Remy Cabella

Yaron

again I think the forced loan thing is nuts. Just like with Santon and MYM we should be having a right of refusal or recall after loan if the player played brilliantly or we are in need of player after loan is up due to other deals or injuries.

If he excels at Marseilles, the chances are they could get more for him than the current agreed price.

Didn't Roma make a small profit on Yanga Mbiwa?

again I think the forced loan thing is nuts. Just like with Santon and MYM we should be having a right of refusal or recall after loan if the player played brilliantly or we are in need of player after loan is up due to other deals or injuries.

If he excels at Marseilles, the chances are they could get more for him than the current agreed price.

At the same time, if he's utterly shit...

McClaren blatantly doesn't think he's up to it so I'm not averse to shipping people out when not needed/unwanted so long as they're replaced which he will be.

At the same time, if he's utterly s***...

McClaren blatantly doesn't think he's up to it so I'm not averse to shipping people out when not needed/unwanted so long as they're replaced which he will be.

Reckon McClaren will be proven wrong there. When we start shipping out the obvious dross and "replace" those, that's when I'll be happy.

On the graveyard debate.

I think it's clear we are a hit and miss club, like most other sides. When a team does well their players get picked off by so called bigger clubs. However when the team does shite, naturally players look like bad signings.

Right now, any player looking for a step up should try and join Southampton or Swansea but I don't think we are a bad prospect.

Reckon McClaren will be proven wrong there. When we start shipping out the obvious dross and "replace" those, that's when I'll be happy.

I don't know about that. I reckon there's a cracking player in there, just not for the premier. English football is too fast for him and he's not like Ben Arfa who had the physique to handle the heavy challenges.

I don't know about that. I reckon there's a cracking player in there, just not for the premier. English football is too fast for him and he's not like Ben Arfa who had the physique to handle the heavy challenges.

I think he'd come good in PL too in the right system personally. He's had one season in shit circumstances, but still at times showed what he was about.

I was actually on about letting him go for a specific obligatory fee though. I guess that's not really up to McClaren, but he'll prove his worth and then some over there.

We've definitely brought in a few duds over the years but we've also brought in players who have been fantastic for us and definitely found the grass isn't always greener.

On Cabella, I see the way we're getting rid of him as slightly similar to what happened with Viana as in he hasn't been played in his correct position and has immense quality but not really had much of a chance to show it. Really I would have liked to have seen Cabella given another year under a decent coaching setup, but with so many players capable of playing in the #10 role, it's difficult to see where he would have fit in.

Could he have done it as a winger under McClaren? Could we have spent this money on another position that needs strengthening? Possibly. Guess we'll just have to see what happens now.

I think he'd come good in PL too in the right system personally. He's had one season in shit circumstances, but still at times showed what he was about.

I was actually on about letting him go for a specific obligatory fee though. I guess that's not really up to McClaren, but he'll prove his worth and then some over there.

I definitely agree with that, his value will go back up to over £10m no problem.

Was a joke how he was treated at the beginning like, didn't score a hatrick on his own the first 2 games so was sat on the bench for most of the next few months. Familiar.

:rolleyes: he was meant to be a creative player but was providing nothing.

He was therefore benched and the guy who came in set up a couple of goals and then Scored the goal that got us our first win

Aye joke to bench him though  :lol:

Was a joke how he was treated at the beginning like, didn't score a hatrick on his own the first 2 games so was sat on the bench for most of the next few months. Familiar.

He was therefore benched and the guy who came in set up a couple of goals and then Scored the goal that got us our first win

He is meant to be a creative player yet was instructed to play left wing-back by Pardew. How is that his fault ?

Any attack minded player under Pardew is impossible to analyse. Simple as.

Riviere must be f***ing class then

Man I wish he wasn't injured. He'd definitely look better than he showed last year.

Man I wish he wasn't injured. He'd definitely look better than he showed last year.

Christ, I was joking :lol:

I'm not. Feel a bit bad for that guy.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_3514_1372856851.png

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_3514_1372856851.png

:lol:

Yes, when I think about Riviere it's just like that.

Yeah because us going 7 games without a win was Cabella's fault.

I think Cabella has more than enough chance to prove his value, and I don't think he performed badly.  However, it is clear that he isn't Ben arfa who can change the game on his own.  He is not a miss or bust consider his price but what we need is a fucking bargain like Cabaye who cost pennies but perform like 20m superstars.  I understand why some ppl feel disappointed and I do think Thauvin is a better fit for that game changing role, the one previously played by Ben Arfa.

The point is he was managed terribly when trying to adjust to a better, more physical league.  It was MYM all over again but not quite as bad.