Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ferguson's Man United were incredibly direct when they needed to be, particularly on the break. Course, he had the bottle (unlike Pardew) to get numbers forward in support quickly instead of pumping it to an isolated front man and telling the midfield to sit.

Also, he directed Schmeichel to throw the ball with precision out wide to fast wide players rather than boot  the ball down the pitch in the general direction of a 6ft centre forward with no one within 20 yds in support. There was nothing hit and hope about it.

Brazil 70 and Holland 74 were both direct and at times, short pass control of the ball.

Sounds like Charles Hughes justification for hoofball back in the 90's except without the short pass control. Over to you Ronaldo.

I really respect TRon's ability to make stuff up, even with only two days to come up with it.

We played direct stuff at times with Shearer and Bellamy. According to you that's an incorrect way of playing football even though the option made us unpredictable and ultimately helped us get consecutive top 4 finishes.

Preposterous way of looking at football, correct and incorrect.

Except you took what I said and turned it into something totally different. There's a massive difference between hitting the ball long like we do now towards a single forward with no support and what we did under Robson where the long ball was only a part of a potent attacking arsenal. It's like comparing Moyes to Alex Ferguson. Missing out a whole lot of the bigger dynamic and focusing on one part so you can say you were correct.

Hang on, now you're bringing us in 2014 into it? :lol:

How many times do you want to move the goalposts, man? You're ridiculous. I'd have more respect for you if you just said you prefer the ball being kept on the deck instead of writing off a style as being incorrect then squirming like a double-hooked worm when presented with ample evidence of it existing as a viable, effective attacking strategy.

I really respect TRon's ability to make stuff up, even with only two days to come up with it.

We played direct stuff at times with Shearer and Bellamy. According to you that's an incorrect way of playing football even though the option made us unpredictable and ultimately helped us get consecutive top 4 finishes.

Preposterous way of looking at football, correct and incorrect.

Except you took what I said and turned it into something totally different. There's a massive difference between hitting the ball long like we do now towards a single forward with no support and what we did under Robson where the long ball was only a part of a potent attacking arsenal. It's like comparing Moyes to Alex Ferguson. Missing out a whole lot of the bigger dynamic and focusing on one part so you can say you were correct.

Hang on, now you're bringing us in 2014 into it? :lol:

How many times do you want to move the goalposts, man? You're ridiculous. I'd have more respect for you if you just said you prefer the ball being kept on the deck instead of writing off a style as being incorrect then squirming like a double-hooked worn when presented with ample evidence of it existing as a viable, effective attacking strategy.

You are the Moyes fan who predicted a top 4 finish for Man U in this thread so let's just see how it pans out.

Brazil 70 and Holland 74 were both direct and at times, short pass control of the ball.

Sounds like Charles Hughes justification for hoofball back in the 90's except without the short pass control. Over to you Ronaldo.

Charles Hughes set back the game as an entertainment years as you rightly say.

Charles Hughes set back the game as an entertainment years as you rightly say.

And to think the FA employed him as the head honcho of coaching.

No point arguing over style of play as Fergie's teams weren't exactly Brazil 70 either.

Thing is though under Fergie they attacked with numbers, with pace and purpose. Not to mention Fergie breed confidence and positivity into that team.

Under Moyes they are negative and don't get anywhere near the same numbers forward while at the same time not really getting the ball forward quickly enough.

Conclusion? Negativity is bad and Positivity is king. As we know too well with our very own Pardew.

No point arguing over style of play as Fergie's teams weren't exactly Brazil 70 either.

Thing is though under Fergie they attacked with numbers, with pace and purpose. Not to mention Fergie breed confidence and positivity into that team.

Under Moyes they are negative and don't get anywhere near the same numbers forward while at the same time not really getting the ball forward quickly enough.

Conclusion? Negativity is bad and Positivity is king. As we know too well with our very own Pardew.

It's like comparing Brazil 70 to Brazil 74.

I just think any player who has another top club option would be taking a big risk joining Man Utd right now.

It'd take several years of them being out of the CL to have an effect on their ability to attract the best players IMO.

I just think any player who has another top club option would be taking a big risk joining Man Utd right now.

It'd take several years of them being out of the CL to have an effect on their ability to attract the best players IMO.

Agree to an extent (in terms of top players from mid-tier clubs wanted by big clubs), but to leave a club like Juventus for Man United right now?

Agree to an extent (in terms of top players from mid-tier clubs wanted by big clubs), but to leave a club like Juventus for Man United right now?

Better league and the possibility of a bigger pay cheque? CL would be the only question mark.

Juventus's style of play is pretty much a perfect fit though.

Not just about Man U trying to get away from Juventus who historically are not exactly any worse than Man U are, but unlike with Mata the elite of European football will also be trying their hardest to get him too.

Can't see it happening at all, as for Griezmann i'm shocked it's taken them this long to be linked with him with dross like Ashley Young playing regularly.

true but if its a straight choice between for example Real Madrid or Man Utd then they ain't going to win those kind of transfer battles.