Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest zicomartin

Title should be Rémy Cabella, no?

with an 'acute' on the 'e'

Its probably that that's jinxing him, as well as the shit coaching obviously.

Will judge him when he finally gets his chance at his natural no.10 position. You can't play on the wing when you've got the acceleration of a continent

Personally I think his acceleration is his chief asset.

When he's in the opposition half I'm excited. When he's in our own half I'm terrified.

Involved in most our best and most of our worst stuff today.

I agree. He can get past people, but he's equally likely to lose the ball cheaply. It's all a bit random because his touch on the ball isn't that great.

He played a ball that was like a chop-pass that actually looked really good, but I still am not sure why it was precisely necessary and he does tend to try little flicks or weird passes in our own half when you really just want it kept simple. Save that stuff for tight areas.

I also feel a bit conflicted by his physicality, or lack there of. On the one hand, he is very lightweight and just because he's little doesn't mean he isn't getting fouled when people go into the back of him and such, but he also doesn't help himself when he's been fairly tackled and he still flails around. There were times yesterday I think he was genuinely brought down but no foul was given because of all the times he just loses out by being weak.

Still think he needs to be in the team every week mind.

God this annoys me, what the fuck do some people expect? :lol: Yes he was better against Chelsea as they didn't defend with as many players behind the ball like Southampton did, and in that game the whole team moved the ball around a lot quicker compared to yesterday.

Cabella was one of two, yes only one of two creative players in our side with any kind of real quality. It was obvious that Koeman saw Cabella and Perez as our main threat. With Southampton only having to take out two of our players to nullify most of our threat. Them defending with so many men automatically took out Sissoko as well. I rate Sissoko but when there's pretty much no space at all to break into he doesn't offer much as he's very far away from being a good playmaker. They were tight and organised and with us only having two creative players on the pitch and the whole team being too static with a slow passing tempo it was never going to be easy to unlock their defensive wall.

It's easy to say that this or that player didn't do much without looking at the bigger picture, and the reasons behind it. Imo Cabella was our best player yesterday. When HBA didn't destroy teams all by himself and the whole team didn't function he got a lot of stick as well.

Personally i like players who try and make a difference, instead of playing it safe all the fucking time.

S'hampton came to sit deep and knick a goal or two and they did it.  It would take something vwry slick to unlock that defence with small forwards and Cabella was involved each time we almost pulled it off - once leading to the goal.

The goal was one of the luckiest things I've ever seen, hardly slick

S'hampton came to sit deep and knick a goal or two and they did it.  It would take something vwry slick to unlock that defence with small forwards and Cabella was involved each time we almost pulled it off - once leading to the goal.

The goal was one of the luckiest things I've ever seen, hardly slick

The bit before that and the idea for the pass was one of the few teams we looked likely to trouble their CB's.

Guest Roger Kint

Talksport reporting that he's a genuine target for Swansea

:lol: Nah, they were playing a joke game linking random players to random clubs using a dart board.

The moose actually said at the start it was a 'true rumour' :lol:

The dart board is to decide whether the transfer is going to happen or not and whether it's a loan or permanent transfer I think.

I'm pretty sure they use real transfer rumours though.

Either way, it's Talksport so like everything else on there it's probably shite.