Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

If we win by 14 goals and man city lose by 14, we go above them, I don't think that's asking too much...

Its pretty depressing to know our GD is that bad

Guest Haris Vuckic

Shola replaces Cabaye. Only change.

Disgusting if true as it means we're going direct rather than looking to keep possession.

:laugh:

Disgusting if true as it means we're going direct rather than looking to keep possession.

Hardly 'disgusting', Southampton average 57% possession this season- we won't beat them at their game, especially without Cabaye, our most comfortable player with the ball. We've looked good recently going direct, their defence is dodgy, particularly without Clyne and Boruc

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's not only about the possession but also the pressing in the midfield area. We'll struggle to get in their box and fashion chances unless we bypass their midfield.

Hardly 'disgusting', Southampton average 57% possession this season- we won't beat them at their game, especially without Cabaye, our most comfortable player with the ball. We've looked good recently going direct, their defence is dodgy, particularly without Clyne and Boruc

i'm with mick in a sense, the principle is disgusting but lets be honest pardew has made a few decisions like this recently and most of them have paid off - personally don't see why southampton's possession stats don't mean we can't play a passing game ourselves but i'll reserve judgement - he's been right more than he's been wrong since sunderland

Maybe they are doing well because of the possession they have had and gifting them what they thrive on isn't a good idea.

Maybe they are doing well because of the possession they have had and gifting them what they thrive on isn't a good idea.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO8oPm-anHraMjMMqtWQBsp8Is7e-f_1QCQnxk7YGsiX4Tygcm

http://troll.me/images2/what-if-i-told-you-matrix/what-if-i-told-you-matrix.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/electrojams.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sudden-clarity-clarence1.jpeg?resize=585%2C322

http://i4.thejournal.co.uk/incoming/article6247590.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/pardew-6247590.jpg

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial 3m

#NUFC v @SouthamptonFC (4-4-2): Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini ©, Williamson, Santon; Sissoko, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran; Shola Ameobi, Remy.

#NUFC subs v @SouthamptonFC: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 1m

#SaintsFC team vs @NUFCOfficial: Gazzaniga, Chambers, Lovren, Hooiveld, Shaw, Cork, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Rodriguez, Lambert ©, Osvaldo.

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @NUFCOfficial: Cropper (GK), Yoshida, Schneiderlin, Fonte, Ramírez, Lallana, Gallagher.

Hopefully the rest means it will be decent Shola.

If we win by 14 goals and man city lose by 14, we go above them, I don't think that's asking too much...

Its pretty depressing to know our GD is that bad

Our goal difference is pretty bad but tbf they are +28 after 16 games :lol: