Remy Cabella

Yaron

Still can't see them accepting this offer so its probaby going to take one more, which will likely take us another few weeks.

I think they will since he seems pretty set on coming here. Seems as if other clubs are not interested or have pretty much accepted he's going to Newcastle.

Still can't see them accepting this offer so its probaby going to take one more, which will likely take us another few weeks.

I think they will since he seems pretty set on coming here. Seems as if other clubs are not interested or have pretty much accepted he's going to Newcastle.

I do find it odd that no other clubs have expressed interest in him though. If he is all we have been made to think he is, surely some CL clubs would have tried to take him? 12 million (euros or pounds) is hardly much for an international French winger who is supposedly good enough to replace the creativity of cabaye

Some other clubs, like Arsenal for instance who have also been linked, probably have him down as a backup option if they don't get their first choice.  That doesn't mean he isn't a very good player, just not as proven as their first choice (Alexis Sanchez perhaps in Arsenals case?).  Its still quite early in the window so we need to take this chance to get him now before other clubs come along.

I do find it odd that no other clubs have expressed interest in him though. If he is all we have been made to think he is, surely some CL clubs would have tried to take him? 12 million (euros or pounds) is hardly much for an international French winger who is supposedly good enough to replace the creativity of cabaye

It's the risk factor though.  He's proved he can do it at Montpelier but can he do it at a bigger club and in a different country.  It was the same with Cabaye and Debuchy.  Lots of clubs were interested in them and Debuchy especially was linked with bigger clubs before he came to us but none decided to take the risk.  In coming to Newcastle, both players have proved they can excel in the Premier League so those bigger clubs will now see them as a safe bet.  If Debuchy's first few months with us had been at a bigger club, he probably would not have been given the time to adapt.

I think we'll actually get him this time. Will be an honour seeing him grace an Arsenal shirt for the second half of the 15/16 season as he plays his way into the France team for his home tournament.

Likewise, thought it all along because it's the transfer that makes the least sense to me of them all. Intrigued to see how he'll fit in especially that we've already strengthened in one of his key positions and HBA doesn't seem shiftable.

I think we'll actually get him this time. Will be an honour seeing him grace an Arsenal shirt for the second half of the 15/16 season as he plays his way into the France team for his home tournament.

Likewise, thought it all along because it's the transfer that makes the least sense to me of them all. Intrigued to see how he'll fit in especially that we've already strengthened in one of his key positions and HBA doesn't seem shiftable.

Cabela and de Jong don't play in the same position. de Jong is either instead of Grenier, or instead of another forward, or less likely a replacement for Sissoko.

Cabela and de Jong don't play in the same position. de Jong is either instead of Grenier, or instead of another forward, or less likely a replacement for Sissoko.

Righto.

Stop picking on him because of his weight man

First it's Cabella*

Second, they are both number 10s, except Cabella is more of a dribbler you spoon.

I'll be amazed if he's not played on the wing for us.

This, absolutely odds on De Jong or Cabella will spend a considerable amount of time on RW

Who will be CAM then?  Or are you assuming one will be CAM and one RW? Cause that'd make sense, to me (Cabella RW)

This, absolutely odds on De Jong or Cabella will spend a considerable amount of time on RW

Who will be CAM then?  Or are you assuming one will be CAM and one RW? Cause that'd make sense, to me (Cabella RW)

I was going to be smart and say Elliot, but one or the other in both positions.

de Jong will be in the middle, Cabella will be on either the right or the left. I think his position will change from one side to the other, like he does now with Montpellier.

I think Cabella will be on the wing almost nailed on. I wouldn't bet against De Jong being used there at some point though, you know how Pardew likes his CMs on the wing as he believes it gives him defensive stability.

I'll be even more amazed if he actually looks like a winger when he plays there. He could well turn out to be a Gouffran winger though which should save pards having too scratch his head too hard fitting him into his line up.

Guest reefatoon

You get this feeling that de Jong will play striker first match of season. Cabella / Sissoko right. Gouffran left. Anita, Colback and Tiote in middle.

I am still expecting Sissoko to be gone before the first game.

At 12m it should be interesting to see Pardew justify leaving him out of the team and making him train with the reserves for making Old Mike and Blobby feel untalented.

Or waiting 6 month to start him in a game, maybe then bringing him in at left back and crying when he sets up 6 goals but doesn't track back.

I don't have much of a problem with Cabella on the wing tbh, it's been said before but he's Ben Arfa like although he's better in the middle than Ben Arfa is.

De Jong on the other hand.... He shouldn't play anywhere except behind the striker.