Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

is it worth paying for membership?  when i tried to get tickets on general sale last year was a pain in the hoop, could only buy two as well i think

really reluctant to give the c*** anymore of my money like

If you are planning on going to most games then you pretty much need to be a member to get tickets esp for the bigger teams, that was the case last season anyway, i'm not even sure if it was sold out yesterday though.

Personally i am boycotting the games this season.

Spurs went to general sale (didn't sell out), Chelsea is now on general sale, and Arsenal goes on general sale on Tuesday.

All 3 fixtures sold out last season to members.

Urgh. A member was going to buy for me but they can only get two.

• 2 weeks later...

My first (and probably last) game today and notice that in the bar1892 they’ve replaced the stickers with the opposition/date and time on with a cheap night club style wristband. Can only assume this is another effort to save a couple of quid?

Not regretting cancelling my season ticket in the summer one bit. Watching it on the telly the atmosphere sounded flat as a fart and the fans were all sat there looking bored and miserable. Once again the outcome was largely decided by the referee.

So glad I didn't fork out £628 for that.

Not regretting cancelling my season ticket in the summer one bit. Watching it on the telly the atmosphere sounded flat as a fart and the fans were all sat there looking bored and miserable. Once again the outcome was largely decided by the referee.

Was the outcome not decided by the managers tactics? Do you seriously think we deserved anything from that abberation?

Was the outcome not decided by the managers tactics? Do you seriously think we deserved anything from that abberation?

So what tactics would you have played with those players to beat that Chelsea team?

We could have had a bit more of a go at them, like Huddersfield did and it might well have been game over by half time. We're a very limited team put together on a shoestring budget. Not sure what the manager can do. It's not half as frustrating now I no longer make a financial commitment to the club.

Guest chopey

Everyone just seems worn out, Ashley has won, players will leave, Rafa will leave, fans will stop going, commercial income will plummet even further and we will just go back to sleep under a grey blanket of a crumbling St James park

Ashley has won ..................is this really the victory the fact fucka wants ?

Everyone just seems worn out, Ashley has won, players will leave, Rafa will leave, fans will stop going, commercial income will plummet even further and we will just go back to sleep under a grey blanket of a crumbling St James park

Ashley has won ..................is this really the victory the fact fucka wants ?

The only way Ashley will leave is when it no longer a massive cash cow for himself personally or for his shit tat company.

Think relegation. Think not coming back up. Think SAFCs predicament.

Then you'll see him shift it sharp. Trouble is folk would rather see us grind out 38 points and stay on Ashley's favourite gravy train. Getting rid of him could take 3 to 5 years out of the premiership. He won't be trousering £20m every transfer window and shit tat emporium won't be getting any coverage of note stuck on channel 5 on a Saturday night.

Short of his helicopter dropping out the sky that's the only way he's leaving.

Guest Howaythetoon

Or those that buy ST’s need to stop buying them... kind of agree with you btw, as long as we are a functioning PL club that stays up and has full or near full gates he isn’t going anywhere and as has been shown just doing the bear minimum is enough to keep people buying those tickets etc.

I've sacked my ticket off. 

Was going to see it out for Rafa, but I just have absolutely no wish to go to SJP at the moment.  Sat halfway through the game on Saturday looking at the sky thinking wtf is the point.  I've become more and more disillusioned with football in general, and truthfully only watched around 8 world cup matches.

£89pm (£20ish hike) for something that despite best efforts from Rafa, is only going to end in tears. 

I'll leave it on a semi high of last season and sack it off.  13 years down the pan. I'll be back when we have an owner who gives a fuck.

Was going to see it out for Rafa, but I just have absolutely no wish to go to SJP at the moment.  Sat halfway through the game on Saturday looking at the sky thinking wtf is the point.  I've become more and more disillusioned with football in general, and truthfully only watched around 8 world cup matches.

£89pm (£20ish hike) for something that despite best efforts from Rafa, is only going to end in tears. 

I'll leave it on a semi high of last season and sack it off.  13 years down the pan. I'll be back when we have an owner who gives a fuck.

I've done the same. I'm getting annoyed at something I can't control. Direct Debit cancelled and a cancellation request by email as well, citing the current regime as the reason, for what good it will do

Literally done the same thing at lunch for same reasons. Hardly celebrated on Sunday when we scored.

Emailed the club telling them I can’t continue to give money to a club who openly lie and deceive the fans. I’ll watch it in the pub instead.

No joy taken in the lads who have announced they have cancelled and I know it's not easy turning your back on something whch is a massive part of your life. To me the clubs support is too split for anything to make a real difference. Hats off to those who take the time to attend the SD protests and the ones who voice their opinions on matchday. Unfortunately we have just too many fans sitting on their backsides doing nothing either because they agree with Ashleys assessment of what he has done (unreal but there are a few), too scared of missing out on their 'social image' and others as they think they are 'superfans'. It needs 000s to either boycott the match or give Ashley non stop barrage at the match from the 1st minute to the last. Will it happen not a chance (and that including when Rafa goes). People are blinded that they can't see that a short term hit could give a long term reward. Sad times the average Newcastle supporter of today is totally different to the one I grew up with.