Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah Cronaldo scored a hat trick against Portugal to take his country to the WC. Just scored the equaliser against their bitter rivals. Scored in 5 consecutive Clasicos.  Scored in the CL final. People may say that but they are wrong.

Say the same for Rooney? Bring out the massive moments. I can think of a couple.

If the best you have is a CL group game then your point is defunct. I'm talking RVP single handily taking his team to the CL. Scoring winners against City and Arsenal.

I'm not saying he's not a great player. Obviously he should start for England. But world class? GTFOH.

Sorry but Cristiano shows up in 3 games out of 12 in the qualifiers and all of the sudden he got his team into the World Cup? Not saying shit about Rooney, but Cristiano was very poor throughout the qualifiers and scoring three against Sweden in the last game was nothing special as the team was leaking more goals than ever.

Guest Spark

I think he's also scored more competitive goals than any other player for England. Not that it matters, like.

Crouch has a very impressive goals record for England...

Well Rooney probably has treble whatever Crouch has at least. Don't starting backing up Pilko's 'different option' talk  :lol:

How many has Rooney scored in tournaments since Euro 2004?

Yeah Cronaldo scored a hat trick against Portugal to take his country to the WC. Just scored the equaliser against their bitter rivals. Scored in 5 consecutive Clasicos.  Scored in the CL final. People may say that but they are wrong.

Say the same for Rooney? Bring out the massive moments. I can think of a couple.

If the best you have is a CL group game then your point is defunct. I'm talking RVP single handily taking his team to the CL. Scoring winners against City and Arsenal.

I'm not saying he's not a great player. Obviously he should start for England. But world class? GTFOH.

You can think of only a couple of massive moments from Rooney... seriously? :lol:

Name them for me please.

Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney have played in the same number of CL finals (in fact maybe just 2). Messi has 3 goals, Rooney has 0. Let's not compare anything about them. 

Wrong again. :lol:

So Wayne Rooney has scored in any of his 3 finals? Messi has 2 in 2 IIRC. 

Yes, Rooney scored in his last one. Didn't you see the pic conveniently posted to refresh your selective memory?

Guest neesy111

God I'd forgotten how wretched Rooney was in the last Euros. Absolutely abysmal. :lol:

Only played 2 games didn't he?

It's a wonder anyone qualified for the World Cup at all, sounds like everyone was f***ing s*** in the qualifiers.

:lol:

Messi and Suarez were excellent in South America tbh.

It's a wonder anyone qualified for the World Cup at all, sounds like everyone was fucking shit in the qualifiers.

I hate the sudden disregard for the importance of qualifiers when judging a player as well. It's as if you don't need to win them to get into the major tournaments.

Also, I don't want to meddle in the discussion about your national team. But if I was a manager Rooney would surely be the number one player I'd pick. I'd be more worried about assembling a good midfield pair rather than worrying whether Rooney should start or not. Rooney - Sturridge should be a given and don't see why Rooney wouldn't do excellent job playing behind Sturridge.

In any case Wayne Rooney doesn't make the difference in top matches because he is not world class.

Manchester United will never win the league while Rooney is their top striker. A very good striker but he'll not lead a team to glory. 

He's a very good striker but his lack of top performances in big occasions is not surprising when you realise he's not world class.

Centre your team around Rooney and you'll never maximise potential.  He's best for a team dove tailing for another player. Unfortunately England don't have that option and we'll look to Wayne in the summer.

Guest Spark

God I'd forgotten how wretched Rooney was in the last Euros. Absolutely abysmal. :lol:

He must has some sort of mental issue or something. I'm not one of those who thinks he's overrated in general – he's consistently excellent for Man U. But his tournament record is shocking. 2006: Sent off for stamping on Carvalho. 2010: Can't control the ball. 2012: Suspended for the first two games and then rubbish in the next two. This is supposed to be a world class player. I honestly wouldn't start him in Brazil.

I think he's also scored more competitive goals than any other player for England. Not that it matters, like.

Crouch has a very impressive goals record for England...

Well Rooney probably has treble whatever Crouch has at least. Don't starting backing up Pilko's 'different option' talk  :lol:

How many has Rooney scored in tournaments since Euro 2004?

Major tournaments have been a mess. England on the whole have though. Could understand if we were getting to semi's and finals and he's being carried.

In the WC he looked so off the pace it was unreal, he wasn't match fit. Yet that's down to lack of options, if we had a pool of talent like Spain/Argentina have, you can look at different options. We don't have different options good enough to sacrifice someone like Rooney, hence why he's playing major tournaments half fit.

Unfortunately England don't have that option and we'll look to Wayne in the summer.

This is the big problem. You don't have anyone better so will have to hope Rooney performs.

He hasn't shown up at an international tournament for 10 years, but his goals got us there. He's probably the first name on the team sheet for Hodgson. I'd take him and I'd start him but it should be made crystal clear to him that he's in last chance saloon for major tournaments.

It's a wonder anyone qualified for the World Cup at all, sounds like everyone was f***ing s*** in the qualifiers.

I hate the sudden disregard for the importance of qualifiers when judging a player as well. It's as if you don't need to win them to get into the major tournaments.

Its important for teams such as Ireland who only qualify for tournaments once in a blue moon and every Irish player has to play to the best of their ability to win certain games, but England would have qualified for the world cup even without Rooney. That's nothing against Rooney by the way just that England are a lot better than the rest of the teams that were in their group. It is more important in South America as there are no San Marino types in qualification there and most games are competitive.

Seriously some of the opinions in here are borderline retarded sometimes. :lol: Dropping Rooney for fuck sake. :lol: :lol: You'd play one game without him and be crying to get him back. He's scored 10 in his last 15 appearances as well.

He's England's best player, by lightyears. He'll play every game, because nobody is stupid enough to drop him. Even if he was suspended for all the group games he'd still go.

Don't take it so seriously, man. The same poster thinks Ben Arfa's better. Just daft bias.

None of the teams in our group will be there. The quality will be higher and that's where I fear for Rooney's effectiveness. He's great at destroying average sides no doubt.

Only played 2 games didn't he?

Good point, was the World Cup in 2010 I was thinking of. His 2012 was obviously ruined by him booting that guy for absolutely nothing. :lol:

I can understand peoples worries over him and his MT record but the lack of options to fulfill someone of his class is huge. You want Rooney full of confidence going in to the tournament, not popping him on the bench where we've seen for Man Utd his head can drop. Playing all season then getting to WC and seeing someone who was bench warming behind you at club level now starting ahead of you in the WC. Sickening, you'd be wanting to go home :lol:

In any case Wayne Rooney doesn't make the difference in top matches because he is not world class.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/counterattack/files/2011/02/Wayne-Rooney-bicycle-kick-goal1-590x260.jpg

Manchester United will never win the league while Rooney is their top striker. A very good striker but he'll not lead a team to glory. 

You'd think he barely scored when he was our striker or something. :lol: When he played up top for us he scored over 100 goals in 4 seasons. :lol:

Shearer's record is under threat by a deep forward who was only "very good" when playing up top?

I can understand peoples worries over him and his MT record but the lack of options to fulfill someone of his class is huge. You want Rooney full of confidence going in to the tournament, not popping him on the bench where we've seen for Man Utd his head can drop. Playing all season then getting to WC and seeing someone who was bench warming behind you at club level now starting ahead of you in the WC. Sickening, you'd be wanting to go home :lol:

Maybe the FA could offer him a pay rise, that seems to work a treat.

Seriously some of the opinions in here are borderline retarded sometimes. :lol: Dropping Rooney for f*** sake. :lol: :lol: You'd play one game without him and be crying to get him back. He's scored 10 in his last 15 appearances as well.

He's England's best player, by lightyears. He'll play every game, because nobody is stupid enough to drop him. Even if he was suspended for all the group games he'd still go.

Don't take it so seriously, man. The same poster thinks Ben Arfa's better. Just daft bias.

:thup:

The bashing of Rooney is over the top in here. God damn it, he's the best player in the national team.

Maybe the FA could offer him a pay rise, that seems to work a treat.

:lol: I'm sure they've had sneaky incentive bonuses every tournament, hasn't done much good. People are slating Rooney for past tournaments but are forgetting our current skipper and midfield general has failed to serve up anything either. Should we drop him as well?