Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Meanwhile Ashley's laughing his cock off at you. Money for nothing. He does what the fuck he likes, even when it deliberately makes the team worse, and you keep piling cash in his pocket for it.

You cannot criticise people for going to the match - everyone has their reasons for going, some taking their kids, some it's a form of escape (good or bad) from daily life, others (like the guy I sit next to) have been going since the 70s - it's in his DNA to go.

I honestly don't believe he would care if attendance figure dropped as the TV is that much these days.

What I think he would/does care about is bad publicity - he even dragged himself in from of a House of Commons committee to defend himself.  We need coordinated protests - in numbers - like Liverpool fans did.  It needs to make the national press - not the likes of the Chronicle for him to care.  And it needs to be constant until he's gone.  And stop shopping at SD in Northumberland street.

You said it yourself, it wasn't newsworthy. Ours would be.

Why would it be?  Ellis Short shafted Sunderland - people stopped going - it took them to drop to League One before he left. Yet it barely made the press.

You said it yourself, it wasn't newsworthy. Ours would be.

Why would it be?  Ellis Short shafted Sunderland - people stopped going - it took them to drop to League One before he left. Yet it barely made the press.

We've barely done it; the Spurs boycott resulted in the following summer being our most active under Ashley. It needs to be done again as no one knows if it'll have impact or not, but going off what's happened in the past, it will.

I'll be taking part in any demonstrations but I'm going to games again this season. Hopefully it will be my last season with me hopefully getting into university (and I'll be going if/when Rafa does failing that regardless) but I'm not going to let my dad go on his own, especially with what happened to him in January just gone. But protests, boycotts and the like, just like the Spurs demonstration 3 years ago, the Sack Pardew thing, we'll be taking part in. If that makes me or my dad Ashley-facilitating wongaloid Pardew deserving scum like I've read on here sometimes in the eyes of some then oh well.

Meanwhile Ashley's laughing his cock off at you. Money for nothing. He does what the fuck he likes, even when it deliberately makes the team worse, and you keep piling cash in his pocket for it.

You cannot criticise people for going to the match - everyone has their reasons for going, some taking their kids, some it's a form of escape (good or bad) from daily life, others (like the guy I sit next to) have been going since the 70s - it's in his DNA to go.

I honestly don't believe he would care if attendance figure dropped as the TV is that much these days.

What I think he would/does care about is bad publicity - he even dragged himself in from of a House of Commons committee to defend himself.  We need coordinated protests - in numbers - like Liverpool fans did.  It needs to make the national press - not the likes of the Chronicle for him to care.  And it needs to be constant until he's gone.  And stop shopping at SD in Northumberland street.

All I stated was a fact. Ashley is laughing at you, and everyone who turns up. He definitely bought the right club. German fans will boycott games if they put €5 on the ticket prices, we've had the absolute piss taken for more than ten years and the place is still packed. That man thinking "What mugs this lot are, I take a shit on their lawn and they pay me for the privilege" should be more than enough reason to walk.

So, last season, my Dad, my 10-year-old son and I all had season tickets.

For whatever reason, I was on one end, Dad in the middle, son on the other end. This season, my Dad didn’t renew, but I figured I would see out Rafa’s last year. So wrote to the box office asking them to bump the boy along one.

No problem, they say, just get your Dad to send an email confirming he’s not renewing, we’ll sort it out.

You’ll never guess what’s happened? They didn’t do the move, and have sold the seat between us. I know it’s not an unbridgeable gap - I can just ask the person in that seat to swap with one of us - but I guess this is a much needed reminder of the utter crapness that pervades the club from top to bottom.

For whatever reason, I was on one end, Dad in the middle, son on the other end. This season, my Dad didn’t renew, but I figured I would see out Rafa’s last year. So wrote to the box office asking them to bump the boy along one.

No problem, they say, just get your Dad to send an email confirming he’s not renewing, we’ll sort it out.

You’ll never guess what’s happened? They didn’t do the move, and have sold the seat between us. I know it’s not an unbridgeable gap - I can just ask the person in that seat to swap with one of us - but I guess this is a much needed reminder of the utter crapness that pervades the club from top to bottom.

I had a similar experience when renewing - absolute shambles.

That said, after today it was all pointless. I can’t be chucking 120quid a month at this when we are sitting 20million in profit. Direct debit getting cancelled.

I had a similar experience when renewing - absolute shambles.

That said, after today it was all pointless. I can’t be chucking 120quid a month at this when we are sitting 20million in profit. Direct debit getting cancelled.

That’s it in a nutshell isn’t it. It’s not just whether you’re there to clap or not. It’s your hard earned.

Just can’t agree with you in my opinion people stop going would impact both financially (too late now tickets sold - though they could cancel their direct debit ) and will also get the media heavily focussed on what’s going on. Not going to argue and rant about people who do go but in my opinion they deserve all they get l. I wouldn’t even mind if they ensured a real hostile atmosphere towards the regime but they don’t.

not the right thread and i must ask this too often but how far in advance do tickets go on sale?  looking at my schedule the only home game i can make would be leicester on 29th september for a few months so will be desperate to get tickets...fancy taking the bairn to a proper game and attending whatever protests are on that day

is it worth paying for membership?  when i tried to get tickets on general sale last year was a pain in the hoop, could only buy two as well i think

really reluctant to give the c*** anymore of my money like

If you are planning on going to most games then you pretty much need to be a member to get tickets esp for the bigger teams, that was the case last season anyway, i'm not even sure if it was sold out yesterday though.

Personally i am boycotting the games this season.

is it worth paying for membership?  when i tried to get tickets on general sale last year was a pain in the hoop, could only buy two as well i think

really reluctant to give the c*** anymore of my money like

If you are planning on going to most games then you pretty much need to be a member to get tickets esp for the bigger teams, that was the case last season anyway, i'm not even sure if it was sold out yesterday though.

Personally i am boycotting the games this season.

Spurs went to general sale (didn't sell out), Chelsea is now on general sale, and Arsenal goes on general sale on Tuesday.

All 3 fixtures sold out last season to members.