Colo - 4

Willo - 6

Santon - 3

Cabaye - 3

Sissoko - 2

Tiote - 3

Gouf - 0

Remy - 0

Shola - Not worthy on being scored as a footballer. Disgrace to the club.

Benny - 0 Confidence is shot

Haidara - n/a didn't do anything much

Mapou - 5 didn't do anything wrong since coming on

Pardew - 0

7 for Krul is a bit much, he didn't actually do anything bar give a pen away, and MYM really should have given a pen too for his clear hold on Sessauge

Actually that's a fair point, probably should be a 5 for Krul.

Woeful from start to finish, none of them looked like they could be arsed against a West Brom side that were there for the taking. Idiotic from Debuchy who despite his stellar performances recently appears to be a liability when things aren't going his way. Still, I fail to see how a two-footed tackle is a straight red even when the ball is taken cleanly and the blatant fouls on Collo and Cabaye aren't even worthy of a freekick. We look really stale at the moment and the team needs freshening up a bit for the next game, speaking of which, I expect us to take a beating at the hands of City, hope I'm wrong though.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Any shouts for putting Cisse back in the team, with Remy on the left and HBA on the right?

Insanity starting Shola ahead of Cisse any day of the week.

Insanity having Shola ahead of Campbell and Armstrong. At least they'll put some effort in and might even be able to control a ball.

To wrap it up in a nutshell, if I may?

Pardew is the reason we didn't win.

Debuchy is the reason we lost.

:thup: I'd say that's about fair, although they could easily have been 1 up at half time, Anelka's chance was a really bad miss.

Guest Brazilianbob

Man city, w ham, Norwich, are next up. We will surely lose to man city n possibly w ham, If Norwich do us then u can be sure the mackems will then do the double. To send us firmly down into the bottom half, wondering where the next win will come from.  Parsnip has been banging on saying we can have an even better second half of the season.  Well we've started the same way we started the season with a defeat.  Let's hope we do mirror the first half of the season.

Team did look very tired. No excuse for Pardew mind, could have easily shuffled the deck and rotated some players but hasn't and they've run themselves legless.

Not surprising if they were as you usually find that with teams over Christmas and New Year.

Anyway bad day it happens, on to the next few games and hope the results are better than today.

A ten point brushdown:

1. When you are doing unexpectedly well in the league, and the other team is languishing near the relegation zone, the best plan is to go to their place and attack them from the off, putting them under pressure and further making the players/fans edgy; testing their inevitably fragile confidence. Instead, we play a defensive formation, inviting them to have the ball and sitting on a nil-nil all day without really trying to attack consistently because, in Alan Pardew 1980s football world, a point away from home is always the aim.

2. Shola Ameobi has not scored a goal for over one year. He has scored 50 goals in a career spanning almost 14 years. He has never come close to looking like a professional footballer. We must be the only club in world football who would give him the continuous platform. He must know someone very powerful and influential up there. He is slow, ponderous, weak, dithering, indecisive and incapable of linking up play properly. Yet he will still feature in the majority of the rest of our season.

3. Hatem Ben Arfa is a ridiculously talented footballer, but there are two observations here. Firstly, he isn't getting enough game time, so seems to be trying a bit too much perhaps when he comes on. However, he doesn't half do some braindead things when he is on. Case in point today; just shoot.

4. Cabaye has been stellar this season playing in advanced midfield. Logically, Pardew then puts him back into a deeper role to accommodate Shola, dropping Anita in the process, who has been one of the key reasons in our decent campaign thus far; unnecessarily surrendering possession and creativity simultaneously for an invisible presence up front against their slow, average centre-halves.

5. Remy has gone missing recently.

6. Debuchy is thick as fuck. Good player but completely undermined the last few weeks of hard work and improvement. Let the side down massively today.

7. Sissoko has been good on the wing this year, so naturally Pardew moves him to a central midfield role; the same role which he performed without any distinction against Stoke.

8. Gouffran needs to work very, very hard on his final ball. Numerous occasions today he broke down promising moves by passing it off the field or straight to the other side. None of them were unlucky, just thoughtless.

9. Williamson and Coloccini are the only players to come out of today's game with credit, especially the former who did not put a foot wrong.

10. As I have continued to suspect throughout our good run, we win in spite of Pardew. He is always liable, just like away to Swansea, to fuck up a game with tactical incompetence and ham-fisted selection in the face of what is the obvious team to play. We continue to have no identity as a side, and bounce from formation to formation based on what happened in the last game. We will never achieve anything of significance while he is in charge. That isn't some epic kneejerk reaction; he has done well this year and did well 2 seasons ago too; but both represent his absolute ceiling. I sincerely believe he is stupid.

All in all, dogshit performance against a dogshit team. Awful tactics, awful selection, lacking attacking intent, no coherence, no courage, and the alarming trend of us handing teams a win when they badly need one by not turning up continues. Way to undermine some progress, guys. Happy fucking new year.

To be honest I think we would have lost today even if Debuchy hadn't have been sent off. There was no marking, no midfield presence today. Even for a team down to 10 men we didn't do enough off the ball. It was only a matter of time before the ball on behind us was going to punish us, it had been coming all the way through the second half.

I can't think of anyone who put in a decent performance today.

Man city, w ham, Norwich, are next up. We will surely lose to man city n possibly w ham, If Norwich do us then u can be sure the mackems will then do the double. To send us firmly down into the bottom half, wondering where the next win will come from.  Parsnip has been banging on saying we can have an even better second half of the season.  Well we've started the same way we started the season with a defeat.  Let's hope we do mirror the first half of the season.

F*cking hell, cheer up.  :lol:

Firstly West Ham are terrible and Norwich are not much better we don't deserve to be in a European spot if we can't get results against them....

Also City is by no means a full gone conclusion, they are still poor away from home and usually more often than not games at SJP are close..... you would think after all the big game performances this season people would be a bit more confident.

We went about it wrong today unfortunately. We were pretty toothless in 'attack' - if you can call it that. As the 1st half went on i did think we'd end up losing so only losing 0-1 with 10 men isn't so bad. Could have been worse.

Unless Gouf was injured i didn't understand bringing him off. Shola was a non event and Remy wasn't at the races at all.

Not sure what the paranoia is about playing HBA on the right, it's not like Santon is a better defender than Debuchey or something.

Alex Ferguson, who knows a thing or 2 said 'play your best players in their best positions'. Good advice tbf.

Guest firetotheworks

I still can't get over the fact that Shola fucking Ameobi started for us today. It's absolutely mind blowing.

Unless Gouf was injured i didn't understand bringing him off. Shola was a non event and Remy wasn't at the races at all.

Gouffran looked absolutely shagged.

Still looked better than Shola and Remy.