Manchester Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 07/12/13 - Post-match euphoria from p29

Greg

It looked to me like Anita could have been in trouble on the Vidic tackle. He jumped into that tackle with both feet. If he had caught Vidic he could easily have gone off. Luckily because Vidic came through with such power and won the ball it really didn't appear bad.

Aye, it's a tricky one because while it was a good tackle in the sense that he won the ball, it's a really dangerous tackle that could easily have seriously injured Anita. Wouldn't have been surprised if the ref sent Vidic off for it tbh, but I've no complaints that he didn't and let the game go on. Obviously, had Anita actually been injured, my thoughts on the tackle probably would have been different.

Wow! What a result! Just read through the entire thread, need to find a way to watch it now because the 'highlights' don't seem to do it justice. Missed the Swansea game as well but I thought we were heading towards some bad form when I saw that scoreline. Great response by the team! It shows something special that they can not let a bad loss get to them and rise to the occasion in a tougher match only a few days later. Good stuff.

Wow! What a result! Just read through the entire thread, need to find a way to watch it now because the 'highlights' don't seem to do it justice. Missed the Swansea game as well but I thought we were heading towards some bad form when I saw that scoreline. Great response by the team! It shows something special that they can not let a bad loss get to them and rise to the occasion in a tougher match only a few days later. Good stuff.

They absolutely don't do it justice :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Hernandes should have got a yellow for diving as well. I thought the game was generally allowed to play on well though.

What a day that was. :smitten:

Had to sit in the North stand posh seats due to not being able to get a ticket in the away end. If anything being surrounded by the day trippers and moaners only made the victory even sweeter. Tried to maintain my composure throughout the game (though may have given myself away when Tiote crunched someone, Jones possibly, and i let out a loud get in lad) but when we scored lost all sense of where i was and went mental only to discover there were a group of 7 Newcastle fans sat to my right more in the row behind and liberally dotted about the place (Geordie's here Geordie's there...)

When Van Persie's header dropped in and thought they had equalised some prick in front turned round giving us the big un and didnt realise it had been disallowed for a while making it even more amusing when the penny finally dropped. Will remember the look on his face for many a year.

Ended up being a really emotional day and so glad i was able to go with my Dad (who was there in 72 to see the last win) with tears in his eyes he said to me afterwards that he didnt think he would get to see another win there in his lifetime .

As many have said immense performance from pretty much everyone (Though for me Cabaye is a bit wasted when he plays in that more advanced role but he got the goal, but did very little else, but that would just be nit picking) I think if we had pressed on a bit more we would have done them by a few more like but any win there is a great result so mustnt grumble.

Working in Manchester today and not many people want to discuss the weekends games with me for some reason? odd

:thup:

Aye, days like that make it all worthwhile  :)

Can't believe how much NUFC and the results affect you, negative and positive ones! Im still over the moon, absolutely delighted!

aye, the difference between a good weekend and bad for me. Ive such a contented feeling just now. Just going out to work shortly and the usual feeling of 'I can't be bothered' has turned into a 'Bring it on!'

Guest palnese

Man U friend at work claims tiote should have been sent off multiple times over :spit:

He was very lucky to escape a booking on Evra, tbh. Didn't see anything else that would have warranted him leaving the field, like.

The stamp on Jones or Smalling was pretty nasty, and he used his elbow on Hernandez.

Guest bimpy474

Dug out the shin pads for the full kit wanker i'll be wearing for Badminton, with the 3 Man Utd fans i play Badminton with.  :smug:

http://i.imgur.com/W18GJMM.png

Guest bimpy474

Shin pads for badminton. :lol: Are you going to wear boots too?

The lady on the desk is grumpy enough without me walking in with footy boots on :lol:. I'll have to stick with trainers.