Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

People on Twitter saying the price of their seat has gone up by over 20% for next season. I'm at work so haven't checked yet but will be disappointed if this is the case.

Edit: Mine (Gallowgate) has gone from £520 to £628 for next season.

Going to be a cracking increase when the 10 year fixed price ends.

Any idea when that is?!

I'm trying to think as it was mentioned on my renewal back in March. It might be next year.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/archive/united-delighted-with-season-ticket-sales

Introduced April 2011.

Didn’t it get extended to a 13 year deal at some point?

Absolutely no idea.

With all this positive news being released today I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes anyway.

Just out of interest how much are they charging for the Milburn Paddocks? I’m on the 10 year deal and have no idea what the standard rate is.

If it's increased by the same % as the Gallowgate and the Leazes it'll be around £850. East Stand will be the same.

Just out of interest how much are they charging for the Milburn Paddocks? I’m on the 10 year deal and have no idea what the standard rate is.

If it's increased by the same % as the Gallowgate and the Leazes it'll be around £850. East Stand will be the same.

Bloody hell thats around £200 more than I’m paying, when the time comes another £20 - £30 per month may make people like me have to consider renewing. Unless they extend it......

I'm having to make the decision to let mine go sadly. It's just too expensive and that's me priced out. On the plus side, for anyone with a spare £628 for 19 games of football I'll be freeing up a superb seat in the Strawberry Corner.

Any explanation from the club on this? Nar? Shocked.

Their pathetic attempt to justify it was...

"Supporters who are not on long-term price freeze deals and who benefitted from the extension to the club's Championship price reduction last season will now pay the new standard one-year season ticket price."

...whilst the TV revenue dwarfs ticket revenue and the club pisses about with the manager and transfers.

The prices have been relatively low for ages now to be fair, they had to go up at some point.

If you had full faith in the club’s ambitions then paying an increase would be much easier.

The prices have been relatively low for ages now to be fair, they had to go up at some point.

If you had full faith in the club’s ambitions then paying an increase would be much easier.

Not if you can't afford it and prices of between £628-£1,000+ for 19 games of football isn't relatively low to people living in the North East of England.

Yup spot on. I was fully intent on getting a ST again this season after not having one for 4 seasons, but the increase in price would have to matched by shows of ambition or even just support from the owner, and even as a massive optimist, I can't see that being the case whichever way I look.

Not if you can't afford it and prices of between £628-£1,000+ for 19 games of football isn't relatively low to people living in the North East of England.

I mean in relation to other clubs, and with the long term fixed price deals that have been going on. I'm not saying it's cheap. Top flight football is a very expensive hobby these days unfortunately.