Remy Cabella

Yaron

Ayoze - Cisse - Cabella

--------De Jong---------

----Sissoko-Abeid------

Basically Abeid needs to sit, Cabella, De Jong and Ayoze moving in and around to get into spaces and scoring positions. One can only dream. Rolando getting in there as a sub or in cases that Cisse needs a rest.

I think De Jong would have to play deeper as a CM if we went with those players. Not enough balance otherwise imo.

If teams start paying extra attention to him then hopefully that means more space for Sissoko, Perez and De Jong if he can get fit and stay fit.

I do have similar concerns though.

The other players need to be coached on how to exploit that extra space though.  One of the problems we had with HBA was that teams would double up on him but we didn't exploit the extra space because all the players were concerned with was holding their shape and staying solid.  Whether or not they'll get that coaching I don't know.  I doubt it with the current setup.

If teams start paying extra attention to him then hopefully that means more space for Sissoko, Perez and De Jong if he can get fit and stay fit.

I do have similar concerns though.

The other players need to be coached on how to exploit that extra space though.  One of the problems we had with HBA was that teams would double up on him but we didn't exploit the extra space because all the players were concerned with was holding their shape and staying solid.  Whether or not they'll get that coaching I don't know.  I doubt it with the current setup.

well said

one good thing about cabella from his YT vids in france (:yao:) and what we've seen of him here is while he's not as gifted as HBA he gets his head up a lot more and is often looking for a pass to a teammate, if we get people running off him at pace then i think it will reap dividends

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Just imagine coming here as Cabella from Montpellier and then being coached by John Carver and Steve Stone man.

Playing 4-3-3 since the age of eight, pass and move and all that then just thrown to the mercy of our clogger set up. It must take a strong character to survive coming here as your first move abroad. The most bemused must be Vurnon Anita. He's probably forgot more about decent coaching than our 3 stooges know combined.

Cabella was always going to struggle early doors but the recent signs are encouraging. Even though he's a bit of a Ronaldo wannabe, he takes a good kicking and gets on with it a lot better than I expected. Now he's realised he's up to the battle his quality is starting to show through. If Aarons ever recovers from Pardiola rushing him back then we could be in for a couple of decent wingers soon.

They're pronouncing his name wrong. He's not Spanish. His father is Italian, it's an Italian name, the "ella" is pronounced like it's spelled, like in Montella for example.

Gets right on my nerves on FIFA this.

The stupid thing is that the LL is pronounced in French as well.

His dad is Italian, mother Corsican. His name is Italian.

Yes, but he was brought up in Corsica. Names frequently change pronounciation when they are brought up in a different culture, e.g. Sebastian Coates and Phil Jagielka. The only way to know how to prounce it really is to ask Remy

COAHHTEZZZ gets me every time like. His da' must be mortified.

More like his great great grandad I think. Be surprising to say the least if he's still kicking about.

I mean.. his dad is English or Scottish so I assumed that he'd probably pronounce it like a Scot would...

COAHHTEZZZ gets me every time like. His da' must be mortified.

More like his great great grandad I think. Be surprising to say the least if he's still kicking about.

I mean.. his dad is English or Scottish so I assumed that he'd probably pronounce it like a Scot would...

Nah his dad is Uruguayan, the name goes back to when they first rocked up in Uruguay generations ago. Think that stuff about him being able to play for Scotland was bull.

"In reality, my roots are Scottish," the Liverpool centre-back opened up in an interview with The Guardian ahead of the meeting with England.

"The family came here from Scotland three or four generations back. The first one to come to Uruguay, the first Coates, came by boat from Liverpool."