Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Good to know I can renew the ticket I cancelled in January, in the unlikely event this summer takes a positive turn. :lol:

Same as me and the deadline is July 4th. I will wait until then to decide. Everyone should.

Anybody renewing their season ticket on 1 July after Rafa has left, Ashley has said that the takeover isn't happening, and Joe Kinnear is announced as new manager deserves all the bad things that they'll witness in the upcoming season. Absolute mugs.

Cool, so as long as it's not July 1st we're grand :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you're on the 10 year deal with monthly payments can you just stop the direct debit to cancel your season ticket? Or will the club come back demanding payments?

The club can't demand a penny off you as it's not a credit agreement that you enter into with them and it won't affect your credit rating either. Effectively though as you are paying in advance you'll probably lose some money but surely it's better than continuing with your payments and helping fund the destruction of the club.

If you're on the 10 year deal with monthly payments can you just stop the direct debit to cancel your season ticket? Or will the club come back demanding payments?

The club can't demand a penny off you as it's not a credit agreement that you enter into with them and it won't affect your credit rating either. Effectively though as you are paying in advance you'll probably lose some money but surely it's better than continuing with your payments and helping fund the destruction of the club.

Just wish thousands do it. Clear message of enough is enough. People pay to watch a sporting institution compete and use the money to improve. Instead its purely about making Ashley and Sports Direct money. It's his gravy train first, the only bit about football and the club he cares about is the staying in the league element. Fuck handing money to that fat parasite.

Renewal deadline is 4th July but, tickets do not go on general sale until 15th July which really means you have until 15th July to renew - should the takeover actually start to happen...  There are no reasons for anyone to panic just yet.

I love my seat but, I am prepared to let it go this time.  Gutted about Rafa, I am just hanging on to some glimmer of hope that there is something better behind all of this and Rafa leaving is actually just all part of Ashley releasing his grip on the club.

4 months of payments towards next season made by me already but think i might need to cut my losses and cancel that DD. Next payment due next Thursday... i think, so guess i've got to decide by the end of the week. For those who've cancelled, how instant is the process? So i can get it done before i'm stung for another months money.

4 months of payments towards next season made by me already but think i might need to cut my losses and cancel that DD. Next payment due next Thursday... i think, so guess i've got to decide by the end of the week. For those who've cancelled, how instant is the process? So i can get it done before i'm stung for another months money.

Don't see why you need that long to decide TBH.

Just cancel your dd, I didn't even bother  contacting the club. Then ask your bank for the money back from the 4 payments. It's that easy.

Well, as angry as i am, 43 years of going, 21 years of taking my daughter from the age of 3, 29 years of having a ST and 150+ loyalty pts are factors not to be dismissed easily. Cheers for your help uncle bingo and others.

Well, as angry as i am, 43 years of going, 21 years of taking my daughter from the age of 3, 29 years of having a ST and 150+ loyalty pts are factors not to be dismissed easily. Cheers for your help uncle bingo and others.

Not easy at all mate, but 100% the best thing to do.

It's not the club you used to follow.

Renewal deadline is 4th July but, tickets do not go on general sale until 15th July which really means you have until 15th July to renew - should the takeover actually start to happen...  There are no reasons for anyone to panic just yet.

I love my seat but, I am prepared to let it go this time.  Gutted about Rafa, I am just hanging on to some glimmer of hope that there is something better behind all of this and Rafa leaving is actually just all part of Ashley releasing his grip on the club.

Provided you don't tell them your not renewing you have until the end of August. If your daft enough to tell them they will have from 15th July to find some mug to buy it. I renewed mine last season on 10th August and didn't start paying umtil the middle of September. I'm not telling them i will not be renewing so they will try and sell August games match to match. Good luck with that now. Also it means when they can try to  sell the season ticket it will have 2 games less for the money as i don't think they reduce prices until halfway through the season. Of course it also buys you time in the unlikely event a takeover does go through to change your mind.

Guest The Little Waster

45000 or thereabouts ... best thing to do is not to protest but to talk / debate with those who are in two minds about renewing and getting them to see the light . there will always be a hardcore of approx 20 - 30000 morons whose iq's are so low that its not worth bothering trying to argue with them

Anyone getting season tickets or goes to any matches at this point are either:

1. completely oblivious about the club and just goes to the matches without reading/watching the news or talking about it with friends, family, collegues, or;

2. a complete fucking idiot