Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

If the club had any sense (:lol:) anyone cancelling would have their cards and any points earned simply suspended as inactive which can be reactivated at some point in time for a small activation fee should they wish to renew, or access for away tickets.

Over the past few seasons it’s noticeable how many away games points needed to get a ticket have fallen or how quickly tickets have went on general sale.

Those that are cancelling their tickets now are some of the more long term holders and many who go to away games on a more regular basis. The club won’t have too many problems filling their seats with new season ticket holders or by way of single match day tickets, but they will struggle massively to sell away tickets to those buying a new season ticket and not just because they will start with zero points, but because only a real handful of dedicated hard core fans go to more than a few away games.

If I cancel Sky (which we’ve done) and I want to join up again, I’m already in their system and providing my dish and box and card is still intact and operational they simply just reactivate the service at their end and hey presto, it’s back on.

Or that’s how it used be the last time we cancelled and then signed back up.

Disagree about easily selling home tickets mind, theres no waiting list now.

Big gaps imho

I don't understand how you lose loyalty points. Surely as long as you have an account with the club, your points total is on that. Why does it matter if you have a season ticket active?

Because it's a (very effective) tool to get people to renew...

If the club had any sense (:lol:) anyone cancelling would have their cards and any points earned simply suspended as inactive which can be reactivated at some point in time for a small activation fee should they wish to renew, or access for away tickets.

Over the past few seasons it’s noticeable how many away games points needed to get a ticket have fallen or how quickly tickets have went on general sale.

Those that are cancelling their tickets now are some of the more long term holders and many who go to away games on a more regular basis. The club won’t have too many problems filling their seats with new season ticket holders or by way of single match day tickets, but they will struggle massively to sell away tickets to those buying a new season ticket and not just because they will start with zero points, but because only a real handful of dedicated hard core fans go to more than a few away games.

If I cancel Sky (which we’ve done) and I want to join up again, I’m already in their system and providing my dish and box and card is still intact and operational they simply just reactivate the service at their end and hey presto, it’s back on.

Would it be fair on those keeping their season tickets if someone drops out and still comes back to take their Wembley ticket when the good times roll?

( I know, I know.....)

Guest Howaythetoon

Would it be fair on those keeping their season tickets if someone drops out and still comes back to take their Wembley ticket when the good times roll?

( I know, I know.....)

Can’t see us making the playoffs next year...

( I know, I know.....)

When we go it's important to stay gone. No bounce back effect.

Incorrect. Season ticket sales dropped from 40k last season to around 36k this season so those of us who packed in last summer (me included) weren't replaced and there's already been several sub 50k crowds this season.

Those packing in now aren't being replaced by new fans.

Guest neesy111

Incorrect. Season ticket sales dropped from 40k last season to around 36k this season so those of us who packed in last summer (me included) weren't replaced and there's already been several sub 50k crowds this season.

Yeap, we've only sold out 1 game this season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Then good.

Guest Howaythetoon

( I know, I know.....)

When we go it's important to stay gone. No bounce back effect.

Oh aye no doubt, preferably while Ashley is here the club drops and drops.

Just told my Dad that I have no intention of going back this season.  We've both paid our tickets in full last summer.

Fuck them, we're going to fill the time by meeting up for a couple of pints locally. The only think I feel bad about is not supporting Rafa but he's 99.9% gone in the summer anyway.

Just told my Dad that I have no intention of going back this season.  We've both paid our tickets in full last summer.

Fuck them, we're going to fill the time by meeting up for a couple of pints locally. The only think I feel bad about is not supporting Rafa but he's 99.9% gone in the summer anyway.

Surprised you have even been going, paid or not. He is 100% going, please dont have hope, we all know Rafa is away, id lose respect for him if he stayed tbh, glad you arent renewing ? You arent are you?

Im retweeting everything i see about not renewing .i spoke to a lad today who said it gets him out the house on a Saturday  :rolleyes:

I give up with some cunts

If you are on the long term deal it just means your next payment is going towards next season. You can still cancel after but you won’t get your money back. No issues with breaking the agreement - it’s not a credit agreement.

Just means if you then cancel that you've wasted a month's payments (I lost 3 or 4 months worth when I cancelled at the end of a season), although I'm pretty sure LFEE[/member] successfully claimed money back through his bank.

You're never locked in as no credit agreement exists.

Just means if you then cancel that you've wasted a month's payments (I lost 3 or 4 months worth when I cancelled at the end of a season), although I'm pretty sure LFEE[/member] successfully claimed money back through his bank.

You're never locked in as no credit agreement exists.

I cancelled my season ticket before the season start having made several payments and claimed them back through the bank on the basis I had been missold

( I know, I know.....)

Good times will only return when Ashley has gone, and I assume most fans will request a new season ticket once he's left.

( I know, I know.....)

Good times will only return when Ashley has gone, and I assume most fans will request a new season ticket once he's left.

Maybe not.Once folk wander away it'll be one a chore to come back. Some of my mates sit in the local and watch every match home and away and I can't even give them a ticket to attend. A lot will say "I'll be back when...." But they won't.

( I know, I know.....)

Maybe not.Once folk wander away it'll be one a chore to come back. Some of my mates sit in the local and watch every match home and away and I can't even give them a ticket to attend. A lot will say "I'll be back when...." But they won't.

I get the impression you might not sell the matchday experience to them very well.

I don't understand how you lose loyalty points. Surely as long as you have an account with the club, your points total is on that. Why does it matter if you have a season ticket active?

This is what happened to me. I had a season ticket for nearly 20 years. Had well over 100 points. Due to change in circumstances I had to give up for just over 2 seasons. When I renewed and logged into my account the points were still there then suddenly gone and given a new membership number.

Complained and was told tough shit

( I know, I know.....)

I get the impression you might not sell the matchday experience to them very well.

Mike Ashley and Rafas negativity kill the sales patter stone dead. You could be right.

( I know, I know.....)

aye you get in and loads of people disrupt coming in late, moan about our players whilst checking their bets on the phones. they all go for a piss at 30 minutes then start drifting off for a pint after 35 minutes. Second half they arrive late, moan at players, check their bets and start leaving after 80 minutes to go back to the pub.