Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we really have a playmaker or creator role? Our assists(disregarding setpieces) are evenly distributed.

Cabaye does it well tbf. We're not talking about a number 10 purely, but Cabaye can play great balls from deep and is lately being pushed up a bit more forward.

Personally found it really frustrating when Anita linked up play & then skinned a defender to set up Remy's decisive finish in the 90th against Chelsea.

Why he was that far forwards ive no idea, he doesnt realise his own limitations obviously.

Well done...

Guest bimpy474

Anyone else think it'll be Jonas who replaces Cabaye and not Ben Arfa :lol:

Yeh I think it will be.

I'd push Jonas next to Tiote and have Anita adopt the creative role however...

:lol: :lol:

Anita the creative role? f*** is this?

Nice contribution. Have a nice day.

Should I have used trequartista or something?

Nah he's saying Anita shouldn't play that high up.... he's the man you want in deep getting the ball and knitting it altogether he has no place playing behind the striker playing the final pass etc etc.

Had on, out of Tiote, Jonas, and Anita, which one is potentially the more creative?

Anita but none of them should be anywhere near that far forward.... Bimpy man look what you have done :lol:

Sorry, it did give me a terrible case of the shivers. I dont want it to happen like, rather enjoyed the last few games :lol:

Newcastle offered Southampton a reciprical lower price offer for tomorrows match meaning Southampton fans would be charged £20 and our fans would be charged the same at St Mary's. Southampton refused so their fans are having to pay £37 to sit up in Level 7 because that is what Newcastle fans will have to pay when we play them down there.

Do we really have a playmaker or creator role? Our assists(disregarding setpieces) are evenly distributed.

Of course you do, teams can just pack the box knowing you won't create anything.

Creativity =/= assists.... but we need someone who can create chances, dictate the tempo and play passes into the final third.

Cabaye does that on a weekly basis and Ben Arfa is our next best player in that regard.

Watching Man Yoo last week is an example of having no players with creativity or players who can play passes into the final third and what happens.

Newcastle offered Southampton a reciprical lower price offer for tomorrows match meaning Southampton fans would be charged £20 and our fans would be charged the same at St Mary's. Southampton refused so their fans are having to pay £37 to sit up in Level 7 because that is what Newcastle fans will have to pay when we play them down there.

I hope we smash them and their fucking fans who paid 37 quid get pissed at their club for the extra 17 they had to pay to see their team lose.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Anyone else think it'll be Jonas who replaces Cabaye and not Ben Arfa :lol:

Yeh I think it will be.

I'd push Jonas next to Tiote and have Anita adopt the creative role however...

:lol: :lol:

Anita the creative role? f*** is this?

Nice contribution. Have a nice day.

Should I have used trequartista or something?

Nah he's saying Anita shouldn't play that high up.... he's the man you want in deep getting the ball and knitting it altogether he has no place playing behind the striker playing the final pass etc etc.

He's versatile enough to play anywhere, played a lot in the centre for Ajax & I'd rather have him leading it than Jonas or Tiote. See what Pardew goes with anyway.

Anita is nowhere near a creative midfielder though, he's the heart that when he plays makes us tick, he controls the rhytm helping out at the back and providing option at all time, but he should like Mole said, no way be the brain of attacking plays because he's not. It's easy, with Cabaye out we HAVE to start Benny.

I think you are doing him a massive discredit. He's perfectly capable of filling in. He's a very creative player given the chance :)

Its ridiculous they go from saying 'we always score goals against them and its an easy three points at home every season' to 'well it doesnt matter that we haven't won there for a while thats all in the past'

"I think we are much more consistent"

We're 3 points ahead...how? :lol:

maybe they mean in performances, we've went from swansea performances to man utd, they may have been steady even when they've lost ?

:thup:

They're like a better version of Swansea couple of seasons back. Had 80% of ball possession against Villa but lost that one, but they've been very solid across the team this season.

I think describing us as inconsistent is more than a fair comment. Yes we have been on a good run and are currently the form team but I don't think any of our fans can be confident which version of us will turn up. The one that beat Man United and Chelsea or the one that lost to Hull and Sunderland.

I think describing us as inconsistent is more than a fair comment. Yes we have been on a good run and are currently the form team but I don't think any of our fans can be confident which version of us will turn up. The one that beat Man United and Chelsea or the one that lost to Hull and Sunderland.

maybe they mean in performances, we've went from swansea performances to man utd, they may have been steady even when they've lost ?

They're like a better version of Swansea couple of seasons back. Had 80% of ball possession against Villa but lost that one, but they've been very solid across the team this season.

I really don't see this when i see them.... i see a high pressing team which get it wide and cross for Lambert and Rodriguez to attack.

They are nothing like Swansea, they may have had lots of possession against Villa but its not usually a staple of their play.

I really don't see this when i see them.... i see a high pressing team which get it wide and cross for Lambert and Rodriguez to attack.

They are nothing like Swansea, they may have had lots of possession against Villa but its not usually a staple of their play.

agree they aren't like swansea but from the little i have seen of them they've been staedier than us this season, when we are bad we are very bad.

We've only been bad once though in 6 games. Before that we were inconsistent.

I thought about 2 months ago we'd be the sort of team that won a couple, lost a couple, and ended up winning as many as we lost. I think we've got more about us than that now though.

hope so (and I still don't know what to make of the spurs game). I actually think the next 3 games will define our season.

Maybe using Swansea is a bad comparison as you say, they don't share the same playing style in that sense, what I meant is that as a smaller team they try to control game with more possession. They've had more possession of the ball against I think every team this season including Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Then again I haven't watched that much against them, but seen their last four and they've been very consistent even if they've lost three and drawn one of them.

Its ridiculous they go from saying 'we always score goals against them and its an easy three points at home every season' to 'well it doesnt matter that we haven't won there for a while thats all in the past'

They're also talking complete bollocks about easy wins against us at home every season, unless they now consider last season to count as their entire history..  They've played us at home six times in the last ten years.  Our record from those games is three wins, two draws and one loss.

As it is we're playing them at home tomorrow where our record against them is even better.  Obviously though records are their to be broken (like last week vs man utd) and it'll be a hard game.

They're also talking complete bollocks about easy wins at home every season.  They've played us at home six times in the last ten years.  Our record from those games is three wins, two draws and one loss.

tbf the same thing happens on here. "well we haven't won at XXXX since 1647" while at other times we'll say "xxxx haven't won here since mick was a teen"

Personally found it really frustrating when Anita linked up play & then skinned a defender to set up Remy's decisive finish in the 90th against Chelsea.

Why he was that far forwards ive no idea, he doesnt realise his own limitations obviously.

And I'm always excited every time Tiote takes a long-range shot after his thunderbastard against Arsenal.

Anita played anchor for Ajax, recycling possession and covering for the defenders. Just because he passes better than most of our midfielders doesn't make him a creative player. Especially when you have a better option in Hatem.