Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

It's more than just the club, it's the loss of the day out with the bairn, he's 17 he'll be off into adulthood before I know it, it's the loss of time with my older brother who I simply won't see as often if we're not at the match.  It's been a real wrench to cancel and I've wrestled with the decision but it's the only stand we have left to make as a fanbase.

Indeed it's a last resort move but we know how much regard he has for the supporters.

I sincerely hope you and your family can find some form or substitute to going to the game and in due time return when the leech has finally been removed.

As tough as it’s been to cancel season tickets (I cancelled mine this month too) because of the matchday experience .. not just the match itself .. it’s a good thing that there is a big bunch of none league sides within our region that (in some cases ) are doing very well and very much worth watching.  Spennymoor. Darlington. South Shields. Morpeth. Even Gateshead to a degree.  Makes it that little bit easier to still get your football fix.

Even for me, who only manages about 4 or 5 home games is a season, it's a hard experience to give up on. Don't envy the people who have to give up ST at all.

But we've just to accept that the NUFC we're used to supporting is gone, it's only a shell with the Ashley parasite inhabiting it. Until we get it back that matchday experience has got to be sacrificed.

I wonder if Rafa and his mind numbing tactics are equally to blame for that final decision to throw in the towel? 11 years since Ashley arrived and it appears now is the time to make the ultimate decision. Sad all round.

To be fair it was always going to be hard for Rafa to follow up the all out attacking, free flowing, possession dominating football Kinnear, Pardew and McClaren had us playing.

Which of those would you replace Rafa with?

Good mate of mine who lives down my way (Newmarket-Cambridge area) is chucking his.  They have 4 tickets in their family, all with over 100 loyalty points and I think they've been going best part of 20-25 years.  I think his old man is going to keep 2, but even he has lost interest and barely goes.  So I wonder if he'll follow suit. 

I used to have an ST for a couple of seasons and travel up for a large number of games, plus a fair few aways.  Binned it when they split the singing section up.  But I still used to go to at least 4-5 home games plus a similar number away.  I've not been to a home game this season and I don't really plan to.  My life and weekends used to revolve around the club.  Now it's almost like an inconvenience.

Absolute disgrace what the club has become.

Those cancelling their direct debits should be aware that my final payment wasn't until February, so it's best to cancel directly with the club. They've confirmed this morning that the ticket will be cancelled once the February payment has been taken.

Guest neesy111

Interesting how it seems to be on this forum, many old timers who are giving up.

Hope your not putting me and my mates in the old timers we are just turning 40.  :kasper: ;D ;D ;)

;)

Well, people going for a decent amount of years.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Hats off to all. Me and the brother sacked it off in September. The last game we were at was pure poison.

The atmosphere? The tactics?

Jesus wept...