Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think the Montpelier president will just spit out some kind of Jabba the hutt laugh whilst chewing on a whole goat no matter what our bid is.

He genuinely thinks we're taking the piss I reckon. 

Our last bid was half of their valuation :lol:, no way will this one be accepted.

Was £7.5m and they say they want £12m right?  They might accept £10m but I doubt thats the current bid..

Our last bid was half of their valuation :lol:, no way will this one be accepted.

Was £7.5m and they say they want £12m right?  They might accept £10m but I doubt thats the current bid..

Nicollin said he was glad they turned down our £6.5m bid IIRC. If we've gone anywhere close to £8m I'd be surprised, for us that's a big lay out.

Would be very surprised if we were to spend big on a striker if this deal does somehow go through.

What's the contract situation with this Lacazette guy? More than a year left at his current club?

I agree with what was said that if Cabella comes then that'll be our lot, at least in terms of biggish spending. I'm still not massively confident over this deal yet either. Force of habit.

Chronicle reporting that Montpellier are considering a £12m bid from us.

Chronicle reporting a £12m bid and Shields Gazette reporting a £9.5m bid  :lol:

Idiots getting their euros and pounds mixed up again?

Chronicle reporting that Montpellier are considering a £12m bid from us.

Chronicle reporting a £12m bid and Shields Gazette reporting a £9.5m bid  :lol:

Idiots getting their euros and pounds mixed up again?

They are gfn reported 12million euro I'm sure they are just riding off the back of that

Why is there a continued mixing up of Euros and Pounds with all of these papers. It's quite incredible.

Anyway, pretty sure we'll sign this guy now, which is pretty cool. Still need to get an out and out striker soon. Bit worrying that since Lassoga, we haven't been linked with anyone else. Don't really see Lacazette as a lone front man with De jong playing off him.