would go wrong ‘sooner rather than later’.

He said: “My friends were all really nice and told me not to worry. ‘This team has just won the league’ they would say, ‘it’ll be brilliant’.

“But I kept saying, ‘no, no, no, something will go wrong, something always goes wrong’.

“It’s so typical of me. Whenever I get something new, like a telly or a car or one of those coffee machines with the little pods, it stops working within a month.

“Sometimes it just breaks all by itself and sometimes it’s because I may have accidentally knocked it into the sink.

“I don’t know which scenario we’re looking at here, but from my point of view, it has come as absolutely no surprise whatsoever.”

He added: “When I got the job my wife said to me, ‘you’ll break it within a month’. She said it like it was a joke.

“But then there was an awkward silence and we just stared at each other for about 10 seconds.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/i-knew-this-would-happen-says-moyes-2013121081878

Some of you are very bitter.

Nah.

just hilarious that a bunch of people have been lecturing us and many more teams about giving managers time blah blah..within the first half of the new season they are cucking their toys out the pram.

Delicious.

They now have their Sam Allerdyce.

Enjoy clogg ball mancs.  :lol:

Rubbish, is harsh, but definitely limited.

Basically, I wouldn't have Moyes manage a team of largely attack minded players.

He's going to have to change the squad a fair bit to have any success.

The last few seasons Everton played some of the best football in the premiership, IMO. He's under a lot of pressure, and he might even not be up to it, but I think he's got the skills to be regarded as a very good manager. Not top class (like Man Utd should be aiming for), but certainly better than anyone we've had in recent history bar KK and SBR.

Rubbish, is harsh, but definitely limited.

Basically, I wouldn't have Moyes manage a team of largely attack minded players.

He's going to have to change the squad a fair bit to have any success.

Agree with this. I just can't see him doing anything with Man U.

It shows how rubbish Moyes is.

Liverpool still going to win the league?  :hunter:

I said they would compete for the league, and definitely finish top 4. I still stand by that.

I said Moyes would bomb and would definitely not finish top 4, and I would be surprised if he manages Europe period. I still stand by that too.

As far as I can see, Liverpool are second in the league and Man U are sitting in 9th and are 5pts off a European spot. I'm still in with a shout on both points.

The jokes on you buddy. Guffaw.

:coolsmiley:

Think Moyes was let down in the summer, tbh.

They urgently needed to buy some decent midfielders. Obviously not getting Fàbregas was a big blow, and Fellaini not being able to get into form has added extra pressure onto him.

If they improved their midfield four I could see they getting themselves into the Champions League spots, but I think it will be 2-3 windows until you see them at their best.

Have to wounder if the "fans" will give Moyes that time. Boos at full time seem to be the norm now at OT.

Van Persie out for a(nother) month.

No way!  :mike:

He's back to his injury prone ways then.

Knew last season was a blip.

Sounds like he was rushed back way too early to play against us. Probably done himself damage long term now. Doubt this will be his last injury this season.