Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

According to Anderson:

"Pardew is doing Tremendous in league"

Par for the course is now tremendous in the local media ffs.

That's the predominant view outside these forums. I guess we deserve to eat s*** as a result.

To be fair I think Anderson said pardew has to take the blame this.

He did now for the rest of the show he'll sit and defend him like per usual.

Besides the man know's fuck all about football management or tactics.

players need to take responsibility as well as the manager IMO, awful performance today

They always are awful performances in the cups mate. The 'A' team in the league matches carry Pardew to an extent. Cup ties show his tactical ineptitude up when he is required to show he has at least a bit of a clue.

Exactly. It was a reasonably strong team on paper, but was still seven changes. Some were enforced obviously, but it just shows how incapable he is at managing when things aren't perfect. That's why the Europa League fucked us up, and that's why we're always rubbish in the cups.

Said it in the Pardew thread t'other day, he simply can't rotate a squad.

As soon as he tries it goes tits up or plays get burnt out because of lack of it.

Only 1 player capable of creating in the entire side today though.

Pardew needs to show more ambition in selection.

Chelsea play with 3 creative mid fielders ffs.

Don't be silly, by including two defensive midfielders we restricted Cardiff to only two goals  :pardsgrin:

Which is fine if we had Ben Arfa Cabaye Remy and say Cisse up ahead of them.

I was taking the p*ss :lol:

Obviously you need to balance defence with attacking options, but it's less obvious to some than others.

I know you we're taking the piss, I just wanted to illustrate his crappy tactics and complete lack of balance.

players need to take responsibility as well as the manager IMO, awful performance today

They always are awful performances in the cups mate. The 'A' team in the league matches carry Pardew to an extent. Cup ties show his tactical ineptitude up when he is required to show he has at least a bit of a clue.

Exactly. It was a reasonably strong team on paper, but was still seven changes. Some were enforced obviously, but it just shows how incapable he is at managing when things aren't perfect. That's why the Europa League fucked us up, and that's why we're always rubbish in the cups.

Said it in the Pardew thread t'other day, he simply can't rotate a squad.

As soon as he tries it goes tits up or plays get burnt out because of lack of it.

Even during our successful run he just mixed and matched until we got something that worked. Obviously when you have to make changes then he's going to have to start all over again with us not having any idea how to build attacks as a team philosophy. There's never been any evidence of a coaching system other than everyone sit back and don't commit too many players forward.

Dreadful but to many played who may be fit but are in no way in form as they have played no football, was a dreadful game all around.

Just shows though we do lack strength in depth, its one thing making one change during a game when your best 11 started but games like this really does show that we still need signings.

Obertan is so fucking bad, shocker. They're first goal is well taken but crap defending. Them scoring from a corner had been coming all game, Elliot right under the ball.

Gouffran played a great ball through for Sissoko, who was tackled and Cisse put it away. Gouffran was immediately subbed.

@martinhardyindy

Mike Ashley took control at St James' Park in 2007. Newcastle have not got past the fourth round of either the FA Cup or League Cup since.

:slowclap::slowclap::slowclap:

Fucking hell man, that's shameful.

Mate of mine just posted this on FB, just shows how much Ashley and co have succeeded in lowering fans expectations and ambitions.

"Just woke up, I see newcastle got beat, tbh I'm glad time to focus on what matters, the league!!"

I checked the FB group to see outside of this place and have ssen similar posts. find it really well and truly odd.

Atmosphere really flat where I was today....hate to say it but the clubs apathy seemed to be mirrored by a lot in the crowd. Lot of what seemed like dads taking the bairns for a post-xmas treat ("Aye cheers dad, school on monday and now this sh*te") just not into it like i would've been at that age. With 3 or 4 mins to go the lad in front of me asked the bairns where they fancied post-match scran and it was the most animated they were all match. when Pizza Hut vs TGI Fridays is more fun that NUFC vs Cardiff you've lost your audience.

I hate how devalued the FA cup is in many peoples - and clubs - opinion. The old glamour, mystique and national pride in the cup has all but been robbed by the emperors new clothes of the premier league.

The club's attitude towards the cup competitions is shameful and disgraceful and there's little more to it than that. Unless we're dealt un-loseable draws, we'll continue to go out at these early stages for as long as there's no financial gain.

Don't get after that sort of performance by manager and player alike that the two usual suspects (shola/obertan) threads are bumped and filled with criticism. There was far worse on show than just them two today but they won't get half the blame. Was shocking performance all around and only a couple could probably say they had a good game arguably.

We play the kids in this cup, we get knocked out. We go full strength just about and still get knocked out. Fucking shameful from the lot of them!

Thing is if you start to mention that we should be ambitious enough as a set of fans, and indeed a club to go for a cup and also attempt a high league placing you start getting called deluded and that we "should be happy we aren't still in the championship" what kind of bastarding ambition is that?

I'm not even saying we would be capable of having an extended cup run and challenging for 6th? But surely we should be at least attempting to go for it, surely that's what supporting a team is all about, or am I missing something?

Ah whey, yet again neebody at the club could care less about the world's most prestigious domestic cup as there is no monetary gain.

f*** the lot of them.

This is nonsense, people really believe Ashley wanted us to be KO'd today?

We are only a few points away from safety in the league so there's no point in him wanting us to get knocked out.  In terms of monetary gains it makes more sense to stay in the competition, there were over 30,000 how much does one ticket cost?  Tv replay coverage, sponsorship etc etc all adds up.

We got knocked out today by the better team on the day, plain and simple.

Do people honestly think Ashley is on the blower telling him to not bother with this game ? :lol:

Be interesting to see what he would have done if Colo, Cabs and Debuch had been available, yes he may still have rested them but we would have had a game changing bench.

Ashley has driven the fans to paranoid delusions