Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 21/12/13 - post-match reaction from pg32

BlueStar

I think I'm more surprised that we won a penalty than the fact we scored three goals! Was it a correct decision? We've been denied at least two stone-wallers this season.

It was right aye, in real time it looked a bit like a dive but the lad did clip Shola. He went down a bit easily of course.

Mystery why the Fenham destroyer didn't take the penalty mind.

I think I'm more surprised that we won a penalty than the fact we scored three goals! Was it a correct decision? We've been denied at least two stone-wallers this season.

On the replay it looked like Shola was going down before contact was made, but the intent was there. To be fair Ben Arfa did well to stay on his feet in the box earlier on.

What a cracking bit of wing-play from Sissoko for the first goal. The movement in the box was first class, too - Cabaye's got that 'drop deep' down to a fine art. Great attackers do that so well and it's something we've never really performed with any consistency (we never run to the near post either, something I'd like to see happen more). I swear there was a mirror down the middle of Gouffran and Remy, too; two intelligent players making exactly the same body movement. We were always gonna score once Sissoko beat Chamakh. Not spectacular goal but a quality goal in many ways. Keeper probably should've done better, like.

We were superb today, best we've played for bloody ages.

Cabaye was absolutely outstanding, he was everywhere.

HBA should surely have done enough to be the man to come in for the suspended Tiote on Thursday as well as he was magnificent in his cameo as well.

Very pleased to see this from Pardew afterwards. Hope has returned and he's won back some confidence now. Seems as of he's learning.

"I think the key was to control the possession, and make sure the ball didn't come in our box. The best way to do that is to keep it.

Seems crazy when you see the respective team sheets that we are all so ecstatic at the performance today but that's because we so often flatter to deceive.

I mean our team should beat theirs 9 times out of 10. But we all know that's not how it works.

Was great to see the team play to their ability and truly boss a game against lesser opposition.

We kept the ball on the deck and shifted it from side to side, wearing down the Palace players.

We probed and found their biggest weakness (their left side) Then exploited it.

That midfield trio is working like we all hoped it would when we first signed Anita. They are a great combination, especially for away games.

Very pleased to see this from Pardew afterwards. Hope has returned and he's won back some confidence now. Seems as of he's learning.

"I think the key was to control the possession, and make sure the ball didn't come in our box. The best way to do that is to keep it.

Let's hope he was honest and doesn't fold at first possible decline in form.

Le Tissier saying both teams were poor in the first 20 minutes or so and the 1st goal would win it and you didn't know where it was coming from.

Give over, though we didn't create many clear cut chances we were by far the better team and were in complete control of the game within the 1st 20 minutes, it wasn't a case of who would score first?, but when would we score?

Le Tiss is an arsehole. We pissed it from first minute to last.

The guy has a hatred for us for some reason.

Most of the SSN pundits are a joke. Phil Thompson is the most deluded Liverpool fan there is, it's beyond a fucking joke how he's even allowed an opinion. Le Tissier can't let anyone else have a bit of the limelight and always screams chance when someone else is describing whats happening in their match. Merson rambles then mentions Arsenal, then rambles some more.

The people SSN get in is shocking, I mean at one time they kept getting George Best in when he was pissed out of his mind. Anyone remember Dean Windass working for them?, or Ian Dowie?

The only decent one they have there is Chris Kamara.

Seems as of he's learning.

Seems as of

as of

http://i.imgur.com/uWoZ4eG.jpg