Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Binned off mine officially today - sad that you can end up with this relationship with your football club but paying £29 a game for this shit is almost robbery.

Fair play to Ashley, Dekka, Charnley etc they've won this round.

Won't make a difference cancelling. Attendance will be down by 1-2k at most. Ashley could probably close SJP and still run the club at a small profit. This tv deal, which will keep getting bigger, is his top trump. Maybe at some stage he was worried about attendances, but that has long gone. As long as the club remains in the division he doesn't care if you turn up or not.

Won't make a difference cancelling. Attendance will be down by 1-2k at most. Ashley could probably close SJP and still run the club at a small profit. This tv deal, which will keep getting bigger, is his top trump. Maybe at some stage he was worried about attendances, but that has long gone. As long as the club remains in the division he doesn't care if you turn up or not.

But it will make the individual happier.

Financially it maybe won't make any difference, but I can't believe empty stadiums and protests wouldn't.

For me, I just don't want to fund this regime any more as it doesn't feel right. It sucks though  :'(

Never suggested it would, I'm just sick of wasting money on it tbh. My version of what a football club is match is nearly every football club bar the one I support.

Never suggested it would, I'm just sick of wasting money on it tbh. My version of what a football club is match is nearly every football club bar the one I support.

Not a dig at anyone, just hope people are doing it for the right reasons; themselves.

Looking at the stadium plan we've sold well less than 40k tickets is far for the Stoke game. Taking into account Stokes pitiful following I can see a sub 45k crowd for the first time in a few seasons. Should set the alarm bells ringing, but it won't.

On a season ticket related subject it also shows how many season ticket holders we've lost in recent years  as there's still loads of availability in the East Stand. Before we were relegated that area was basically season ticket holders only except for a few empty seats dotted about.

3 seasons ago there were 8 of us with a ST at work. Once this season is finished there won't be any with the last 2 jacking theirs in yesterday. These are solid fans of the club that are so disillusioned with how things are panning out that, even giving the club the benefit of the doubt for the last year or 2, they're walking away from tickets they've held for years, in 3 cases decades. It's criminal.

Is tomorrow the last day to cancel?  Cannot make my mind up.  :idiot2:

Just seeing Carvers face makes me want to burn my ticket but I'll miss going and know I'll end up buckling and buy tickets. :banghead:

Just seeing Carvers face makes me want to burn my ticket but I'll miss going and know I'll end up buckling and buy tickets. :banghead:

There won't be much to miss with this guy in charge.

There wasnt much to miss with the last guy either.

The fear for me was always how much I thought I'd miss it. Turns out, I dont miss it at all. Whats there to miss at the end of the day? An empty shell of a stadium with terrible football on show. You/I still go into town before and after for pints.

There wasnt much to miss with the last guy either.

The fear for me was always how much I thought I'd miss it. Turns out, I dont miss it at all. Whats there to miss at the end of the day? An empty shell of a stadium with terrible football on show. You/I still go into town before and after for pints.

I'll genuinely miss watching a decent level of football like (even though we're shit).

Sad as it is if we were in London I'd be knocking about to see a few different teams on a weekend.

Non-league stuff gives me my fix every other week. £5 in and I can walk to the ground, it's far more enjoyable than seeing Newcastle trying to grind out another win by a single goal in the annual quest for 40 points. Fuck that shit.

Non-league stuff gives me my fix every other week. £5 in and I can walk to the ground, it's far more enjoyable than seeing Newcastle trying to grind out another win by a single goal in the annual quest for 40 points. Fuck that shit.

It's not the us I'm so bothered about but I'm not going to lie I have, because of our sinister shitness, been extracting joy out of watching the top drawer against us. Watching Mata last season for example is something special that you can't replicate although I will probably will get myself along to Heaton Stan or the Heed whoever going forward.

The state of NUFC has proper knocked the stuffing out of all football for me, the amount I watch now is absolutely minimal (apart from the World Cup which I absolutely gorged on). Haven't watched MOTD for over a year, even when we've not played.

Only reason I pay any attention to what else is going on is because I like a bet.

Unfortunately for wor lass I'm nowhere near that state although I'm slipping. PL is a shiffest bar a few teams inc. some of the 'big' teams. The only time it's exceeds the norm is when someone breaks ranks and actually goes after the so called 'big teams'.

Is tomorrow the last day to cancel?

You can cancel after the deadline although the club will probably not like it, I did last season and they did nothing.  I stopped paying after my final payment for that season ticket and roughly a month after that deadline, I did it before any money went out for this season.  I know others who made a couple of payments for this season before cancelling and nothing happened to them other than losing the money they had paid in advance.

The state of NUFC has proper knocked the stuffing out of all football for me, the amount I watch now is absolutely minimal (apart from the World Cup which I absolutely gorged on). Haven't watched MOTD for over a year, even when we've not played.

Only reason I pay any attention to what else is going on is because I like a bet.

I watch a fair number of live PL games, but I don't watch MOTD much anymore either. Still like taking in a bit of football, just NUFC games are becoming less and less special compared to the rest and the results of games don't really matter.

I only attend non-league now and it's bloody marvellous. PL is TV only, might consider a jaunt to St James next season but only as it's been so long.

I only attend non-league now and it's bloody marvellous. PL is TV only, might consider a jaunt to St James next season but only as it's been so long.

Don't think there's any of the old Trent House group still going is there? Sad times.

Personally, I knew I had to cancel because when we scored I could barely be arsed to get off my seat.  There was a time I'd celebrate any goal like it was a last minute winner in a cup final.  Now it's just, meh.  And it's not just coz I'm getting older, I still want that buzz.  That anticipation, nervous excitement before the game.  Town used to literally fizzle with excitement before the match.  Now it's dead, like its a chore just to turn up.  To me, NUFC used to be something special but whatever that was it's been lost and I,ve no idea how to get back!