Remy Cabella

Yaron

Good move for Cabella.

:thup:

He will no doubt play centrally as a #10, as OM still have Alessandrini as an out and out winger. Ocampos can play across that entire attacking midfield. Just easier to accommodate him in there thread bare squad after all the sales.

I don't personally want him out, But I think him 'apparently' being injured pre season has let Charnely or somebody get the better side of McClarens judgement, as he has not seen him play yet and was willing to give everyone a clean slate. Unfortunate.

Good luck to the lad. He won't be back seeing as the loan has an obligation to buy, similar to MYM and Santon.

Good move for Cabella.

:thup:

He will no doubt play centrally as a #10, as OM still have Alessandrini as an out and out winger. Ocampos can play across that entire attacking midfield. Just easier to accommodate him in there thread bare squad after all the sales.

I don't personally want him out, But I think him 'apparently' being injured pre season has let Charnely or somebody get the better side of McClarens judgement, as he has not seen him play yet and was willing to give everyone a clean slate. Unfortunate.

Good luck to the lad. He won't be back seeing as the loan has an obligation to buy, similar to MYM and Santon.

Option, not obligation

Option, not obligation

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France  6h6 hours ago

Latest whispers are that Rémy Cabella's loan to Marseille will have a buy-out option that will be obligatory & worth €9m.

Seems it's mixed opinions by different sources.

Awful decision. Cant judge him on last season really. Would've wanted him to get at least another season to show what he has to offer.

I'm a bit gutted tbh, thought he never had a chance playing in his preferred place in his preferred system. Think with some time and confidence he could of been a good player for us, likeable guy as well hope he does well back in France.

I'm quite sad about him leaving especially as he seemingly wanted to stay.  Seemed a really likeable guy and always looked happy.

Think of all those players that struggled in their first season e.g. Bergkampf, Henry, Drogba.  It would have been interesting to see how Cabella would have done with a season behind him. 

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin looked at Rémy Cabella’s decision to return to Marseille and France after a difficult spell with Newcastle.

He had the following to say:

“It proves that he is not stupid. It is the best possible thing for him to do, to quit Newcastle… he should have never gone over there. Compared to Thauvin? There isn’t even a competition… He (Cabella) is on another level and has a better attitude as well.”

Wasn't Thauvin our first choice ahead of Cabella in the first place, then when we couldn't do the deal we moved on to Cabella? I do rate Cabella btw, just think he's not as much a genuine winger so Thauvin will probably be a better fit for what we need.