Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Van Persie out for a(nother) month.

No way!  :mike:

He's back to his injury prone ways then.

Knew last season was a blip.

Sounds like he was rushed back way too early to play against us. Probably done himself damage long term now. Doubt this will be his last injury this season.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving prick

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02166/vanpersie_2166175b.jpg

After his early anti-diving stance, Moyes has now come out defending Januzaj's dive, asking for more protection for his player instead. :lol:

Hopefully valid decisions such as penalties will be dismissed when it comes to Januzaj, Young and Hernandez and cost them a few points.

Did Januzaj get booked for the pratfall he attempted in the area in our fantastic victory at Gloryhuntville? I have a feeling he didn't.  Make simulation a red card offence it would soon stop. They're obvious enough to spot.

That was Hernandez, he didn't get booked even though the ref knew it was a dive

Januzaj dived later on and "won" a free kick even though Ben Arfa completely missed him

Did Januzaj get booked for the pratfall he attempted in the area in our fantastic victory at Gloryhuntville? I have a feeling he didn't.  Make simulation a red card offence it would soon stop. They're obvious enough to spot.

A red would be a bit harsh unless it was REALLY obvious but yellows need to be shown a lot more and I hate this "Booked so early it ruins the game" bollocks.

If the ref gives a freekick for diving it should be a yellow every time, not sure why they don't, it's not like an overly enthusiastic tackle. If you think they have cheated then there is no grey area imo.

A red would be a bit harsh unless it was REALLY obvious but yellows need to be shown a lot more and I hate this "Booked so early it ruins the game" bollocks.

If the ref gives a freekick for diving it should be a yellow every time, not sure why they don't, it's not like an overly enthusiastic tackle. If you think they have cheated then there is no grey area imo.

It would soon disappear from the game though Jon.

Yellow is sufficient if combined with retrospective action done properly and refs actually pulling play back for pens after there's been a clear foul on a player who then doesn't dive but staggers on and say then misses or something. Refs seem to only punish often when people go to ground so it's not surprising players are willing to.

All those dives with obvious non-contact should be punished retrospectively with match bans though. Those players would think twice before trying to con the ref.

Exactly, a yellow should be issued and it should then be given to a panel who then issue a retrospective ban.

If they start issuing reds then you just know all legitimate fouls against random teams up against the big teams will result in a dive and a red from the referee this giving the big teams start getting the advantage.

It would soon disappear from the game though Jon.

I still think players would be sent off when they shouldn't have been, agree with LRD about the retrospective action though. If a player has blatantly cheated they should receive a lengthy ban, that would quickly stop it.

Yep, imo unless punished as a dive during the game if replays retrospectively show no contact, or diving player deliberately causing the contact (realise this is the grey area but plenty of cut and dry cases of this imo), then a 1 match suspension, and this should be regardless of whether the ref saw the incident and booked the other player (and indeed yellow cards should be rescinded)

All those dives with obvious non-contact should be punished retrospectively with match bans though. Those players would think twice before trying to con the ref.

Exactly, a yellow should be issued and it should then be given to a panel who then issue a retrospective ban.

If they start issuing reds then you just know all legitimate fouls against random teams up against the big teams will result in a dive and a red from the referee this giving the big teams start getting the advantage.

Straight one match ban but like yellow card accumulation each time a player dives the ban should increase.

The other thing mind is that the media clearly perpetuates the myth that it is purely the players fault and they just happen to be the 'diving (foreign obviously) type' when clearly managers can and do encourage cheating on the pitch. Managers encourage players to try and win penalties and should take the blame for cheaty teams as well.

Straight one match ban but like yellow card accumulation each time a player dives the ban should increase.

Another good shout.