Remy Cabella

Yaron

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m3 minutes ago

Rémy Cabella's father: "My son is happy at Newcastle. We've had no discussions with Marseille or anyone." (L'Équipe)

Good as gone, then.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m3 minutes ago

Rémy Cabella's father: "My son is happy at Newcastle. We've had no discussions with Marseille or anyone." (L'Équipe)

Good as gone, then.

Already given up about leaving us. Not much fight in him tbh.

This whole 'he's not built for the Premier League' line is constantly peddled by morons and has-been former 80s era players.

Go and tell David Silva, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Gianfranco Zola, Bojan, Christian Eriksen etc etc. that they're not built for the Premier League you ignorant pricks.

A bit of decent coaching and management will see Cabella come good.

I do think he's quite physically limited, but he can learn to survive. People like Hazard and Silva are much stronger and have better balance. Remy needs to learn to get into gaps and stay away from opponents.

It's just far too easy for people (who should know better) to say he's not strong enough or big enough. He's plenty big enough and has enough skill and technical ability to be effective in this league. He just needs to be coached to do the right things at the right times, something Carver and the other dinosaurs were never going to be able to do. 

Under our new coaching setup i'm sure we'll see a different Cabella to the one we saw last season.

I do think he's quite physically limited, but he can learn to survive. People like Hazard and Silva are much stronger and have better balance. Remy needs to learn to get into gaps and stay away from opponents.

Aye this is it really. He can learn to do it but he's a world away from Hazard, Silva & Mata physically, mentally and perhaps even technically. None of them have this propensity to hit the deck at the slightest brush of contact. Hazard is dynamite over short distances, he has power. Silva is deceptively strong and has great balance. Cabs? Not so much.

At the end of the day, at Montpellier, he played as a central attacking midfielder, playing quick passes, and playing one twos, rarely going shoulder to shoulder and especially not on the wing. He never consistently took people on the way Hatem did, or the way players like Hazard can. It's not his style and never has been, so to expect him to take to the PL and start playing that style is stupid to the nth degree.

If we, as a team, learn to pass the ball more and involve more off the ball movement, I can immediately see him stepping it up a level, due to the reduced physicality he would face.

This whole 'he's not built for the Premier League' line is constantly peddled by morons and has-been former 80s era players.

Go and tell David Silva, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Gianfranco Zola, Bojan, Christian Eriksen etc etc. that they're not built for the Premier League you ignorant pricks.

agree. crossing my fingers that mcclaren rates him and convince him that he should stay and give it another go!

Cant blame him much. in a better (attacking) team he could be good an exciting to watch imo

I agree.

I'm just not sure he's good enough.