Remy Cabella

Yaron

Newcastle United: The Novel

Chapter 874.

Joe opens his eyelid, and the light swarms in through the crack. A heavy weight lies on his head and a dry taste fills his mouth and throat. Contemplating nodding off again, his attention is drawn to the real reason for his awakening, a sharp rap on the door of his desk.

"Who is it?" Grunts Joe.

"It's Alan" comes the response.

Joe hastily grabs his bottle of bourbon and places it in the drawer of his desk as Alan enters. Alan speaks but Joe is not listening, drifting away and recalling the night before when he found the Jules Rimet trophy in a local bin.

Realising that Alan is expecting a reply to whatever Alan just said, Joe suggests that they talk it over in the pub after training.

Later that day at the Kings Head, Alan tells Joe about the need to sign Remy on a permanent deal and give Cabaye a new contract. Alan leaves the pub after a pint but Joe does not leave and phones Gazza.

Several pints and rejections later, Joe tries George Best at home but there is no reply. On the realisation that he's probably done for the night, he worries that he will forget what Alan asked him. But Joe is much better than that and writes the players names on the back of his hand.

Two days later, Joe notices a doodle on the back of his hand. Barely legible, he can make out Remy, but the other name is a mess, the Cab fading away into nothing. But Joe will not be beaten and asks the work experience kid to help him out.

Satisfied that he's got his man, Joe phones best friend Simon Bird to tell him he's on the verge of something, but would he like a pint first?

How long did that take you? Do you realise you'll never get that time back?

Haterz gon' hate.

Can you please post the previous 873 chapters please? Is there a Fifty Shades of Grey homage in there somewhere?

Chapter 874.

Joe opens his eyelid, and the light swarms in through the crack. A heavy weight lies on his head and a dry taste fills his mouth and throat. Contemplating nodding off again, his attention is drawn to the real reason for his awakening, a sharp rap on the door of his desk.

"Who is it?" Grunts Joe.

Joe hastily grabs his bottle of bourbon and places it in the drawer of his desk as Alan enters. Alan speaks but Joe is not listening, drifting away and recalling the night before when he found the Jules Rimet trophy in a local bin.

Realising that Alan is expecting a reply to whatever Alan just said, Joe suggests that they talk it over in the pub after training.

Later that day at the Kings Head, Alan tells Joe about the need to sign Remy on a permanent deal and give Cabaye a new contract. Alan leaves the pub after a pint but Joe does not leave and phones Gazza.

Several pints and rejections later, Joe tries George Best at home but there is no reply. On the realisation that he's probably done for the night, he worries that he will forget what Alan asked him. But Joe is much better than that and writes the players names on the back of his hand.

Two days later, Joe notices a doodle on the back of his hand. Barely legible, he can make out Remy, but the other name is a mess, the Cab fading away into nothing. But Joe will not be beaten and asks the work experience kid to help him out.

Satisfied that he's got his man, Joe phones best friend Simon Bird to tell him he's on the verge of something, but would he like a pint first?

Hate this kind of s****, its up there with the 'ring ring........hello?...hello?' type 'jokes' at this time of year.

nee offence James, you seem sound, but, ya na.

Chapter 874.

"Who is it?" Grunts Joe.

How long did that take you? Do you realise you'll never get that time back?

Guest reefatoon

Poor James, that went down like a lead balloon,  he would tell you all to fuck off, but for the chronic finger spasms off typing piles of wallop.

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm almost definitely on the verge of giving a shit about this.

If we want to sign him, then we should probably go and sign him.

Every transfer window I don't want t care but sadly it just happens. Would love is to sign him but such public statements from his club is bound to get the extra interest they want and will probably see us move on.

I see it us preparing/being on the verge of making a bid being like Dame Sally Markham from Little Britain.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/29/df/000edf29_medium.png

"Take note, Joseph.  Dear Mr. Nicollin, I Mike Ashley, want to make a bid for one of your players.  The End.  Read it back to me, Joseph..."

:lol:

I see it us preparing/being on the verge of making a bid being like Dame Sally Markham from Little Britain.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/29/df/000edf29_medium.png

"Take note, Joseph.  Dear Mr. Nicollin, I Mike Ashley, want to make a bid for one of your players.  The End.  Read it back to me, Joseph..."

:lol:

Fucking fantastic :lol:

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm almost definitely on the verge of giving a s*** about this.

If we want to sign him, then we should probably go and sign him.

I feel exactly the same. Couldn't give a shite. Season is effectively over anyway.

What does this potential signing do to HBA? don't they play same position?

Another French speaker on the bench?

:lol: :thup:

I love the idea that Pardew is keen on the signing, if he's an attacking midfielder that can't tackle he'll be fucking gutted.

I guess the thread is warranted given the media speculation. Not a chance he will end up here though. French clubs are sick of us taking the piss, I would expect the same situation as Gomis to play out here. We will put in a low ball bid over the next couple of days, which will get rejected, then we will sit and play transfer chicken to the last week of January where his club will completely rule out the sale and he will commit to them until the summer.