WBA 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/01/14 - post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

Both teams look tired, i'm hoping that when ben arfa comes on the fact hes had less field time in the last 10 days means he'll tear them apart

He has got to come on now, will absolutely destroy them.

Some of the worst football played in the premier league this season. Are there any sides more uninspiring than us in attack?

To be where we are in spite of the Pardew factor is a credit to our players and lady luck.

Some truly wreckless passes from Gouffers, cabaye and Tiote. On the upside the game is crying out for Hatem as its so open. On the downside the West Brom Management can change that at half time.

Guest bimpy474

As boring as it's been, i'm enjoying us keep it between the CB's and CM's and full backs, i know the ball isn't going anywhere but it's better than hoofing it and giving it away. It's where you start passing football, from the back. We need to be better up top to make the possession count. So far we've been rank up there.

Think we've been looking tired and short of ideas for a few games really and we're fortunate that West Brom look equally half-arsed and haven't taken advantage. I know this team has done well for us, but I think it's time to freshen things up a bit and give a few a rest, not just right now in this game but from the start in the next.

It feels like we've played so shite as we've had all the ball but created simply nothing. Tired, no movement and constantly going for the easy passing option. Saying that, they've been worse.

Some of the worst football played in the premier league this season. Are there any sides more uninspiring than us in attack?

To be where we are in spite of the Pardew factor is a credit to our players and lady luck.

Some truly wreckless passes from Gouffers, cabaye and Tiote. On the upside the game is crying out for Hatem as its so open. On the downside the West Brom Management can change that at half time.

:lol:

Shola isn't the source of all of our problems - there's been some shocking positioning and decisions by others today, absolutely - but it does feel like we're playing a man down, like no one knows where he's going to be at any given time, and he constantly fouls defenders, or is offside, or passes directly to opposition, and I think the abuse isn't OTT at all. Maybe disproportionately doled out but there's no saying he doesn't deserve it.

We need to up it in the 2nd half, only Remy and Gouffran have been looking to get forward. Apart from when Cabaye missed his sitter we have had my support in our attacks. Santon needs to be getting closer to his man as well.

They look there for the taking if we are up to it, then again so do us.

Need Anita as much as HBA. We've had so much possession, but it's all so slow and we're stuck in the middle of the park.

We were the same against Arsenal tbh, but everyone expected them to cane us so no one minded.

Im impressed by our quick "pass and move" style.

yes it's almost as if Pardew has told the players "let's pass and move". He's definitely one of the Premier's most innovative coaches.

Guest bimpy474

Im impressed by our quick "pass and move" style.

Shame it's not on the edge of their box, but so am i.

It's usually on the edge of our box. :lol:

Aye :lol: