The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

@GFN_France: Get French Football News picks Yohan Cabaye as man of the match tonight:

Pass Completion rate: 91%

Passes Completed: 141

Assists: 1

#PSG

9% pass failure rate. Would not bang.

Can't believe people talking s*** about Barcelona today. Done everything that's been asked about them against a very good team.

They looked better to me against City than Bayern did against Arsenal.... although that might have been more to do with City performing at a lower level than Arsenal but still.

I have only seen them in the big games this season..... (City, Milan, Madrid and Atletico) but each time they have been good, i wonder if they have a problem with getting motivated for the "lesser teams?"  :undecided: ( was probably one of the major things Pep did great for them)

Anyway i'm baffled by Neymar, not in general play because i think he was good and i know he was out of position but again i found his finishing to poor for Barca.

Now i know he doesn't get as many opportunities as he does for Brazil due to Messi etc etc but when i see him for Brazil his finishing is fantastic but when i see him for Barca he looks timid in front of goal and i really don't get it.

Can't believe people talking s*** about Barcelona today. Done everything that's been asked about them against a very good team.

They looked better to me against City than Bayern did against Arsenal.... although that might have been more to do with City performing at a lower level than Arsenal but still.

I have only seen them in the big games this season..... (City, Milan, Madrid and Atletico) but each time they have been good, i wonder if they have a problem with getting motivated for the "lesser teams?"  :undecided: ( was probably one of the major things Pep did great for them)

Anyway i'm baffled by Neymar, not in general play because i think he was good and i know he was out of position but again i found his finishing to poor for Barca.

Now i know he doesn't get as many opportunities as he does for Brazil due to Messi etc etc but when i see him for Brazil his finishing is fantastic but when i see him for Barca he looks timid in front of goal and i really don't get it.

I reckon Neymar is one of those players who revels in being the main man, much like Ibrahimovic or someone but obviously with a different style of play. He doesn't look as confident or comfortable playing for Barca yet as he does for Brazil and it could be because he isn't the best player in their team.

I reckon Neymar is one of those players who revels in being the main man, much like Ibrahimovic or someone but obviously with a different style of play. He doesn't look as confident or comfortable playing for Barca yet as he does for Brazil and it could be because he isn't the best player in their team.

Think you're pretty much spot on here. He's just not comfortable, you can see the way he plays he's always looking for passes and hesitant to make a dribble, which makes him a bit to slow as he's unsure what to do. His best spell has been with Messi out of the team scoring 6-7 goals or so.

Yesterday was great. Fun exciting game only marred by a s*** referee. I was reminded that despite our current anemic disposition, we still can pull off a good game in an European night against strong opposition. Messi was good again, our only chance at silverware this season is getting him back to his old form, so hope this is a trend.

Fun banter with drunk Mancunians, too.

"In the end, it'll be like Barca: unwatchable. They will pass the ball back even on the goal-line". Don't know if anybody saw this quote from Beckenbauer last night about Bayern. I have to agree with him on this

I agree with him. Bayern are becoming Barca, mind numbing.

I don't understand that at all really, it's almost as if it's a negative to be too good at football. I could watch Barca play for weeks, and Bayern are mint as well.

Aye, it's bollocks, basically.

It's a negative for the neutral, certainly. I prefer competitive games rather than teams turning up, defending and waiting for Barca/Bayern to pass them into submission and concede goals.

I'm not just saying this to be contrary - I watch a lot of Bundesliga as my flatmate loves it. We both hate watching Bayern now.

When there's no competition, fans get bored. Look at Celtic this year. Attendances have halved and they enjoy similar, if not less, domination over the league.

I don't understand that at all really, it's almost as if it's a negative to be too good at football. I could watch Barca play for weeks, and Bayern are mint as well.

Aye, it's bollocks, basically.

It's a negative for the neutral, certainly. I prefer competitive games rather than teams turning up, defending and waiting for Barca/Bayern to pass them into submission and concede goals.

I'm not just saying this to be contrary - I watch a lot of Bundesliga as my flatmate loves it. We both hate watching Bayern now.

When there's no competition, fans get bored. Look at Celtic this year. Attendances have halved and they enjoy similar, if not less, domination over the league.

Not sure dominant teams can do anything about teams turning up and being defensive against them like.