Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

The big picture is cancelling season tickets will make zero difference.

Makes a difference to me. I'm now £628 better off!

You and your like aren't the bigger picture. I've no problem with anyone wants out. It's personal choice.

Seems a few giving up after the Chelsea game. It was so poor I can see how it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If only we had tried.

You and your like aren't the bigger picture. I've no problem with anyone wants out. It's personal choice.

Seems a few giving up after the Chelsea game. It was so poor I can see how it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If only we had tried.

Yet none of them said it was because of the game, funny that.

Yet, they cancelled since Sunday.

No joy taken in the lads who have announced they have cancelled and I know it's not easy turning your back on something whch is a massive part of your life. To me the clubs support is too split for anything to make a real difference. Hats off to those who take the time to attend the SD protests and the ones who voice their opinions on matchday. Unfortunately we have just too many fans sitting on their backsides doing nothing either because they agree with Ashleys assessment of what he has done (unreal but there are a few), too scared of missing out on their 'social image' and others as they think they are 'superfans'. It needs 000s to either boycott the match or give Ashley non stop barrage at the match from the 1st minute to the last. Will it happen not a chance (and that including when Rafa goes). People are blinded that they can't see that a short term hit could give a long term reward. Sad times the average Newcastle supporter of today is totally different to the one I grew up with.

You don't have to miss the social side of it either though. Next season I'll not be renewing, i've already paid for it in full back in April so I'll still go this season. But next season I'll still go into town on matchdays and watch on the tele in the pub.

Been going since 1985 and only missed two seasons since. FWIW I thought Rafa did what he had to do on Sunday and my decision to cancel isn't based on that. There's just no point anymore. I just about wrapped when Pardew was there, but then Rafa gave some hope. It's actually quite bad to see how 3 people regarded highly in the game have been treated by a man who clearly isn't a fit and proper person to own a football club. I firmly believe his modus operandi since Keegan left has been to suck every last bit of enjoyment out of the club. It's baffling that the likes of Pardew and MacLaren have been backed with the kind of money that would see Rafa have us there or there abouts, yet he has chosen to starve him of the funds and then set about using his media chums to discredit the bloke.

I'll be back when Ashley's gone, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for this being any time soon

Yet, they cancelled since Sunday.

Well, if you actually thought about it sensibly it’s because most peoples (including mine) next direct debit payment is due on the 1st of the month. I was seeing what happened in the transfer window before I cancelled.

The bigger picture is that the club don't try, and haven't tried for a decade now. That's what most people's problem is, not a narrow defeat against one of the title contenders.

I'm a bit lost here like, how can you cancel it when we have already had two home games? Is 1 September the deadline to renew/not renew? Paid for the first two games seperatley?

Most people are on DD, so we pay over the course of the year. If you cancel the DD then the club cancels the season ticket.

I'm a bit lost here like, how can you cancel it when we have already had two home games? Is 1 September the deadline to renew/not renew? Paid for the first two games seperatley?

Most people are on DD, so we pay over the course of the year. If you cancel the DD then the club cancels the season ticket.

I didn't know that, i just assumed you pay for the season in one go.

I'm surprised Ashley allows monthly installments tbh.

I didn't know that, i just assumed you pay for the season in one go.

I'm surprised Ashley allows monthly installments tbh.

You have the to option to pay all at once if you wish, however I guess to a lot of people the ability to pay over 10 months is easier. When season tickets now cost the best part of £1k I guess you really need to offer DD payment options, otherwise your limiting the amount of tickets you can sell, especially when football is traditionally a working class sport.

And aye, for the record, I didn’t cancel because of Sunday’s performance. Like Bingo states, Rafa and our players are the pretty much the only thing keeping the place from falling apart. I hate to imagine who they’ll bring in once Rafa leaves.

Great but sad post on Facebook;

Cancelled my NUFC season ticket with immediate effect this morning, as I've had enough. It's sad to see the manager trying to compete with cheap buys, loans, frees and kids against virtually every other club in the PL who are prepared to spend money. I've seen it a lot worse than this in my 40 odd years there, but we didn't have any money back then....no excuses for this deliberate sabotage.

There's little or no investment in the squad, the training ground is an embarrassment, and SJP has turned into a neglected, decaying shit tip, he literally coundn't give a toss. The club is an empty shell that exists purely to promote his tawdry charver tat shop, and he is diverting NUFC funds directly into their tills via the merchandise. I'm sick of Ashley's lies and broken promises and now after a summer of trying to undermine any progress made, he's waging a PR campaign via his media acolytes against his own fans and a thoroughly decent man like Rafa Benitez...he, his staff, and the players are literally the only decent thing about the club anymore. With so much to discuss, the club then cancels the Supporters Forum meeting at less than 24 hours notice. Shameful.

Fuck that, I'm out.....will now dedicate my life into the downfall of Mike Ashley and Sportsdirect like some radgie buddhist ninja.

#AshleyOut #WheresTheMoneyMike

Cancelled my NUFC season ticket with immediate effect this morning, as I've had enough. It's sad to see the manager trying to compete with cheap buys, loans, frees and kids against virtually every other club in the PL who are prepared to spend money. I've seen it a lot worse than this in my 40 odd years there, but we didn't have any money back then....no excuses for this deliberate sabotage.

There's little or no investment in the squad, the training ground is an embarrassment, and SJP has turned into a neglected, decaying shit tip, he literally coundn't give a toss. The club is an empty shell that exists purely to promote his tawdry charver tat shop, and he is diverting NUFC funds directly into their tills via the merchandise. I'm sick of Ashley's lies and broken promises and now after a summer of trying to undermine any progress made, he's waging a PR campaign via his media acolytes against his own fans and a thoroughly decent man like Rafa Benitez...he, his staff, and the players are literally the only decent thing about the club anymore. With so much to discuss, the club then cancels the Supporters Forum meeting at less than 24 hours notice. Shameful.

Fuck that, I'm out.....will now dedicate my life into the downfall of Mike Ashley and Sportsdirect like some radgie buddhist ninja.

Very true. Shame you and others won't do the same

My big issue is losing all of my away loyalty points but I'll come to that next summer

My big issue is losing all of my away loyalty points but I'll come to that next summer

this is literally one of the only reasons im still going at the minute along with the hope that i can take my son in a few years but to be honest i really dont want to subject him to it at the moment

the match and NUFC are really really frustrating but i like seeing my pals every other week and IF IF IF he ever leaves and we ever get somewhere... being at the bottom of the pile for tickets would kill me

this season is my 28th as a season ticket holder... im 33

this season is my 28th as a season ticket holder... im 33

Wew, brilliant that.