The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

It's more him being in the pitch forcing us going through the centre too much, and he's still not in top form. Without him as the focal point, Sánchez/Pedro had been taking a greater role.

So, Messi's shit?

Ten Cate is entertaining to say the least.

And at NAC Breda technical director Jan Rad recalled: "It was a tragic season with Ten Cate. He had private troubles with our team manager, Cor Bloks, and with the physiotherapist, Jan Lukx.

"Things got so bad that one day there was even a fight between Ten Cate and the manager in the club car park.

"Lukx was affected so badly by the constant rows and aggression that we had to send him for psychiatric help. He was still receiving help two years after Ten Cate left."

The relationship between Ten Cate and the Breda players was no better.

Midfielder Jeffrey van As admitted: "On the pitch there's no better coach than Ten Cate but, socially, he fights on every front.

"When I said something in the newspaper about the treatment of the physiotherapist, he came in the next day and threw the paper in my face. He said to me: 'F*** off and go join your friend!'

Ten Cate is entertaining to say the least.

And at NAC Breda technical director Jan Rad recalled: "It was a tragic season with Ten Cate. He had private troubles with our team manager, Cor Bloks, and with the physiotherapist, Jan Lukx.

"Things got so bad that one day there was even a fight between Ten Cate and the manager in the club car park.

"Lukx was affected so badly by the constant rows and aggression that we had to send him for psychiatric help. He was still receiving help two years after Ten Cate left."

The relationship between Ten Cate and the Breda players was no better.

Midfielder Jeffrey van As admitted: "On the pitch there's no better coach than Ten Cate but, socially, he fights on every front.

"When I said something in the newspaper about the treatment of the physiotherapist, he came in the next day and threw the paper in my face. He said to me: 'F*** off and go join your friend!'

I might start watching more Spanish football if he becomes a regular

It's more him being in the pitch forcing us going through the centre too much, and he's still not in top form. Without him as the focal point, Sánchez/Pedro had been taking a greater role.

So, Messi's s***?

Nah just the by product of Messi being Messi means the team becomes about him more than a team effort as it was before.

Doesn't help that Messi is lazy as f*ck these days and hardly moves off the ball to create space at all so instead of the false 9 he was he's more of a 10 which means Barca are practically without a focal point.

Neymar coming back will help as he can take some attention away and actually create things off a pass, dribble etc etc.

I do think though that Barca should seriously consider looking at an actual CF if Messi continues to operate in this fashion, would make them a heck of a lot less predictable if anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barcelona should look to cash in on Messi, I know he's the best player in the world etc. but they can still be a great team without him and even a better one with the right kind of players. I don't think they could get anyone to grab the number of goals he scores nor is there anyone in their side capable of scoring such a number of goals, but Barcelona have not been successful because they have the world's top goalscorer in their side.

They have been successful because as an 11 they have been brilliant with great players throughout. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and even Valdes have been just as instrumental as Messi has been. Of course Messi is the star man, but in my lifetime Barcelona have always had the best players and always won stuff. They can carry on succeeding without Messi.

Messi himself should come to the Premier League, he won't score as many as he has done in Spain, but he'll become an even better player.

Of course, if he fancies playing for the mighty Toon he would be more than welcome... :lol:

Barcelona should look to cash in on Messi, I know he's the best player in the world etc. but they can still be a great team without him and even a better one with the right kind of players. I don't think they could get anyone to grab the number of goals he scores nor is there anyone in their side capable of scoring such a number of goals, but Barcelona have not been successful because they have the world's top goalscorer in their side.

They have been successful because as an 11 they have been brilliant with great players throughout. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and even Valdes have been just as instrumental as Messi has been. Of course Messi is the star man, but in my lifetime Barcelona have always had the best players and always won stuff. They can carry on succeeding without Messi.

Messi himself should come to the Premier League, he won't score as many as he has done in Spain, but he'll become an even better player.

Of course, if he fancies playing for the mighty Toon he would be more than welcome... :lol:

What are you on about? They can sell their deadwood in order to sign central defenders and they'll be fine. Selling the world's best footballer is stupidity, you just don't do that. He's been injured for long and people are now talking about selling him to get better? Barcelona need to get Messi and Neymar fit, because both at their best will be completely unstoppable. They were already finding each other (well Neymar was assisting Messi) a lot until Messi broke down, then Neymar broke down when Messi got fit.

They need to put Xavi on the bench play Fabregas, Busquets and Iniesta with Neymar, Mesis and Pedro/Alexis and they'll be good.

It's seriously sheer stupidity. How did you even come up with that idea HTT? I really like you and sometimes I feel like the punishment doesn't fit the crime with you, but come on. :lol:

Felipão and HTT sitting in a Tree. 

O0

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm serious, bank 100m or whatever and move on. Its not like they won't win things without Messi. I also feel the player himself could do with a new challenge. Barcelona lost an even bigger player in Guardiola but they will still go onto win things and play great football. They can do the same without Messi. I don't see why this is such an outrageous idea to be honest.