Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Imagine equating the struggle over civil rights with premier league football.

:lol: not a dig it’s just not a big enough deal for a lot of people.

Clearly I’m not equating.

It’s more the principle to me. If you don’t try, you won’t get change. Of course it’s a ludicrous comparison.

There were people who were having to car pool and struggled to get to work to make a stand.

The point is, we’ll moan but not make a stand. I could have use the French Revolution or the English Civil War as an example. The point still stands. People voted with their feet and got the change they strived for. I think that’s a reasonable comparison to make in that sense?

I get what you’re saying though. I apologise if it comes across wrong

:lol:

I didn't mean anything by it. I think effective protests are difficult to get off the ground because for a lot of people they just aren't that bothered at the moment. I'm not sure a significant number of people will ever be that bothered by what goes on at NUFC to remove themselves from the match day experience. Like you say people will moan but not make a stand, I think part of that is its just not that important to them. It's a difficult object to get around.

That said, I think the season will probably sour reasonably quickly and support for protest will galvanise and vocalise as the season goes on. I think Rafa leaving will prove to be a watershed moment but I don't think it will feel like one in the early stages of this season.

Part of the problem with targeting the first game of the season is that it just takes a couple of signings and people will use it as a reason to maintain their status quo.

What I would say is that although turnout for Arsenal may be disheartening it is like to be as good as it gets in terms of fan satisfaction, or giving the club the benefit of the doubt. The conditions are ripe for protest to develop throughout the season, unpopular manager, heavy defeats, injuries, signings that will take time to adjust etc.

Seriously though, when did the majority of our fanbase become such spineless zombies?

They are just going to keep turning up like nothing is wrong, like we don't have an owner deliberately destroying the club and openly laughing about it, like we don't have an owner who got rid of Benitez for Bruce, it's beyond belief man.

I honestly thought the geordie public was better than this.

Our support used to be amazing, especially away, now even the away ends seem filled with loads of youngens off their faces more interested in acting like a tit than what's happening on the pitch.

It's just so sad and disheartening all-round.

Seriously though, when did the majority of our fanbase become such spineless zombies?

They are just going to keep turning up like nothing is wrong, like we don't have an owner deliberately destroying the club and openly laughing about i, like wwe don't have an owner who got rid of Benitez for Bruce, it's beyond belief.

Our support used to be amazing, especially away, now even the away ends seem filled with loads of youngens off their faces more interested in acting like a tit than what's happening on the pitch.

It's just so sad and disheartening allround.

To most people, the reality is, there isn't that much wrong. We're in the Premier League. That's enough for most people to show up.

They are just going to keep turning up like nothing is wrong, like we don't have an owner deliberately destroying the club and openly laughing about i, like wwe don't have an owner who got rid of Benitez for Bruce, it's beyond belief.

To most people, the reality is, there isn't that much wrong. We're in the Premier League. That's enough for most people to show up.

Thick spineless zombies then.

Guest covmag

Totally agree with this, any club has no chance of making a huge dent in the attendance while in the PL.

Ours especially will take anything up the arse and won’t let it spoil the day out.

No chance of ever turning the tide no matter what any one says to me.

Nail on head. The greatest trick and achievement Ashley has done here is lower expectations massively. 90% of our match going crowd see us as just a yoyo club now happy to just survive and that is the main reason there will never be any serious boycott.

Nail on head. The greatest trick and achievement Ashley has done here is lower expectations massively. 90% of our match going crowd see us as just a yoyo club now happy to just survive and that is the main reason there will never be any serious boycott.

This.

Official figure will no doubt assume all season ticket holders turned up.

Official gate will be tickets sold which i think will be approx 42/43K.

A proportion of season tick holders won't actually go and the actual gate will be something like 38/39K

I'll be there and don't care whether anyone else goes or doesn't go.

Guest covmag

A proportion of season tick holders won't actually go and the actual gate will be something like 38/39K

:idiot2:

How can it be 42 or 43k if there are only 7k tickets left?

NUFC will say 45,000 gate.  Actual attendance will be nearer 35,000.  What is difficult to understand?

Give over man. The attendance in SJP is calculated by how many barcodes have been scanned on the way into the stadium. It’s an accurate representation of how many people are in the stadium (it actually has to be accurate for health and safety purposes).

Not a chance it’s any less than 45k in my opinion.

Thought it was common knowledge it's season tickets + tickets sold. Actual attendance only needs to be known by those on the ground in case. Reported attendance is tickets sold.

The attendance is going to be interesting , out of everyone i have spoken to recently who i know had a season ticket , everyone has told me they are staying away.

I think  - 40k would be great.

The attendance is going to be interesting , out of everyone i have spoken to recently who i know had a season ticket , everyone has told me they are staying away.

I think  - 40k would be great.

I really hope you are right but i can't see it, seats dotted about but not a massive impact.

Cheers Wullie.  People need to be aware of this.  Especially with the propaganda being unleashed by Ashley and his minions.  Three signings and they are attempting to whip up interest.  It beggars belief that some folk fall for this.  Where has the money gone Ashley?